Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Spring Market Sign-Up

OK. It's getting closer to Spring Market time, so this is the email I've been promising. Spring Market runs from 9a-5p on Saturday 4/22. I'm scheduling 3 shifts: set-up, lunch hour, and take-down.

Set-up: 8:30a - 11:30a
Lunch hour: 11:30a - 2:30p
Take-down: 2:30p- 5:30p

I need everyone to post his/her availability. We need at least 2 people per shift with a max. of 3.

Shift descriptions are as follow:
Set-up: arrive half an hour before Market begins and get items for sale arranged, get signage up, get money organized, and sell goods
Lunch hour: sell goods
Take-down: sell goods, and at the end of Market (around 5p) take down signage, pack up unsold merchandise, count/organize money, put away tables, displays, etc.

I will definitely be at the set-up shift, and I may pop in throughout the day or at least be available by phone if anyone needs anything.

What about you?

Easter

10 Comments:

Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Yeah...shifts? Better the other way.
I'll be there as soon as I'm able (middlish of lunch hour) and may need to leave before the end of take down shift, due to birthday conflicts.
It should work out to roughly more than one shift.
Sorry I didn't make it today. I would have been done in time, but Michael stayed an extra hour, and it was six before I was free.

4/19/2006 08:39:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

I can do lunch hour and take-down (both, or one or the other, depending on who you need when). Bonnie will also come, like I said, but I promise she'll be nice. :)

4/20/2006 04:10:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

We totally have a groupie!
It's funny because we have enough Rogue boys to have straight female groupies now.

4/20/2006 05:15:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

well, it's coming together. that's a good thing. i'm getting ready to go gather my fold-up tables, coverings, the jewelry, displays, etc. these things we'll set up tomorrow after school. there is still one thing we're lacking: signage. perhaps we can swing something with some cardboard in my room tomorrow...?

4/20/2006 08:19:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

we heart our jennie.

4/20/2006 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

alright; everything's coming together nicely. i'll be to the Market early in the a.m. since we weren't able to set up today. and i'll see those who are running the set-up shift around 8:30a.

as for those of you who come to close down the Market, here's all you need to know: put the money in a very safe, secure place. pack up everything back into sacks/boxes. put it in someone's car for keeping over the weekend. there you have it.

to whomever is working at any time during the Market: please do not "sell" change to other vendors. small bills may be hard to come by as the day wears on. if you all run out, call me: 857-4035. if anyone whines to you that they need one's, etc., blame ME for why you cannot abide their request.

i'm excited. it looks like a beautiful day to make some money and have a lot of fun!

4/21/2006 09:57:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

woot.

4/21/2006 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

our booth is outside the main entrance on the HS side. if you can imagine where the registrar's office is and mrs. carter's office, well we're right outside their windows on the corner of the building. if the spot proves too sunny, you all are free to move to a different locale outside as the day bears on. i overheard one of the workers say there weren't many outdoor vendors, so any space not taken is a space to which we could move if necessary.

i think i'm going to type up a notes sheet to leave with the booth when i'm not there just in case there are things that come up you guys don't know how to handle.

4/22/2006 06:24:00 AM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

yes, it was a special day. it's the stuff of magic.

i'm so proud.

4/22/2006 06:18:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

If I'm answering in order of importance, then yes: I can drive the van. In fact, I learned to drive in it.
The actual problem with the van idea is that it no longer runs, which we discovered. Sorry.

4/23/2006 06:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home