So many things to say...
My first thought when I behan planning this post in my head was that it was destined to be a rant. Seriously. I'm uber-disappointed in our preparedness for RogueNight--but you know what? I don't honestly have time or energy to spend in an emotional rant, so I'll spare you for now...for now.
Topics:
1. Table decor: You need to get fabric of some kind (sheet(s), blanket(s), tableclothes, whatever) to cover a 5-foot diameter table in the snackbar. There are 11ish tables we plan to use--and fewer than 11 of you, so if some of you will team up and do one table on your own and SHARE a table with someone else that'd be great. In addition to the fabric, you need to outfit your table in some kind of fun theme. In the past we have had generally crazy tables with little-or-no theme, and a couple of those is OK, but the rest need to "look" a certain way. Be creative; use what you have...but don't expect your stuff back in mint condition. Coffee cups spill; people pick at things. Get used to it.
2. T-shirts: Some of us are meeting tonight to go to the thrift store and buy t-shirts that we can paint. We will paint on Wednesday. You must all have a rogue shirt to wear on Thursday night. The shirts we're getting at the thrift store will be sold for profit on RogueNight.
3. Signs: You all need to continue to make RogueNight signs. They need to mention the date 11/30, time 7:00p, location snack bar, and free admission/coffee. Some signs met with their doom today in the hallways. We have to have a steady supply of back-ups. Bring at least 10 each.
4. Mornings/Afternoons: I need you here before and after school every day this week through Thursday. I will help you work out transportation if needed. Come as early as you can; stay as late as you can. There's SO much still to do...
5. Further advertisement: Use you SAFE online forums SAFELY and consider posting about RogueNight. Jessie & Wade were talking about this. Just be careful. I wholesale don't like those sites and don't want you putting youself at risk or encouraging a bunh of weirdos to come to our venue.
I told Jessie today that I'm teetering on the fulcrum of Passive & Aggressive, relative to how I want to handle you guys...I'm leaning toward aggressive at this moment. If you don't commit, don't show, don't do the work that needs done, well, then, I don't need you. I can't carry dead weight--no, make that I won't carry dead weight. If this statement makes you feel guilty, transform that into initiative and embrace our cause.
After RogueNight we will probably get some essays from potential new rogues. I will have replacements if I need them.
Heart 12,
Easter
Topics:
1. Table decor: You need to get fabric of some kind (sheet(s), blanket(s), tableclothes, whatever) to cover a 5-foot diameter table in the snackbar. There are 11ish tables we plan to use--and fewer than 11 of you, so if some of you will team up and do one table on your own and SHARE a table with someone else that'd be great. In addition to the fabric, you need to outfit your table in some kind of fun theme. In the past we have had generally crazy tables with little-or-no theme, and a couple of those is OK, but the rest need to "look" a certain way. Be creative; use what you have...but don't expect your stuff back in mint condition. Coffee cups spill; people pick at things. Get used to it.
2. T-shirts: Some of us are meeting tonight to go to the thrift store and buy t-shirts that we can paint. We will paint on Wednesday. You must all have a rogue shirt to wear on Thursday night. The shirts we're getting at the thrift store will be sold for profit on RogueNight.
3. Signs: You all need to continue to make RogueNight signs. They need to mention the date 11/30, time 7:00p, location snack bar, and free admission/coffee. Some signs met with their doom today in the hallways. We have to have a steady supply of back-ups. Bring at least 10 each.
4. Mornings/Afternoons: I need you here before and after school every day this week through Thursday. I will help you work out transportation if needed. Come as early as you can; stay as late as you can. There's SO much still to do...
5. Further advertisement: Use you SAFE online forums SAFELY and consider posting about RogueNight. Jessie & Wade were talking about this. Just be careful. I wholesale don't like those sites and don't want you putting youself at risk or encouraging a bunh of weirdos to come to our venue.
I told Jessie today that I'm teetering on the fulcrum of Passive & Aggressive, relative to how I want to handle you guys...I'm leaning toward aggressive at this moment. If you don't commit, don't show, don't do the work that needs done, well, then, I don't need you. I can't carry dead weight--no, make that I won't carry dead weight. If this statement makes you feel guilty, transform that into initiative and embrace our cause.
After RogueNight we will probably get some essays from potential new rogues. I will have replacements if I need them.
Heart 12,
Easter

17 Comments:
I can't wait for new blood.
I will bring signs in the morning.
The Rogue thrift shirts are in the washing machine.
wtf, suppposed snow on Thursday. O_o
Tomorrow I have after school driving but otherwise I'm able to stay/come late/early.
...Wade, you loser. You had better not die. And you had especially better not die as a result of anything to do with Erik the Red. I mean, I know he's a vicious killing, town-sacking, virgin-raping machine -- but seriously, man.
...More signs. And ROGUESHIRTS are dry.
Oh, I so hope we can meet Friday after RogueNight to see Jennie. I've been missing her.
Shirts are folded. Copies are to be made in the morning...And I heard from Wade's mom that we're expecting two inches of snow on Thursday night? Could be trouble.
thank you, kt, for posting that for me. i tried to do it from school, but something wasn't working...and continued not to work until i just printed off the content and asked kt to post it for me.
glad nearly everyone read this. *cough* NEARLY *cough*
Sooooo many posters.
Oh, and "we haven't been this plastered in a long time."
Buttons! AH!! Wow they take forever. Oh well, and decor! I have alot of stuff, I am makinbg some table stuff, hope all of it works.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
That first button took the longest.
It should go smoothly in the morning...
...My eye is twitching. That must mean it's time to read Crime and Punishment!
I did read the post a long ago but am just now posting...sadly I will not be at school tomorrow because of the awful cold I'm fighting. My table decor will be done for Thursday though and I will definitely be at school....sorry that I haven't been much help lately, jobs really do take a LOT from a person ) =
I'm very tired. At least my eye stopped twitching?
Easter, do you remember that you have that Brown recommendation from me? It's due January 1st. If you need an other copy, I can print one out.
ROGUE NIGHT? It is going to happen? I suppose it's off if school it cancelled. From here it looks like it will be. I'm staying up late just in case.
Even if the roads aren't BREAK-YOUR-NECK-DANGEROUS, school should close on the principle that no person should be forced to go out into such a SUB-ARCTIC environment...
"sitting around, no work today
try pacing to keep awake
laying around, no school today
just drink until the clock has circled all the way
it's late afternoon
as you walk through the rooms
of a house that is quiet
except for unanswered telephones"
...So...no school.
No RogueNight.
What next?
sleet sleet go away, let only snow come dopwn today
Haha...what an appropriate line of questioning. ...wow, that's a pretty good image. I should try that and see how much Parsons freaks out.
But not the smoking bit.
You know, I don't think Easter's computer is fixed. He said he went to pick it up and asked the repairman to turn it on for him to prove that it worked -- and it didn't. So he left it there.
We were right about Easter's computerless conundrum. Read the new post.
Post a Comment
<< Home