Sunday, August 27, 2006

Few new things...

Morning all,

I've got a few things to discuss as we start another week. First of all, at Friday's meeting--because we had quorum of active members--we decided to invite Margaret on staff. If you'd like to read her essay, just stop by my room and ask for it. It's compelling, especially with her closure, "Take me, Rogue!"

Next, I'm worried about our Friday venue. SoB is consistently busy around 4:10ish. Last Friday there was a line of about 4 people and both rooms were taken. If I had ANY confidence in the room-reservation process at SoB, there'd be no concerns--but we all know how well that has worked in the past. Friday, we rerouted to Saffron, about which Joe's "just mad" (kept singing that dang song the whole time we were there), but it was weird in an uncomfortable way. Creepy, sort of. And it's not particularly convenient to most of you. So...what do you propose? The Brookside Library may have a room we could use, but that means (probably) no food/drink. Most restaurants that have small private rooms require food purchase to justify letting the space--so that's probably out. Think, folks, think. Then post.

Finally, I'm reinstating the 3 poems "rule". We may let you slide with 2 good, complete works, but aim for 3. Last week was OK because of it's being the first week of school and all--but this week we need to strive to have ample poetry--especially if we're going to invite Margaret.

Enjoy your day,

Easter

6 Comments:

Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

B&N is always so full of a) people and b) Edison people. Gross.

I heard Saffron wasn't a particularly good experience. But Raul seemingly vetoed Gypsy, and it is FOREVER away. I do think we ought to go to the Center of the Universe for a reading sometime.

Let's see...Starbucks is EVIL. And SoB, Gypsy, and Saffron are out.
We could make coffee at school and hang around in Easter's to read. Which, granted, is Roguing it kind of old-school. But it is way less expensive that way.

8/27/2006 02:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

In case you can't tell, the following message should be read in my guilty voice:

As much as I hated missing last week's meeting, I think I'm going to miss this week's one, too. Last time was for an assignment for the paper, and this time I'll be on a plane to Houston.

Sigh.

8/27/2006 09:58:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

;_; SoB has BETRAYED us.
I can't really think of anywhere else...we could do Woodward if it decides to not be so damn hot out...
If you want, Jessie, we could lock you in a broom closet on Friday. You could miss your flight and then insist we kidnapped you and there was nothing you could do about it...
Just, you know, a thought.

8/27/2006 11:01:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

...I can't believe that I entirely failed to comment on "Take me, Rogue!" Because I thought we had, you know, precepts against that kind of thing.

...Ahem.

And, Kaytee, as much as I appreciate the thought, I'm looking forward to all parts of my trip except the part about it starting on a Friday. Missing it would, um, suck.

I still don't know who this Margaret is, and it seems that I'll miss her first meeting. Sigh.

8/28/2006 10:41:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Oh. You're in drama. Right.
I pwned the pantomime assignment.

So apparently everyone knows Rogue goes to SoB, because Stuart McDaniel asked me to tell the owner, next time I go in, that he needs more stuff for the website. Which was weird, 'cause I hadn't talked to Stuart since we were like 12, and his friend Eric was being creepy.
...I therefore think Rogue should meet somewhere completely random. Like, under a bridge somewhere. You know, no pattern.

8/29/2006 11:28:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

katrina--rogue alumni are welcome at roguenight (of course) and special meetings/readings when invited. or at least i'm pretty sure that's what we originally agreed to. of course we can be flexible since now is the first time we have multiple rogue alumni in the area. we might create a rule where the 3rd meeting of each month is open to alumni or something such as that...? ideas from others?

8/30/2006 06:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home