Rogue: This Week & Next
OK. I'm on board for the mass of Roguevents that commence, well, tomorrow. I was out of town again yesterday; man, that takes me off my game.
Goal for Monday: Bring signage. As we discussed Friday, whatever you bring WILL, likely, get destroyed--so don't take it personally. Each sign you bring needs to include the basics (covered below) and should not be overly creepy. Our loose 'carnivale' theme is directed more toward spectacle & the bizarre than it is toward scary. Yeah, definitely don't try to make the signs scary by writing (coughJOEcough) 'come if you dare.'
Signage Basics:
-RogueBox opens 10/13
-Submit original poetry of roughly 23 lines or shorter
-RogueBox is in Easter's room, 229
-RogueBox closes 10/27
In the past, we have connected with our audience of student writers by making signs that say things like, "Don't you have something to say?" and "...we're listening." Because of the quiet/shy nature of many student writers, we have to devise ways of drawing them out. This is a good activity in, well, advertising...so think about your audience when you're making your signs. Imagine what would captivate YOU. Everyone's signs will be different, and they'll hopefully serve as a kind of dragnet for all varieties of writers in our school.
Please do your best to have 20ish signs tomorrow a.m. I'll have tape & my own signs. Oh, and perma-passes; I'll have those, too. You'll need 'em...
Slightly off (this) topic--I need your speedy opinion on this: Do you want our buttons to be 2.25" circles or 1.25" circles? We cannot afford (yet) to buy both...so which would you prefer to start? The bigger ones are the large standard, but the smaller ones are the type I tend to see more on people's bags, etc. The larger ones will be easier to design for... I'm 50-50. I need your opinions so I can place the order.
There may be things I need to add to this post, so watch for edits or other people's comments.
Fire up.
Easter
Goal for Monday: Bring signage. As we discussed Friday, whatever you bring WILL, likely, get destroyed--so don't take it personally. Each sign you bring needs to include the basics (covered below) and should not be overly creepy. Our loose 'carnivale' theme is directed more toward spectacle & the bizarre than it is toward scary. Yeah, definitely don't try to make the signs scary by writing (coughJOEcough) 'come if you dare.'
Signage Basics:
-RogueBox opens 10/13
-Submit original poetry of roughly 23 lines or shorter
-RogueBox is in Easter's room, 229
-RogueBox closes 10/27
In the past, we have connected with our audience of student writers by making signs that say things like, "Don't you have something to say?" and "...we're listening." Because of the quiet/shy nature of many student writers, we have to devise ways of drawing them out. This is a good activity in, well, advertising...so think about your audience when you're making your signs. Imagine what would captivate YOU. Everyone's signs will be different, and they'll hopefully serve as a kind of dragnet for all varieties of writers in our school.
Please do your best to have 20ish signs tomorrow a.m. I'll have tape & my own signs. Oh, and perma-passes; I'll have those, too. You'll need 'em...
Slightly off (this) topic--I need your speedy opinion on this: Do you want our buttons to be 2.25" circles or 1.25" circles? We cannot afford (yet) to buy both...so which would you prefer to start? The bigger ones are the large standard, but the smaller ones are the type I tend to see more on people's bags, etc. The larger ones will be easier to design for... I'm 50-50. I need your opinions so I can place the order.
There may be things I need to add to this post, so watch for edits or other people's comments.
Fire up.
Easter

10 Comments:
I should have mentioned that I had a dream about a guy whose cat was trained to mow his yard. The cat was named Vickie Lawrence. I thought it was rather inhumane, what with the mower being so heavy and all, but the cat didn't seem to mind. In my dream I revisited the house later to confirm that what I'd seen was real; there was the cat again--mowing again. Vickie Lawrence. Wow, that's weird.
... that is weird.
I'm making signs right now...and it's a good thing you posted, because I needed to make sure I had the right room number.
My ride doesn't leave until like 8ish so I'm not able to get there early in the mornings...Do you want me to just bring you my 20 sometime tomorrow, Easter, and you all can do what you will with them?
Smaller ones.
aaah posters are hard to make and I'm awfully slow when I do but no matter what i WILL bring some and cats mowing yards? I wander what you must have been thinking before you fell asleep? smaller buttons are always cuter so we should go for them at first
I have...49.
And homeworkx5billion.
And I had to have a really awkward conversation with Congressman John Sullivan in my front yard while I was painting Rogue signs.
That's how much I love Rogue.
3 + me = enough, right? I'm ordering the kit for the smaller buttons for us.
3 plus Easter's weighty vote? I think that constitutes a quorum.
Or the other way to skew the data is that 100 percent of Rogues, when asked, preferred the smaller size of button.
I like smaller ones, as I said when the idea was first brought up. It's 11:12 and i just finished making 5 signs. I will make more as the dates go on, but I wish i would have known how many we need before 11:00 o'clock. Oh well, I put effort in and that's what counts.
I don't think Joe understood the assignment. It was 20 for the opening of the box, and whatever need dictates after that.
Post a Comment
<< Home