Think Political
Yes, that was a command: Think political(ly). I am thinking about morphing Rogue into a non-partisan group whose mission will not JUST be to write poetry but also make people think about stuff.
And I can do this because I am RoGod.
But I want your thoughts. Am I being too vague? Shout out.
Easter
And I can do this because I am RoGod.
But I want your thoughts. Am I being too vague? Shout out.
Easter

14 Comments:
Huh. I'm not sure how non-partisan we can be, or how you can despair about the distinction in Rogue classification one week and then call yourself "RoGod" the next, but...
That could be cool. I'm all for making people think about stuff whenever possible.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I like that. The thinking part. Not necessarally the politics. Also, you know something that could really make you think.....
go to this site and watch it.
It gave me chills.
http://-trailers.blogspot.com/2006/10/freedom-writers-2007-trailer.html
well, i was thinking about one of our campaigns: Don't you have something to say? Our mission is to listen... and i dunno, but when i think of the power in our being the voice of/for others--that's what i think makes us more than just a bunch of poets. i want us to embrace what it means to be a rogue. yeah, i want 'rogue' to mean something and show more people how to embrace their inner rebels.
You're right. And since it's kind of always been in our advertising, I think we can take that and run with it.
This sounds interesting. I'm still a little fuzzy though; what are you proposing, exactly? I get the part about making people think & listening & what not. How are we going to go about doing that? Or is that what we're brainstorming right now?
well, we need to meet on it. and we can brainstorm it. i guess at our friday meeting i can talk on my ideas for a little while and maybe between then and now i can post again with something of a brainstorming 'assignment' so everyone can talk on the new concept this friday. speaking of, we need a venue. jessie--did you indicate that SoB will actually take reservations if we call a day or more ahead? that'd rock!
Yes. If we call at least the day before, and if no one else's name is on the list, we can have a room reserved for a meeting. This has always been the policy, but the employees are loath to disturb people if they sit down without checking the list...
But we can always use Joe as a bouncer if our reservations aren't honored by other customers.
well, i'll be. i guess i didn't know there was an actual list and an actual policy or i would have been more comfortable myself asking people to relocate. policy's a policy. perhaps i can call tomorrow and attempt to make contact with a manager/owner and see if they're interested in booking us out in advance for a couple of months...?
I'll almost definitely not be able to make the meeting on Friday, so I guess I'll miss out on the discussion, too.
Not to be she who cried wolf or anything, but it seems we're going to California.
I have a lot to say about this and cannot wait to discuss it,but I don't think that our blog is a good way for all of us to begin this discussion because one cannot fully express themselves in a comment. Also if there are people that can't make the meeting we should move it to a date good for all of us, changes as big as this one should be made with all of us there...
Our flight home puts us in Tulsa at midnight on Sunday night.
Comment.
Wow. SOrry I haven't commented in a while. Sadly my internet was down for 3 days! I had 73 e-mails! Damn. I still have like 13 left. I hate e-mails.
So......I'm commenting because I need to, but there is nothing more to really discuss until the meeting so.........see you guys tomarrow!
Oh! My first Little Shop rehersal was today! It's going to be awesome!
Post a Comment
<< Home