snow days
It's Wednesday, and I'm only sure of that because I thought yesterday was Wednesday and was corrected by the gal at Reasor's Video. It's hard to track these days when they seem so much the same.
I don't know what to think about Rogue for this week. It looks like we're probably "off" unless the road conditions improve quickly and dramatically. In any case, I hope you're writing. I'm sure Jessie is, what with the really sad news of her family's loss of "The Cabin." Man was I bummed to hear that.
As for me, I actually haven't been writing much. I've been strangely content with staying home and grading papers, watching TV, and shopping on eBay. I think this temperature and weather triggered some kind of instinct in me to do little and conserve energy.
For fun, how about this--if any of you wants to post some of your current writing we could all read and comment. I don't think it would be unsafe (danger of someone stealing it and publishing it), but I can look into 'protected posts' like we used to engage on Xanga. Or, if you'd rather publish it on your own blogspot, do so and tell us--we can come read it and comment there.
Yeah?
Easter
I don't know what to think about Rogue for this week. It looks like we're probably "off" unless the road conditions improve quickly and dramatically. In any case, I hope you're writing. I'm sure Jessie is, what with the really sad news of her family's loss of "The Cabin." Man was I bummed to hear that.
As for me, I actually haven't been writing much. I've been strangely content with staying home and grading papers, watching TV, and shopping on eBay. I think this temperature and weather triggered some kind of instinct in me to do little and conserve energy.
For fun, how about this--if any of you wants to post some of your current writing we could all read and comment. I don't think it would be unsafe (danger of someone stealing it and publishing it), but I can look into 'protected posts' like we used to engage on Xanga. Or, if you'd rather publish it on your own blogspot, do so and tell us--we can come read it and comment there.
Yeah?
Easter

17 Comments:
Haha. The Nyquil has that great an effect? hm...
Yeah. I haven't really been writing, for all that I feel like someone died. Guess I should start.
Less than one month into the new year, and already two tragedies. I begin to fear 2007.
Ahhhhhhoooom. I don't think we're ever going to get back to school. I bet Ice Age Version Two is upon us. We must transform into sloths and star in bad children's movies.
I have writing material. It's written and full of DENILE OF THE ICE.
Nyquil is fantastick to write things on. You never understand it when you read it the morning after.
...Nyquil? Seriously, guys?
Anyway. I posted four new things of questionable worth at interrowhimper.blogspot.com.
And there's some older stuff on there, too. Once in a while I put stuff online...
you guys are rock stars. nyquil just knocks me out--for FOUR hours!
jessie & KC have some good stuff up. i'm jealous. i NEED to write and get some stuff posted.
but i'm not the only one not writing. we've definitely got...3 rogues (at least) who aren't even regularly posting. come on! you don't have "i'm too busy to read" as an excuse right now, ya lame-os.
let's ALL try to get something posted somewhere so we can have a virtual rogue meeting tomorrow. ok? seriously. try. somewhere. something.
i will. and i'd add "boyscout promise" but...well what's that worth? OOOOOOOOHhhhhhh BURN!
LOL joe
...ok--and since i'm heading to the mall to see a movie and shop with ms. youngker and ms. johnson, i should tell you--lest i get spotted and you find out secondhand:
i cut my hair. off. the end.
What? Like you usually cut it, or otherwise?
Have fun at the movie. Thanks for commenting on my stuff.
Way to burn Joe.
School is cancelled for Friday, too...
I miss human contact.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ah yes, the old Boy Scout Promiss. Well, it still works. I used it this weekend and got caught someone in a big lie. So it does still mean something thankfully.
Such a negative lookout on 2007, well here are some thoughts about symbolism:
The cabin? A new Beginning.
The ice? Cleansing and Inspiration.
Rogues not meeting? Thought & Bonds(as in we all want to see eachother which shows us all how much we like eachother)
Illness? Strength and stamina
finally,Hair!? Rebirth and courage.
Now tell me how any of these things could be bad in this sence. And no, I'm not asking for some sly rude-ass-bitchy-sarcastic comment.
I'll try to post stuff on xanga: www.xanga.com/brooklynboy08
You forgot sly, Jessie.
& how is ice cleansing and inspirational?
The ice I'M looking at is grotty with car exhaust and blood from a dead bird that probably killed itself in prostest toward the cold.
I will try to post some THINGS on my blogspot and comment on some other peoples THINGS twomorrow.
i saw dreamgirls with ms. youngker and ms. johnson. it was AMAZING. beyonce' was divine, but jennifer hudson really DOES steal the show. beyonce' was the face, but hudson was the force. and then there was the 'other girl' who will forever be the 'other girl' because she's neither beyonce' nor jennifer hudson. you know, it's like the 3 tenors: pavarotti, domingo, and "the other guy".
Haha. I'm always sly, Kaytee.
...okay, not really. I don't even know what that movie is about. But now I know it has Beyonce' in it.
I miss Rogue like the sun, we haven't had both in two weeks now! and I'm sad because the only reason I get out of my house is to go to work....grr My morning jacket makes it all a little better though AND I have been writing a LOT! *thinking positively*
Mr. Easter I really hope you still have long hair, it's your trade mark which made you cooler than all other teachers lol
I put two things up on here. They're on one of the blogs, I'm not sure which. It's confusing me because it says I switched from old blogger to new blogger and then it made me make a NEW blog, so I think that's where the two poems are...& I don't like them very much. Oh well.
...Winter tragedies seem to have always befallen Rogues. Sorry to hear about your grandpa, Suzanna. I hope he recovers soon...
And Margaret? That's totally not what made him cooler than all the other teachers.
We need to have a meeting...soon. I do like to read things online, though, because I can re-read things and look at structure...maybe we should post the things we read at meetings online.
yes it is
not the only thing but the first thing when you meet him...
Hey, Casey -- you finished with that history stuff yet? I forgot until yesterday that he gave us another test.
YAY! MORE PRECIPITATION! Drove to camp yesterday, and that part of the state was a warzone. It was starting to thaw a little, yesterday. I hope it stayed warm last night.
Post a Comment
<< Home