July 4th (or 3rd) Alumni Welcome Rogue
Hi All,
I'm getting ready to zip up to Grove where my sister is having her hysterectomy today. I'll be there a day or so, but I do want--er, INSIST--on our having a reading/meeting this week. Now, if you all have family stuff on Friday because of the 4th, let's meet Thursday. I could manage either day.
Since it's the first of the month, that makes it an alumni-welcome meeting. Sooo, if any of the alums are out there reading, do come if you can. If any staffer wants to call/email any of them, that'd be swell.
A park meeting would be nice, but it may be on the steamy side, so if you'd rather meet at SoB or 15th, just lemme know. As I see it, there are more difficulties accomodating a larger group at 15th than there are at SoB (if we get a room).
I hope you're all having an inspired summer. Lord knows I've got LOTS of notes to turn into poems...I should have time to make that happen in the next couple of days.
Heart12,
Easter
I'm getting ready to zip up to Grove where my sister is having her hysterectomy today. I'll be there a day or so, but I do want--er, INSIST--on our having a reading/meeting this week. Now, if you all have family stuff on Friday because of the 4th, let's meet Thursday. I could manage either day.
Since it's the first of the month, that makes it an alumni-welcome meeting. Sooo, if any of the alums are out there reading, do come if you can. If any staffer wants to call/email any of them, that'd be swell.
A park meeting would be nice, but it may be on the steamy side, so if you'd rather meet at SoB or 15th, just lemme know. As I see it, there are more difficulties accomodating a larger group at 15th than there are at SoB (if we get a room).
I hope you're all having an inspired summer. Lord knows I've got LOTS of notes to turn into poems...I should have time to make that happen in the next couple of days.
Heart12,
Easter

38 Comments:
3rd or 4th is fine with me. If we do the 3rd maybe we could do it a little later in the day b/c I'm taking Andy out in the later morning/early afternoonish area.
I think Shades is good for inside meeting if outside is gonna be that gross.
I vote Thursday afternoon as well, 4th of July sales all day Friday, duuuh ( = Anywhere is fine with me and I have no work so any time as well.
SUCH A RESPONSE FROM THE MASSES!
What should we do?
Lets have it tomorrow!!!!
Easter you fail ) =
(this is me ignoring margaret)
kt--dunno. as much as i would enjoy a tiny meeting, i don't know if it's practical--esp. since gas went up again today ($3.89). margaret and brooke...and paloma...have never posted to explain their YERP absences, and no alums have posted their intentions to attend today. shall we table the meeting and try again next week? casey will be back in town...and maybe we can track down brooke and paloma...?
*sigh* summer roguing seems to be struggling. i came home to sleep last night but am going back to Grove to pick up my mom today and bring her home. in EXCELLENT news, my sister's surgery went super well. we took her home yesterday around lunch (only one night in the hospital). i came home last night because my dog was in the yard with no food but am headed back today to help out 'til noon-ish and to taxi my mom back home.
lol. i totally repeated myself in that comment. maybe i shouldn't have gotten up so early...
Maybe you should just be nicer. ) = I'm glad your sister is doing well, send her our poetic wishes for a quick and painless recovery.
Hurrah for your sister! I guess yeah we should nix meeting this week. :( What is wrong with us lately?!
& oh man, gas prices going up is way not cool.
Paloma called, she wanted Rogue too ) =
...alright, alright: no more posting guilt-tripping comments, k? we'll get our sh*t together next week. or if i'm needed again out of town (doubtful), you'll need to take the initiative to put together a meeting without me. you've done it before...remember JANUARY, FEBRUARY, and part of MARCH!? ;)
Sorry I didn't say anything about the meeting. I'd love to meet with you guys. I'm in hyper-stress mode, as my first checkride is Monday, but if next week is alumni-friendly, I'll be freer. I hope.
I was at the last meeting, thank you very much.
I had plans to be at this one.
And I will explain my yerp absence once we finally have a meeting where both Easter and I are there.
And Easter, my mom had to have an emergency hysterectomy when I was four or so. It was scary but she made it through.
