Sunday, March 19, 2006

Spring Break Blues

Oh, man! I wish it could be sunny and rainy at once; I mean, it does do that sometimes in OK, you know. All of this straight dreariness is bumming me out. I should be cleaning, rearranging, catching up on chores--but all I'm inclined to do revolves around the sofa. And I'm not reupholstering it, lest you misinterpret my slovenliness. Oh, well. I'll make an artificial sunshine in my house by putting on all lamps and lights and see if that motivates me not to waste the day.

If you all put something together for tomorrow, that's A-OK with me, of course, BUT: If you get together as Rogue (meaning 3 or more of you meet), you need to remember the image you're projecting...and keep it reasonable. I'm saying this basically for the sake of the newbies who haven't acclimated to our policies. I prefer that you not watch rated R movies (especially those of you who are not 17); I prefer that you not publicly use profanity or do idiotic things that may reflect badly on our group as a whole. Being a Rogue takes moderation and consideration; please don't abuse your privileges.

Thinking toward the end of the week...if we want to consider a Friday SoB, we should think now. What might be a good time? Would you want to meet around a meal hour at some place different? If the weather is nice, we could go to Woodward again.

Last, let me say I'm glad to see Wade & Katie have found blogspot. Hopefully Tina will follow through soon. And as for the rest of you, well, good on you, too.

Happy Spring Break! Hope you like soggy.

Easter

9 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

"V for Vendette" is at 2:00 at AMC. So we will meet at Barnes & Nobel at 1:00 so that we can look at books and see who all is going to attend and give us ample time to call people who don't know yet if they can go. Leave you number please so I can call you and make sure all is okay, thank you all.

3/19/2006 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Easter, you are invited fyi

3/19/2006 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Cayse! give me your number!

3/19/2006 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

"They're more like guidelines anyway..."
Sorry. I watched that movie the other day.
I had something else relevent to say too...
Oh yeah, I think Friday is a good idea because I'll probably be bored. I think it's supposed to get up to 60 but weather people are sometimes compulsive liars.

3/19/2006 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

so i talked to katie, she is going, Raul is going and wade and I are going, any one else? and i think we need to gang up against easter about the "polocies", and we need to make sure that Rogue stays purly instincive with a few guidlines but never that horrible word that can dictate what we can and cannot do: "polocies", the sound of that reminds me of school and properness without rebelion, it turns my empty stomach.

3/19/2006 03:19:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I love you Tina!

3/19/2006 04:09:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

First: Joe, for the love of God, please type with a d-i-c-t-i-o-n-a-r-y at the ready. Barnes & NobLE. PolIcies. Ay, Dios mio.

Second: Policies. Codes. Guidelines. Listen, dearies, what I'm saying is that new members COUGHjoeCOUGH shouldn't attempt to run the show without knowing our history. If this V movie is rated R, I'd rather you not see it. You should know by now I'm a movie prude for young people. If you do end up watching it, well, then you end up watching it--but it won't be an official Rogue event unless I endorse it.

Third: Tina does not have AIDS.

I attempted to drive out of the rain today. I got to Muskogee before I found dry land. And there I bought a pair of old dog statues that someone made collars for out of broken rhinestone necklaces. They rock. You can't have them.

Heart 12

3/19/2006 05:30:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I can spell, i simple am not very good at typing!

3/19/2006 08:33:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

so i will see wade Raul and Katie and myself at Barnes & Noble on monday at 1:00, hope to see anyone elsa you would like to come there! bye

3/19/2006 08:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home