Planning Time
I woke up and lay in bed awhile thinking on the past and how I used to do things, creative things--paint and decorate things...and I can't imagine how I ever had the time in my busy schedule to accomplish such extras. The longer I ruminated, though, the more I realized how much busier I am now, what with Academic Bowl, Rogue, and pre-AP classes. My time is thin. This true, I decided I'd better post on the urgency I'm feeling to have you, the staff, take a larger role in planning our upcoming activities, like opening the RogueBox & scheduling RogueNight. At my core, I'm rather a control freak--but I need to relinquish control of these things to (1) ensure they get done in a timely manner (because I'm doubting my ability to--without ramping up my BP--get them done timely) and (2) allow you all to feel the full pressure and rewards of getting the tasks up, running, and accomplished. I have long told friends and family how proud I am of the staff and how I think you all learn a lot from the production of our magazines and poetry nights. I want to see if that's true, if you actually are learning a lot, by letting this fall's activities be largely organized by you--signage, announcements, decisions on dates, publication lay-out, etc. I issue this as a challenge. I want you to organize yourselves and see what you can do. I'm as available as ever--I'm not retracting my dediction: No way!--but I want my role to be more that of a consultant.
I'm researching the button machines this weekend and will manage that project myself so you guys can focus on the bigger picture: RogueEvents. I'll let you know as I need help on button stuff (design selection and button production/sales).
Taking a deep breath,
Easter
I'm researching the button machines this weekend and will manage that project myself so you guys can focus on the bigger picture: RogueEvents. I'll let you know as I need help on button stuff (design selection and button production/sales).
Taking a deep breath,
Easter

23 Comments:
Sweet.
We need, what, a week to advertise and talk to English classes, two for the box to be open, and a couple more to organize decorations, advertise Rogue Night, and publish the magazine?
Kinda sounds like we're into December, then. What's the school break schedule look like?
http://www.tulsaschools.org/calendars/tradglance0607.pdf
yeah, that URL doesn't actually work, but I'm confident I can find the schedule online.
But not tonight.
if you left click it a couple of times to highlight it all, then right click to copy, it'll work. what you can't see is that ".pdf" is hiding behind the comment column.
I would say November 16th, but something tells me Easter might not want to have Rogue Night on his birthday. So the 9th, if we're feeling ambitious. Otherwise we get into Halloween. That would give us sufficient time. If everyone got ON advertising.
I meant Thanksgiving in that last comment.
11/9, like the opposite of 9/11--i like it. it IS ambitious but with diligence, do-able.
I like the sound of the ninth too...
About RogueNight: Since we've been thinking a more...less-thrown-together (?) RogueNight, maybe we should decide for sure the things we want to/need to get together for it? So we can be on the look-out for them. I know Easter was talking about setting up a door-way-fall-apart-arch-something-or-other...and there was some ideas with the fabric...So maybe we should drum up a list of things we need and things we have...
O.o;
I am so not the decorating kind.
But I cannot wait for Rogue season.
Monday, Monday.
a woderful day infact, that ends in 4 minutwes for us all. What a shame. Advirtising.....well it shall be done, decorating, also a nessesity and it will be done and buttons a ligering subject stays fresh in all our minds and The Rogur Box itself should open IU think mid-October.
Um...yeah. I don't know what's going on with this. Casey and I were discussing November 9th, and it seemed a little fast for us. But then the 16th is Easter's birthday (unless I'm wrong?) and the 23rd gets into Thanksgiving. And then we're into snow season w/ December, which is what happened last year.
Thoughts?
2 days before Thanksgiving break? The 21st? Or, maybe not a Thursday?
Like a Tuesday.
No. It's ALWAYS Thursday. And tradition needs to be kept.
So...a week later, we don't have a date. And this is why I think we need December.
December it s, which gives us plenty of time
We need a new post.
And I am VERY interested if, since the class of 2006 is gone with Liz and Adam and co., we will have significantly less trouble keeping our signs on the walls...
...any day now, Easter.
Well, Liz and Adam had some anti-Rogue behavior I didn't like. But I was at one time friends with both of them.
aaah what is there to say after 25 comments?! well i guess not much but i had to comment, we have already talked about all the things in this post and it seems we're all content with the decisions...so lets have a new happy post!
I know of few people who have any problem what so ever with Rogue. So, I don't think that signs being torn down is going to be such a big problem. On the next post, post the dayes we are doing stuff throuhg the end of November.
Oh, new people. Just wait. I hope I'm wrong and that there won't be any problems, but experience says I'm right.
So, in other news, Easter's a complete slacker.
New post!
Post a Comment
<< Home