New Goals for a New Year
I want to challenge you all to continue writing regularly during the new year; in fact, I think we might need to amend our "code" to include a number of meetings during a semester that a person can come without material. But my real goal for you all hinges on something KC told KT at our last SoB. She told her she should submit her stuff to contests.
Since the inception of Rogue I have held that as a goal (encouraging submitting to contests) but have never acted on it--I mean, WE all think each other's stuff is great, but I think there are objective critics out there who will, too. And the only way to know is to get competitive. Whatcha think?
If we make some money on Rogue buttons and @ RogueNight, we can buy some publications that list contests. I know there's a book called Writers' Market that has been published yearly for many years. It has both contest information AND leads on how to get anything from essays to novels in front of the eyes of editors at publishing houses. There are magazines, too. I would say we could research it all online for free...but who has the time or follow-through to do this thoroughly?
Think on it, kiddos.
As we prepare for the new year, consider where you were this time last year for perspective--then imagine where you want to be this time next year. When we engage the flow of cosmic energy we can manifest our desires. Yeah, that's about as preachy as I'll get w/ you'ns.
Much love,
Easter
Since the inception of Rogue I have held that as a goal (encouraging submitting to contests) but have never acted on it--I mean, WE all think each other's stuff is great, but I think there are objective critics out there who will, too. And the only way to know is to get competitive. Whatcha think?
If we make some money on Rogue buttons and @ RogueNight, we can buy some publications that list contests. I know there's a book called Writers' Market that has been published yearly for many years. It has both contest information AND leads on how to get anything from essays to novels in front of the eyes of editors at publishing houses. There are magazines, too. I would say we could research it all online for free...but who has the time or follow-through to do this thoroughly?
Think on it, kiddos.
As we prepare for the new year, consider where you were this time last year for perspective--then imagine where you want to be this time next year. When we engage the flow of cosmic energy we can manifest our desires. Yeah, that's about as preachy as I'll get w/ you'ns.
Much love,
Easter

17 Comments:
Contests would be cool, assuming I win back any of my time before the end of the schoolyear. Would we all submit to the same contest, or would it be an individual thing?
Bonne annee...
I love compitition. So, I'm in for it. I can't wait! It's New Year's Eve!
Officially the lamest and most depressing holiday season to date.
I'm all for it. I think it would definitely be a good idea to check out some of these magazines, like Casey said.
People are wreaking havoc and chaos in the street, in a very loud fashion. I guess that means it's the new year?
2007. Damn.
new year, new campaign. an idea for a new rogue campaign came to me yesterday. and i want to get on it FAST. it's to do with new year resolutions...and it will make a big statement about us to the school. i will discuss it with you this week--am very excited! it's so NOT lame! i only wish i had all of my work done for school and i would spend the next 2 days working only on this new idea. no shit.
I wish I had all my work done for school, too. It seemed like I'd been making a responsible effort to parcel it out over the break -- but I woke up this afternoon and nothing had really gotten done.
New Year! It's 2007! Whoa. Last night was awesome. I actually felt like a teenager for once. I nwasn't extramly immature, and I wasn't overly thoughtful and political. It was amazing. Plus, I met a thousand people the last two days! And to top it off, my dad pasta today with his home made sause. New Year resolution: Eat at least one fruit of vegiatble a day! Happier just started playing! That's ironic.
my new year's resolution SHOULD be not to make fun of joe's spelling...but that wouldn't be any fun. or, in the spirit of my joke i should say taht wuoldnt be iney fune.
Haha. Your wright, Easter.
With "Happier" are you referring to the Guster song or the Phillip Seymour Hoffman movie? (or something else)
Guster song! Definatly. And damnit! my spelling isn't that bad. But I have been trying to not look at my fingers as I type. It isn't working out....at all. As you can plainly see.
byt the way,what are everyone's new year resolutions?
Not making fun of Joe's spelling would disrupt the natural flow of the universe.
You know what. Here's another New Year Resolution, I will find one fault with everyone of you and make fun of you all that I can about it! Muahahahaha! You just wait!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home