Saturday, March 25, 2006

Conjurations

And a lovely Saturday morning to you all! I've been up since just past 6a--even went out for breakfast with my parents. Heck, yeah I did. Anyhow, I'm making this entry for a specific reason: We need to conjure up a way (or some ways) of raising funds for Casey & Raul--neither of whom has asked we do this. It's my idea. At SoB yesterday some of you had ideas. Post them again here if they fit within our parameters. OK. So I guess I should remind you what our parameters are...

(1) The event must take place off school property.
(2) The event must take place by the end of April (when's your show, R?).

Remember: The reason we must do whatever we do off school grounds is that we're not fund-raising for our group, per se. We're just wanting to make some cash and hand it over to whom we please.

Casey & Raul: What should be our target $ goal? Would $200ea be right? I think we could raise $400 doing something... Do we need to aim higher?

The rest of you need to get creative and come up with ideas. Now. Yesterday! A week ago!

<3 12

Easter

15 Comments:

Blogger RoguePoets said...

anyone know anything about that edison market thing they have in the spring? what if the artistic sorts make things to sell there? (drawings, t-shirts, paintings, jewelry, etc.) the less artistic of you could make jewelry because i've got a ton of beads...

3/25/2006 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

I agree, I think doing a garage sale would be pretty granduh. I also like the idea of doing artsy stuff for spring market because that'd be awesome. But I don't know anything about that...:/
and
!applesauce applesauce!
taDUH.

3/26/2006 12:39:00 AM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

now the hard part...if we do a garage sale, where can we have it? do any of your families have an empty garage--or large portion of one where they would let us store stuff for a couple of weeks while we get it all gathered? also, preferably it would be a house on a long street in a neighborhood so that parking wouldn't be a problem. you guys could attempt to sell artsy things at the garage sale if they're cheap...

more ideas?

3/26/2006 07:33:00 AM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

I have a completely empty backroom that would work as well as a garage...and a big yard...my mom said she doesn't care.
...and there's my contribution...

3/26/2006 01:19:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

your family has an empty room? you're all sickos! but this could work. where do you live? give me an intersection (for internet privacy). and tell your mom she rocks!

3/26/2006 01:40:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Wow. I missed a lot of posting and commenting. Here are my comments on previous things (or skip to the end for a response to this post):
V for Vendetta was good. I saw it in RI. Wasn’t anti-Rogue. In fact, it was very much in the vein of Rogue. And only violent for one tiny attempted rape scene, a few acts of sedition (and/or treason) and a lot of gratuitous violence.
Let us not be like Mitch. Rules are not the bane of Rogue. Only dumb rules. If they’re sensible and come about democratically, I don’t see why we can’t have any number of self-directed guidelines/policies/etc. Mitch is gone, by the by.
I echo Easter in his begging Joe to use a dictionary. Download the Google toolbar, Joe. It has a spell check feature for anything you’re typing in a submittable internet form....

Aaah, pink text!
...okay.
And way to refrain from using the word “kids” in favor of “young people.” Very PC.

It must have been weird to tell a guy who thought you were a biker that the shirt actually pertained to a poetry group. But kind of awesome, too.
How did you guys fail to get into V? Raul and Katrina managed to get me a ticket for Brokeback Mountain. Failing that, you could always have bought a ticket for She’s the Man and then gone to see V anyway. That’s what we had to do to see Closer. Man. I commit a lot of movie fraud with Raul.

I’d like to point out that a Raul with herpes is not a good idea. Also, I’d like not even to pretend to be a leper. There’s that whole “be careful what you wish for” deal.

“Con el amor de una docena de corazones” was awesome. And I even knew what it meant.

I recommend your discontinuance of the alias “E-dawg”, Easter.



My street is pretty awful for garage sales, being a dead end.

3/26/2006 03:06:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

The room is kinda like...unbuilt...because we haven't had the money to fix the walls. But it's there and it's empty. Intersection is 2nd and Urbana. Shabam..

3/26/2006 05:18:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

we did not fail to get in! Katie and Bonnie didn't want to go so wade nad i didn't get to go! And i really really wanted to see it! Katie, you are a failure! and so is wade for not sticking up with me to see the movie, we say "she's the man" instead!

3/26/2006 06:52:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Dear Joe:
:P
Sincerely:
Katie

3/26/2006 07:11:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Damn. Rogues have started posting again.
Was it the change of venue or the new blood that did it? I do not know.
But I like it.

3/26/2006 08:26:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

New blood, new bloooood! And a mission. It seems it takes Rogue a mission to really get committed to communication. Welcome back, Jessie! I'll be eager to hear--over the course of our 4-day week--all about your college tour. You could amuse our lunch bunch with one college per day!

3/26/2006 09:11:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I like blood, too. It keeps my extremities well oxygenated.

Would it be too cultish to ask everyone's blood type along with their zodiac sign?

What is "too" cultish, anyway?

3/27/2006 05:18:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Me too...Oh no...What if I get in an accident and I don't know my blood type and I DIE?
>_>

3/27/2006 06:31:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

I'm B positive. It's why I'm so chipper.

3/27/2006 08:07:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Oh. I'm a snake, as far as the Chinese are concerned. Which is cool, because I like snakes a lot.

We learned what the significance of positive or negative blood types was in seventh grade, during the amazingly long amount of time we spent talking about AIDS. But I don't remember. Please don't tell Mrs. Grant.

3/27/2006 10:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home