Thursday, August 10, 2006

Fri/Sat

Morning all,

SoB Friday? It's up to you. I can tell you I cannot make it because I'll be setting up my booth at the Tulsa Flea Market. Raul & KC may have interviews/new jobs, so I'm not sure if they're available or when...Joe's out of town. But--?

Pow wow Saturday? I'd like to do this if at all possible. I mean, I'm available and will be there--and would like whoever can come to do so. It's not to be missed. I'd hate to think of some of you going into your adult lives with no sense of the history of our state's original inhabitants. OK. That sounded a little too formal. What I really want you to experience is the spirit of the thing. It's powerful--like poetry only in drums and dancing.

It's going to reach 106 today. Find a cool or breezy spot and don't overexert.

Heart 12,

Easter

7 Comments:

Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Can I point out the irony of you wanting us to experience the history of Oklahoma when we spent a day tossing OK History textbooks around your new room?

Oh. Yeah...I fully intend to attend the pow wow. But you should know before hand that Hunter's due to be in town, and I am notoriously flaky when this occurs. (And, I hope, at no other time.)

Leaving for FL on Sunday morning. So this would be my last Roguevent before the summer ends...

8/10/2006 05:42:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

I'm a not sure on Saturday...my mom either sprained or tore some tissue in her knee so now SHE'S the crippled one. I may or may not need to stick around the house...I will hopefully know by tomorrow?
and
IT'S SO OPPRESIVELY HOT. :[

8/10/2006 08:35:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Yeah. Ew. I just got home, and my car's thermometer says 100 degrees even. At 8:30!

8/10/2006 08:45:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

lol @ wade--i just said something very similar to your rant while talking with my mom. i'm disgusted, too.

carpool sounds like a good idea, KC. by this afternoon, let's all post our %age certainty for being able to go. then we can arrange rides, etc.

of course, i'm 100%, and i just put new tires on my car yesterday and a half tank of gas in--so i'm a good candidate for driving.

8/11/2006 09:05:00 AM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

oh, and jessie: bring hunter to the pow wow!

8/11/2006 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Okay. I'll ask him if he wants to come with me.

So Joe is out of town. Is everyone else lurking about Tulsa?
Well, I imagine that Jennie is busy with college things?

8/11/2006 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

I'm 99.9% yes for Sat. So let's just say 100% and call it amazing.
AHHHHHH Roguedreams need a Roguedreambook they can call home...

8/11/2006 06:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home