Screeeeeech! Change of plans...
Greetings, all.
OK. The a.m. round-tabling hasn't been going too well. Or, it has been going fine--it's just we're not accomplishing nearly enough. Soooooo, I'm canning that idea. No more a.m. round-tabling. There WILL be work that will HAVE to be accomplished in the a.m. soon, but that will be less creative and therefore probably more efficiently done through sleepy eyes.
To expedite our handing out letters to accepted poets I propose a Friday round-tabling meeting--of the "until it's friggin' done" variety. At the library. I'm thinking maybe something like...2:30p - ? I can see if the library is "down" with that or not. I think the quiet environment of the library will help our discussion and facilitate our working through whatever we've got (which is a mega file).
Everything RogueNight/Rogue publication-related is a new experience for all new rogues (5 of you!). It is important, therefore, that everyone be present and willing to work. We can ensure everyone has a ride to/from. I want this to be a bonding activity. We need that. I sense too much bickering or ennui or something from some of the staff. Bonding will alleviate that.
All of that said, the meeting will be mandatory. I expect everyone to be there for SOME of the meeting. If you can't be there for all of it (because of work), that's understandable and acceptable (basically, I'm talking to Casey & Margaret here). Successful round-tabling hinges on quorem. Please, please be there.
Round-tabling is an ancient tradition, as Rogue goes, it dates back to the very first publication of our magazine. It's stressful, yes, because of the volume of material we have to sort, but it's really awesome: Having handfulls of student work is a powerful feeling. To know THAT MANY PEOPLE have something to say and WE'RE THE VOICE--magic.
Tune in. Suit up. It's time.
Easter
OK. The a.m. round-tabling hasn't been going too well. Or, it has been going fine--it's just we're not accomplishing nearly enough. Soooooo, I'm canning that idea. No more a.m. round-tabling. There WILL be work that will HAVE to be accomplished in the a.m. soon, but that will be less creative and therefore probably more efficiently done through sleepy eyes.
To expedite our handing out letters to accepted poets I propose a Friday round-tabling meeting--of the "until it's friggin' done" variety. At the library. I'm thinking maybe something like...2:30p - ? I can see if the library is "down" with that or not. I think the quiet environment of the library will help our discussion and facilitate our working through whatever we've got (which is a mega file).
Everything RogueNight/Rogue publication-related is a new experience for all new rogues (5 of you!). It is important, therefore, that everyone be present and willing to work. We can ensure everyone has a ride to/from. I want this to be a bonding activity. We need that. I sense too much bickering or ennui or something from some of the staff. Bonding will alleviate that.
All of that said, the meeting will be mandatory. I expect everyone to be there for SOME of the meeting. If you can't be there for all of it (because of work), that's understandable and acceptable (basically, I'm talking to Casey & Margaret here). Successful round-tabling hinges on quorem. Please, please be there.
Round-tabling is an ancient tradition, as Rogue goes, it dates back to the very first publication of our magazine. It's stressful, yes, because of the volume of material we have to sort, but it's really awesome: Having handfulls of student work is a powerful feeling. To know THAT MANY PEOPLE have something to say and WE'RE THE VOICE--magic.
Tune in. Suit up. It's time.
Easter

10 Comments:
Well. I'll be late, then, on Friday.
I meet Yann at 1. That puts me back in the game at 3:30ish.
Let's form covalent bonds with each other. :O
I'm up for it at 2:30. I am so ready....but we will have a regular meting first right? I actually have stuff!
aaaah work is awful and sad
so, no normal meeting first?
We're still poetry poor.
Actually, I have either one or zero things.
I like Kaytee's idea about covalent bonding. I really do.
Okay. I have three things, but really zero things.
The good news (maybe?) is that the airplane's starter has been malfunctioning and the mechanic has the plane all taken apart so I won't be late to the meeting today.
Um...I still don't get why your sister doesn't have a key?
Deena just called me. She can get off of work at 2 but she has to be back at work at 4. So I told her I'd give her a ride there. No one happens to be leaving at 4, do they?
****ing water cycle. Right, Wade?
Also...this never would have happened if the rubber wouldn't have torn.
Wade...MAJOR points. That's my favorite song by Kill Hannah. I once put it on about ten different mix CDs for ten different people.
And, of course, Deena was the most memorable response -- she liked the line "and kiss the girls of center folds on the tongue" and thought the band were all girls.
Post a Comment
<< Home