Thursday, November 30, 2006

On the Cancellation of RogueNight...

I've just called Easter. RogueNight is officially cancelled (of course) along with (almost definitely) SoB/BSL for tomorrow. I hope our alumni read this, if they were planning on attending tomorrow...In any case, the roads are bad and frozen precipitation continues to fall. We might even have another snow day tomorrow.

The chaos of trying to reschedule has begun. We'll plan on SoBbing(/BSLing?) next week to discuss a new date for RogueNight later on in the winter. We're probably getting into January and February now, since we have xmas break to contend with.

Get the word out, if you talk to any of our poets or anyone you know was planning to come. Make sure they know that we're not cancelling altogether and that they should plan on attending when next we announce it...I'm cancelling Facebook and Myspace events right now.

Our next hurdle, which we should probably discuss, is that we have run out of reserved dates to meet at the library. We can either renew for another series of 12 meetings, or take recommendations for a new place to meet. SoB is probably still out of the question, in case you were wondering.

Discuss!
<312 Jessie

20 Comments:

Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Blah sleet and postponing of RogueNights...
On meeting places, if we don't keep with the library, we should find a place with sectioned off areas (like SoB) because reading just out in the open feels weird. O_o

11/30/2006 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/30/2006 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Yeah, the walls in the library were definitely too far apart.

11/30/2006 12:49:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Cherry street sounds good. Um.....January? I guess so and yeah. okay.

11/30/2006 04:40:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Yeah, Cherry street is a little far from Edison. And everything near to Edison is far from Casey, so let's not aggravate that situation.

We stopped going to SoB because it was always full, they stopped taking our reservations, and sometimes when they did take our reservation they wouldn't help us clear the room out during our reserved time. There was no way to get a room. I can see that not being an issue except on Friday afternoons...too bad that's when we meet.

If it were warmer, we could meet outside. Ha.
Saffron is a little far, too, but closer to Easter, Suzanna, and Kaytee than the other places.

I'm sure my mom would let us meet at least a few times at my house. It's pretty much really close to Edison. And coffee can be made easily, though not fancifully.

11/30/2006 06:06:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

i honestly don't care where we meet just as long as we do. if we have to we can meet under a bridge since we seem homeless, make a fire in a garbage can for warmth and still have our qucktrip coffee! ( =
oh and no school tomorrow either...

11/30/2006 08:46:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Yay, snow! I got all my college application shit done yesterday.

Today the real snow day begins.

12/01/2006 07:21:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Mother should I run for President?
Mother should I trust the government?
Mother will they put me in the firing line?
Mother am I really dying?

12/01/2006 12:54:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Oh Pink Floyd, how i love Pink Floyd.Nice Jessie.

12/01/2006 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Yeah...

I sure haven't left the house since I got home from school on Wednesday. Or seen anyone but my parents.

I wonder when Easter will have a computer again?

12/02/2006 01:44:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Okay, well I like anywhere to an extent...Margret.....the bridge...hm...but Saffron? I think that could work. I just think my judgement of it is clouded by southern Louisiana accents. Oh well I'll get over it. Um,...so....yeah...I am guesing we will have school mOnday but I hear that another cold front is moving in later this week.

12/02/2006 10:19:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made.
And the sign flashed out its warning,
In the words that it was forming.
And the sign said, "The words of the prophets
are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls."
And whisper'd in the sounds of silence.

12/03/2006 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

I think Saffron closed.
God I hate cold.

12/03/2006 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

...I'm finally getting around to doing my homework. It's lame.

And Jonathan is laughing at me for not liking Dostoevsky.

12/03/2006 03:56:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I hope it's changed. We'll have to get Easter to comment -- and his computer is broken, so he can't check the site at home.

Jess is okay,Casey. A lot of people call me Jess. And I definitely kept laughing every time I saw Mr. Parsons today.

12/04/2006 05:16:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

It's morning in Philly.
The sun makes me dizzy.
(The sun makes me sick.)
You monkey, you left me.

12/04/2006 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

ah! MY computer is screwed up, too, Casey. It just won't play music, on any player, all of a sudden.

I think it's the Great Rogue Computer Plague of Ought Six happening. Easter, Casey and I are down. Who's next?

12/05/2006 09:07:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Jennie! Friday is a YES for RogueAlums to attend...
We still don't know where we're meeting, so we'll have to let you know that.

Also, current Rogues should be advised that Easter, Wade, and I won't be at school on Friday, but that Rogue will proceed as normal. This might mean you need to find your own ride to the undisclosed meetingplace...maybe.

12/06/2006 05:20:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

The computer plague. Sounds like everyone is getting viruses from downloading "Religious Fruits" eh? lol

12/06/2006 09:40:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Yeah, no. You're the only one who would have downloaded and watched that movie.

And Casey -- way to make the prophetic language come alive in a digital age! What do you mean, you might look a little weird?

And I definitely have to get in early and hover, lest Easter forget about my rec, too.

12/06/2006 10:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home