This week's plan...
OK. Here's the plan for this week...
First, I think we gave our poets until this Wednesday to get their poems back to us on the proper slips of paper. We need to start highlighting the names of those who have followed through with that activity--and we need to possibly send out a reminder or make a personal contact with those who've not.
Second, yes it's time you all pick your poems for submission. In the past, this has NOT gone together as one might think...it is often the Rogues themselves who are last-minute getting their things in and requiring, as a result, much prodding. I would ask you to prepare THREE. I know that in the past you've just done 2, but I'm thinking (to bulk our #s in case not as many come back as we'd hoped) of putting yours at the front, MIDDLE, and back. If you hate this idea, well, I don't care. Deal with it. Select your poems, or bring your ones for consideration to this Friday's meeting, and we can help each other.
Third, t-shirts--someone other than me needs to go through our stash to see what we've got as far as supplies. We MAY have paint. I dunno. Everyone definitely needs to procure a shirt they'd like to imprint with our rogue emblem. Let's set the t-shirt deadline for Tuesday, 11/21. There's too much going on this week for that to be a priority.
Fourth, printing will happen this Saturday. I've got a note to myself at school to remind me to email Jessie's dad tomorrow to confirm this. We'll probably try for something like 11:00a - 2:00p. It always takes longer than we plan, so you should block your day off more like 11:00a - 5:00p.
Fifth, um--can anyone say COVER ART?!?!?!? I need ideas submitted on paper by YOU all to the rogue box. Don't give them to me. I'm too busy. Grades are due this week. Put your ideas in the rogue box. We can visit about them on Wed or Thur so we have a decision before the weekend and time to finalize the design.
Sixth, start thinking about RogueNight decor &, as someone mentioned, sending out notes of inquiry to our poets to see if they'll read. Those notes should go out...next Monday, I guess--but it's a way short week because of Thanksgiving...
Seventh, there are umpteen etc. things that probably still need done (like typing or handwriting accepted anonymous submissions onto our slips), so I still need people in the morning. I don't need everyone, and, honestly, when you're ALL there it seems like you do more visiting than working--it's a dynamics thing, I think. If you come early, please just be willing to work...and TRY to figure out on your own what might need to be done. Think ahead and try to troubleshoot for us.
OK. That's enough for now.
Heart 12,
Easter
First, I think we gave our poets until this Wednesday to get their poems back to us on the proper slips of paper. We need to start highlighting the names of those who have followed through with that activity--and we need to possibly send out a reminder or make a personal contact with those who've not.
Second, yes it's time you all pick your poems for submission. In the past, this has NOT gone together as one might think...it is often the Rogues themselves who are last-minute getting their things in and requiring, as a result, much prodding. I would ask you to prepare THREE. I know that in the past you've just done 2, but I'm thinking (to bulk our #s in case not as many come back as we'd hoped) of putting yours at the front, MIDDLE, and back. If you hate this idea, well, I don't care. Deal with it. Select your poems, or bring your ones for consideration to this Friday's meeting, and we can help each other.
Third, t-shirts--someone other than me needs to go through our stash to see what we've got as far as supplies. We MAY have paint. I dunno. Everyone definitely needs to procure a shirt they'd like to imprint with our rogue emblem. Let's set the t-shirt deadline for Tuesday, 11/21. There's too much going on this week for that to be a priority.
Fourth, printing will happen this Saturday. I've got a note to myself at school to remind me to email Jessie's dad tomorrow to confirm this. We'll probably try for something like 11:00a - 2:00p. It always takes longer than we plan, so you should block your day off more like 11:00a - 5:00p.
Fifth, um--can anyone say COVER ART?!?!?!? I need ideas submitted on paper by YOU all to the rogue box. Don't give them to me. I'm too busy. Grades are due this week. Put your ideas in the rogue box. We can visit about them on Wed or Thur so we have a decision before the weekend and time to finalize the design.
Sixth, start thinking about RogueNight decor &, as someone mentioned, sending out notes of inquiry to our poets to see if they'll read. Those notes should go out...next Monday, I guess--but it's a way short week because of Thanksgiving...
Seventh, there are umpteen etc. things that probably still need done (like typing or handwriting accepted anonymous submissions onto our slips), so I still need people in the morning. I don't need everyone, and, honestly, when you're ALL there it seems like you do more visiting than working--it's a dynamics thing, I think. If you come early, please just be willing to work...and TRY to figure out on your own what might need to be done. Think ahead and try to troubleshoot for us.
OK. That's enough for now.
Heart 12,
Easter

11 Comments:
Can't be there Saturday, I ahve had a camp out planned for this weekend for about....6 monthes. Sorry.
I will be there in the morning though and I already bought a shirt, so I hope i can make it up.
I will try to come in and type up some of the anon if nessecary in the morning.
Decor, remember, we were thinking about a Car-nih-vaal theme. Are we still along those same lines in a theme?
Dutch spelling? WTF?
...I can't believe your Boy Scouts are more important than your first printing of Rogue.
Anyway. I almost forgot what a hell of a lot of work happens AFTER we get submissions. I like the idea of 3, Easter. I'm pretty sure that even last year I wouldn't have, though. And I have no idea what to publish. (As usual).
A demain.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
monday's fine, i think, esp. because next week is ultra-short, and the following week IS rogueweek.
Wow, it's really creeping up on us. Hopefully(as I'm sure we will be) we'll be ready and make it magnificant. So:
1.)Intercom announcement
2.)Signs
3.)Decorations
4.)"Read if you could as Rgoue Night" invites to those who were accepted. I'll try to have some signs for Rogue night by the end of the week. Are we each designing our own tables? I think that's what I heard.
yep, we're each responsible for the decor of a table or two, but now that the snack bar has NEW table things we need to get a fresh count and new measurements so we're all prepared...
I won't be there FRiday either. It just so happens that I have to be at the Church ready to leave for the camp out by 5:00, which means I have to be there ready at 4:30 to organize the partol boxes. Sorry. In lighter news, i have begun to write roughly 4ish a week, which is a huge improvment for me considering I stopped for so long.
Yeah. Table decorations haven't been on my mind. I also reeeeally need to start looking for newish things to publish, becuase I haven't been writing a lot. And some of it is just not good enough to publish. Sigh.
Jeez. RogueNight is upon us.
...Sigh.
Here I go, picking something for publishing.
It's the smell of hospitals in winter, and the feeling that it's all a lot of oysters with no pearl.
And all at once you look across a crowded room to see the way light attaches to a girl.
Ha.
...nancy boy?
Spike (and Suzanna) make me happy.
Post a Comment
<< Home