New members?
Alright, folks. Unless anyone has any real objection(s) about the addition of our 2 prospective new rogues, I think we will send them 'official' invitations in the next day or so--so they can be at SoB this Friday. Tina will be out of town, and Jennie & Deena won't be there. As long as the rest of you will be, we'll make it OK.
I'm now going to suggest something that you may or may not like: Limit yourselves to 2 poems this week--just as a trial. Write as many as you want/can, but bring only 2 you really dig. Here's my rationale: I feel like anything beyond 2 each doesn't really keep people's attention--and I feel we rush a bit, too, when only several people have additional poems.
While I've got your attention, let's all do our best to ATTENTIVELY listen to each other's material. Last week we had people (1) writing and not listening, (2) sleeping and not listening, (3) daydreaming--obviously looking around and not listening, and (4) actually visiting quietly and not listening. I've been meaning to bring this up for the last 2 weeks...we cannot establish a pattern of indifference about our readings or we'll need to hold them less frequently.
YEAH! TAKE THAT, BIZNITCHES.
<3 12,
Easter
I'm now going to suggest something that you may or may not like: Limit yourselves to 2 poems this week--just as a trial. Write as many as you want/can, but bring only 2 you really dig. Here's my rationale: I feel like anything beyond 2 each doesn't really keep people's attention--and I feel we rush a bit, too, when only several people have additional poems.
While I've got your attention, let's all do our best to ATTENTIVELY listen to each other's material. Last week we had people (1) writing and not listening, (2) sleeping and not listening, (3) daydreaming--obviously looking around and not listening, and (4) actually visiting quietly and not listening. I've been meaning to bring this up for the last 2 weeks...we cannot establish a pattern of indifference about our readings or we'll need to hold them less frequently.
YEAH! TAKE THAT, BIZNITCHES.
<3 12,
Easter

13 Comments:
I'M PROUD..... and I will limit myself, difficult though. and yeah, ok
I was so not expecting that last line.
Okay. Two poems. I was noticing the attention thing, too.
I probably need to leave SoB at around 6:30 this week, but if we're only reading two, it sounds like we'll be done before then anyway. Well, maybe not, because we're waiting for sports playing freshmen boys now.
Anyway.
By "official", do you mean a Pizzamanhead letter?
Felix pridie idibus martii, omnes!
you are not alowed to use your extinsive knowledge of the Latin language around/ against us! Du bist eine dummkopf!
Yeah, Joe, stop calling me a dumb head.
I won't be at academic bowl tomorrow, and on Friday I need to take my car to the garage right after school. I'll probably end up meeting you at SoB.
By the way....nevermind.
Yeah.
I think the sudden ADD is contributed to by the population explosion of freshman boys.
No. We never really had an attention span anyway.
OH MY GOSH I found it.
Snaps for Katie.
The end.
it is!
Monday: "V for Vendetta" we are going to go see it monday
my idea is we go to Barnes & Nobel about an Hour befor it starts, then we walk to the theatre. I am not sure what time the movie is yet, i will on sunday from the paper, but we can walk from Barnes & Nobel to either Hollywood or SOUTHROARD 20 SO IT ALL WORKS OUT!
Wade and Katie, you can click on any of our names when we post and you willbe sent to out blog spot accout page thingy, just so you know
Yes, I know. As hard as it is to understand, I'm not internet challenged, Joe, dear.
And I can't come to anything on Monday. Sorrryyyyyy.
tomarrow, i will find out what time the movie is.
ALL WHO GET ON HERE GIVE ME YOUR NUMBER SO I CAN TELL YOU WHEN IT IS OR INFORM YOU OF ANY LASY MINUTE THING, AND WE ARE ROGUE SO THERE WILL BE LAST MINUTE THINGS!
Post a Comment
<< Home