YERP
Oh, man. We gotta talk. There's a prediction of rain (not huge, but 30%, I think) on Saturday. I foresee our needing Plans A & B...and maybe C. Let's get these hammered out; feel free to make suggestions...
Plan A: Meet @ Sears around 1:00p with a drink, snack, bugspray/sunblock and a change of clothes. We'll go to Redbud Valley for hiking and inspiration. After, we'll go to Oxley and/or the SplashPad in Mohawk. Bring frisbees, soccer balls, kites--whatever you might want to play with in a big, wide open space. Around 4:00p we'll depart for a thrifting excursion. I'm thinking of a kind of game like this: $5.00 each to re-outfit yourself...best outfit (voted on by peers) gets a dollar store surprise! 5:30ish we arrive at my house for movie & dinner followed by s'mores and lightning bug watching in the park.
...what to do for movie and dinner?...
Plan B: Alternate beginning due to weather--I NEED SOME HELP HERE, GUYS. What would you want to do from 1-5:30ish if the weather keeps us indoors?
Plan C: Nix the first half of the plan; pick up at 4:00p with a thrifting excursion and carry on with original plan.
It's Wednesday already; we need to get the plans set before we meet Friday so we can discuss particulars. And did I read that you want to meet at 15th St. this week? Works for me. What time?
Heart12, over-and-out:
Easter
Plan A: Meet @ Sears around 1:00p with a drink, snack, bugspray/sunblock and a change of clothes. We'll go to Redbud Valley for hiking and inspiration. After, we'll go to Oxley and/or the SplashPad in Mohawk. Bring frisbees, soccer balls, kites--whatever you might want to play with in a big, wide open space. Around 4:00p we'll depart for a thrifting excursion. I'm thinking of a kind of game like this: $5.00 each to re-outfit yourself...best outfit (voted on by peers) gets a dollar store surprise! 5:30ish we arrive at my house for movie & dinner followed by s'mores and lightning bug watching in the park.
...what to do for movie and dinner?...
Plan B: Alternate beginning due to weather--I NEED SOME HELP HERE, GUYS. What would you want to do from 1-5:30ish if the weather keeps us indoors?
Plan C: Nix the first half of the plan; pick up at 4:00p with a thrifting excursion and carry on with original plan.
It's Wednesday already; we need to get the plans set before we meet Friday so we can discuss particulars. And did I read that you want to meet at 15th St. this week? Works for me. What time?
Heart12, over-and-out:
Easter

7 Comments:
I love this! I got my hrs switched to 8-1, so I will be able to come hiking if we do Plan A! I will be a couple minutes late, because I have to make the long, exhausting trek from Reasor's to Sears, but I will be there. I'm also really digging this thrift store outfit contest.
idk about plan B. We could just run around outside anyway...rain hasn't stopped us before :)
This Friday could we meet laterish? Art camp doesn't get out until 3:30.
Wow, the years go on and the plan gets more advanced. I don't remember planning half of what happened that first Oxley day -- way to think of people bringing extra clothes. That's what inspired the thrifting extravaganza in the first place.
The storms have been rather constant, huh? I'm thinking of it as a birthday present. I got a week of storms for my birthday. Unfortunately, I was trying to attend flight school the week after my birthday. Oh well. The storms didn't know that.
yes. 4 at Cherry Street would be prime. Hiking rain or shine for saturday.
ummmm, 4 for friday works but saturday might create probems because i think my moms planing on doing something while my sister and brother in town.....it's a long story...so love the plan A!
hey all,
cherry street at 4 is good for me
and i like plan A but i am not sure how late i will be able to stay at easter's house for dinner/movie.
OK--so it's Plan A! Hooray!
We'll meet at the edge of the Sears parking lot--the area facing the costume shop on 21st St, west of the Sears automotive/tire shop.
If you get there and can't find us, call/text me: 857-4035.
I talked to KT @ Reasor's this morning, and we were sort of reviewing the probable attendance:
KT, Casey, Joe, Margaret, Brooke, Paloma, Bailey, me. And it sounds like Margaret and Bailey may have to depart early...
Anyhow, it's YERP at last!
Heart12!
Yesterday was awesome fer shur. I hearttwelve you all.
Post a Comment
<< Home