Snow Day! ...snow day?
In the spirit of an unexpected (sort of--my dad has predicted this for over a week) day off, I am cleaning out kitchen cabinets and planning on decorating the tree. These things true, I will be updating the site throughout the day with strange objects I've uncovered (some of which may become RogueGifts at the party) in my cabinets--some of which have recesses to which the light of day has been denied for as many as ten years! Exciting? EXCITING!
First weird find is a partial box of Dixie cups. I think these hail to about 4-6 years ago when I hosted a faculty party that featured a "white trash toast at midnight"--beer in dixie cups.
I also uncovered, vintage-my-childhood, Incredible Hulk thermos. No lunchbox. Just thermos. Huh? These could make excellent RogueGifts.
You post, too! What are YOU doing today?
Heart12,
Easter
First weird find is a partial box of Dixie cups. I think these hail to about 4-6 years ago when I hosted a faculty party that featured a "white trash toast at midnight"--beer in dixie cups.
I also uncovered, vintage-my-childhood, Incredible Hulk thermos. No lunchbox. Just thermos. Huh? These could make excellent RogueGifts.
You post, too! What are YOU doing today?
Heart12,
Easter

30 Comments:
omg. the dixie cups feature kittens and puppies!
1980 Pac-Man plastic mug with holographic illustration of the gameboard.
late 70s smoked grey glass mug from McDonalds featuring Hamburglar. I remember these; there were other characters--Ronald, Grimace, Mayor McCheese, etc. I have only the Hamburlar.
retro tea cup i was holding (full of coffee) when i broke up a fight outside my old classroom...Edison Rm 171, I think. It shared a fake wall with the french classroom...
plastic smirnoff martini glass with green LED in the stem that Mrs. Merrill & Mrs. Vernon brought me in the hospital 5 yrs ago when i had my first aneurysm surgery because they'd been out partying w/o me but didn't want me to feel left out! it was a free premium at the bar...
june 8, 1977 Dowell industries tankard celebrating "2,000,000 days without a serious injury"
squeeky scrubbing bubbles guy!
LOL yr finding SO MANY TREASURES TODAY easter. Such opulence!
I just woke up so I don't know what I'm doing yet. :O
part of a potato sack with a picture of a smiling potato with legs and a crown--"Smilin' Spuds"
speckled dark blue/white/black hard plastic ashtray.
pkg of Japanese Tide detergent!
5 wrapped, plastic cups from Super 8 Motel!
zippo fluid and flints from my old smoking days. i'll put this with the ashtray for a bonus!
school lunch tray in a lovely barf-conglomeration of colors!
2 bowls i used to keep in my dorm room to hold the elements of earth and water! lime scale still in the water one and red dust still in the earth one!
unopened can of Pink Beauty salmon!
Wow that's great! I've been sitting in my house alone litening to music and working on homework i should have done yesterday but put it off and now i have to get it done
now i'm moving to the lower cabinets...Watch out!
Lower cabinets? There's more? Yikes.
Man, I gotcher guyses xmas presents today and they are something, let me tell you. can't wait for our partayyy.
banana and tomato themed placemat and coaster sets!
OMG. An American Gothic trivet!
a pair of quilt work large hot pads, one of which features embroidered cyclamen--the other of which features an embroidered horse's head!
and...i've made it to the end of the kitchen. i started roughly 12 hours ago. i hope you enjoyed this journey as much as i did--and no worries: you'll all be on the receiving end of a fond memory of said journey come the Very RogueChristmas Partay!
Oh, man. That all sounds delightful. Especially the martini glass with the LED light, made much better by the accompanying story.
Remember when you let slip that you went to happy hour with Mrs. Merrill and spent the next half hour trying to convince me that people went to happy hour for other reasons than the alcohol?
Great adventure Easter
wow....I think I know what things I want.....:-)
I spent the day with Rachel, Paige, and Kiel. All day. It was good. And I'm spending tomorrow with the again, only with the rest of the gang as well.
I suppose I'll go get x-mas presents tomorrow. Hm....now I must brain storm. Would the zoo let me collect elephant piss in jars?
the zoo might, but i think the elephants would object.
LOL.
So checking back here periodically was the highlight of my day yesterday...:O
I think you would need a rather large jar.
oh my..... so rogue friday?
yep! wait! crap! i have a faculty party after school friday. i guess i'm out. drat!
of course we have our rogue christmas party next tuesday...
thoughts?
ummmmm what time would that be? cause my family up and decided to have our christmas with the people i hate most in this world that night so i have to try and work around that. I'm not missing christmas rogue!
K, so potluck, right?
What time do we want to say?
can we somhow make it to where i can leave by at the latest six? I'm suppose to be there at four but my mom gave me till six-thirty to get there so i'd have to leave by six
Post a Comment
<< Home