And I, of course, insisted to sit with her in her bedroom watching Moulan repeatedly until she was feeling better.
I'm glad your sister is okay.
I know its tough to see someone you love in pain.
wait...was that the meeting where you and margaret went to 15th St because it was more convenient than meeting the rest of us at gypsy?! ;) just giving you a hard time. thanks for the well wishes/understanding for my sis. she's doing better; she finally consented to taking her percoset and, miracle of miracles, she started feeling better!
What? Percoset makes people feel better?
Okay so....i'm back i just got back like two hours ago, but i'm back and i've got great poetry ideas and i plan on writing this week so, wish me luck!
And i'm uber sad becuase i got back and my guine pig died today and we found her when we got home.... :( But lets definatly have a meeting this week! And i'm glad your sisters well Easter!
casey--sorry to hear about your guinea pig. if it'll make you feel any better, i'll trap a duck at the pond near my house and bring it to you friday...
...I would love to see Easter trapping a duck. That sounds like fun.
oh, man: has anyone watched the spoof movie Meet the Spartans? holy crap--it was terrible but had some really funny moments. i have not seen 300 and don't know if the nature of this movie--weirdly gay--was a spoof or awkward directorial move. at times it was SO incredibly homoerotic it made me feel dirty. favorite line of a britney spoof (before she got kicked into the Pit of Death) 'hey ya'll, can't you see i'm boob-feedin my baby?'
oh my.... and thanks easter that sounds great!!! :)
Hm, haven't seen it. I think that is a parody of 300 then, cause 300 was surprisingly homoerotic. But so was the culture, so maybe you can just chock it up to historical accuracy and attention to detail.
Except for the Britney part?
Is that the movie you spent 5.13 on instead of giving your cashier a generous tip? For shame, Easter...
If you really cared you would have rented Milo and Otis...
-10 cool points for mentioning the egomaniacal cat movie about a poor tag-along dog!
Easter Hannah just got this week why the simicolon is called the simicolon!!!! Oops i wasn't suppose to tell you that! he he he! :)
since the semicolon is my favorite punctuation mark, please mind the spelling.
i used to teach my GED classes that it's the punctuation that's "stronger than a comma but weaker than a period--that's why they're stacked." it worked.
hannah's a menace.
sorry i have spelling issues... and that's mean to say about hannah..... (don't tell her but i agree!) :)
So meeting this week?
YOU'RE an egomaniacal cat...
Shoo cuh let's have rogue at the aquarium sometime. We can get in touch with our inner sting rays. srsly.
rogue does the jenks aquarium? i kinda like that...it's pricey, to be sure--maybe someone wants to look into promo pricing? i remember a time when coke cans had a "buddy deal" printed on, so 2 could get in for the price of 1...
sounds cool, but i have a request we don't meet till after 12:30, please!
It would be very expensive, unless we all pretended we were children or in the military. :( HOW SAD.
very sad.....
Well, it's $13.95/ea. I couldn't find any info about promos--probably since this is their busy season, they're not going to offer discount fares. Bastards! We DO have rogue money...$350, I think...if all of you chose to use it that way, we could do it. --just somethin' to think about.
This comment has been removed by the author.
I've never been to that aquarium... Though I drove right past it everyday freshman year.
It's pricey though.
I know that much.
and no student discounts!!!!! :0
If at all possible, I can not make it to rogue if its held on Saturday. It's my sister’s birthday. So could we have it sometime during the week?
And also the aquatic penitentiary will be less crowded during the week anyway.
Furthermore, EASTER!
a. I was misinformed and once at CHOCst had no ride to gypsy.
b. I live on 107th st.... nothing about getting to rogue is ever convenient. So cut me some slack.
c. Milo and Otis is just too awesome for some to fully process and for that, you have my condolences.
Easter's brain was broken as a child and as a direct result he has grown up into an adult lacking the proper amount of respect for Milo and Otis.
What's milo and otis about agian? and how does easter not liking equal out to be a bad thing?
This comment has been removed by the author.
Post a Comment
<< Home