Thursday, June 15, 2006

Summer's working out...

SoB was great! Summer's really working out for us, meaning the poetry was damn good. Raul led the circle, followed by Oz, Katie, me, Jennie, Tina, and her dad. Tina had already packed up her writings (and her dad was just there for the experience--which was way cool), but everyone else shared. Katie has been most prolific! She wowed us with 6ish poems. I had 4 but shared 3. Raul had 3, but had to leave for a dentist appt. before he shared them all...or did he get his 3rd read? And Jennie & Oz had 2 each. And they all were really amazing. No lie. Good stuff!

Next event needs to be Monday if at all humanly possible so Tina can come--again, if at all possible. We either need to do SoB or a trip to Philbrook to see the exhibit "Waking Dreams" which will leave in early July. What do you all think? We could always do an impromptu reading in the gardens of Philbrook after we check out the exhibit... ???

Jessie & Joe are still out of town, and it dawned on me that KC is probably at her writing camp right now because she's been AWOL. But everyone else needs to tell me if you can make it Monday.

Here's a link to Philbrook's current exhibit so you can check it out and help make up your mind: http://www.philbrook.org/exhibitions/upcoming/exhibition.cfm?id=7&featured=1

Cost for students with ID is $5.50. I'm not actually sure if you have to have your ID or not, but I'd bring it because adult cost is $7.50.

OH CRAP. Philbrook is closed Mondays. It'll have to be another day...now what?

Easter

7 Comments:

Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Yeah we could just do SoB on Monday during whenever Tina says is good and then we can do Philbrook Friday or whatever it is Raul suggested...
There. I contributed. Bam.

6/15/2006 06:12:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

anybody have new stuff that you could share if we SoB monday?

6/18/2006 07:45:00 AM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

I will probably have some stuff...

6/18/2006 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

aack! there's not enough feedback. talk back, folks!

6/18/2006 07:46:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

I have stuff for Monday but probably not a ride. It sorta depends on if we're doing tomorrow or not?
...THERE! feedback! I want a medal now...

6/18/2006 07:50:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Monday sounds swell. How was everyone's week? Philbrook sounds like a magnificant idea, however since it is not open this monday, lets simply dicuss going tomarrow and make all of this easy.
Raul> that picture of you scars me. Seriously!You look demonic! Like a freakin demon!

6/18/2006 11:43:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

blech.

6/19/2006 03:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home