Sunday, September 03, 2006

Buttons & Stuff

Yes, our first meeting at the Brookside Library, while small, went well. The space is transformable--with tables, 2 comfy chairs, and 40 kajillion other chairs--so I think it will serve our purpose well. And the convenience and economy of QT just across the street cannot be denied. I'll miss SoB like the rest of you, but I like the security of having a place just to ourselves--and I think the staff of the library are very happy to have a community group using its otherwise seldom used facility.

...now, on to a couple of things that warrant your comments:

(1) Rogue alumni meetings--I'd like a policy on this like "The 1st (or 2nd or 3rd) Friday of each month all alumni are invited." Ideas?

(2) Button fundraising--September will probably be our least busy month of the first semester. How "on board" are you all for getting the button making going? We need full agreement to spend the last of our money on a badge-a-minit system & we'll probably go in the whole when we buy supplies... Ideas?

Please have an opinion and post it so on Friday I can just sum up our plan(s).

Man, I love these 3-day weekends!

Heart 12,

Easter

8 Comments:

Blogger RoguePoets said...

IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE ON BOARD FOR THE BUTTON PROJECT, PLEASE START CATALOGUING YOUR IDEAS FOR BUTTON SAYINGS.

9/04/2006 07:13:00 AM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

I'm in for button making.
& a sting-ray killed the Crocodile Hunter! It's a sad day for the world indeed...

9/04/2006 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I'm incredibly depressed about Steve.
But it was rather poetic that he died of a stingray barb through the heart.

I'm okay with the button idea. Last year we went so far as to design some buttons, saying things like "Poetry's sexy", right? Are we now making more Jones-esque fortune-buttons?

I vote first Friday of the month, if that's how it's going to go, because it's easy to remember that way.

9/04/2006 02:49:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Okay, I feel bad for steve and his family, but does anyone else think that it would have been almost ironicly laughable if I crocodile had killed him. But I still feel bad about it.

Buttons: 1.)Poetry Sexy or poetry = sexy 2.)Rogue it's a verb 3.) R U Rogue? 4.) ROGUE 5.) Real men write poetry 6.) Rogue Remembers [i thought of this becasue elephante have good momories, and Rogue is an elephant] 7.)Rogue Night Reader 8.) Got Rogue? 9.) Rogue Lives 10.) Guys who write poetry are HOTT! 11.) We're listning -ROGUE 12.) poetry = romance -Rogue

What does everyone think? write down your favorite numbers.

9/04/2006 06:38:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I'm all in for the button making. They're small and easy to make plus people like to put them on their bags. We should make them very colorful, the more they catch the eye the easier to sell them. My idea of what they should say is... "poems are lovely and so am I" I think people would totally buy those because we're all vein deep inside. haha
PS I wanted to thank all of you for being so unbelievingly supportive to me. You have all been nothing but sweet and I'm extremely glad to get to be a part of this. Thank you! ( :

9/05/2006 04:39:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Ah! There's a Margaret post. What a momentous occasion!

And...I like 1, 3, 4, and 8 for Wade and 2 and 5 from Joe.
Even though 5 might come across as a little too chauvinistic for us.

9/05/2006 05:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Laptop computers? Pretty much amazing. The kitchen is a great place for a computer.

So. Yeah. How long will it take to get the Badge-a-minit thing, once we order it? And how much will it cost? And on a scale of one to Awesome, how cool will it be?

9/05/2006 07:10:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

It will break the scale because it will be so awesome, there is no possible scale for it's awesomeness.
I like Joe's #2 too & the Robert Frost one.
& we have to have buttons with the emo cow on it. :O

9/05/2006 07:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home