...back to school
Well, Rogues, it looks like we'll be back to school tomorrow--at last! Let's ALL do our best to get together for a meeting/reading this week--Friday, 4:00p @ SoB. Please bring 2 or 3 poems to read. This Friday will mark the rebirth and regular use of the Book of Doom. It's a new year, and I want everyone ON NOTICE. As I indicated in a comment on the last post, we have several rogues who aren't even coming HERE to keep up with the group; that doesn't bode well for their future as far as I'm concerned. I mean dropping by every day or 2 to see if there are new comments or an update is NOT asking too much, and we've all been through how I do not believe in this excuse: "I was at the site but didn't leave a comment."
I'm excited about the new semester. I'm WAY excited about having some of you in my poetry class. That's going to rock. I'm excited about change.
I want to have, as our first mission this week, selecting a date in March for RogueNight. It's too late to try for February. We need to find a date in March (when the likelihood of snow is dropping off) and get on the calendar for a new date.
Sorry 'bout my not following through with the virtual Rogue meeting Friday. I think I had the same problem as Katie: I created a new blog and posted 2 poems but then couldn't log into it to edit...and I didn't want to share them unedited. I am still prevented from getting onto my own site, so I guess I will have to try to attempt a log-in and change the password or something. Dunno. I haven't put a lot of time into investigating the problem. Anyhow, I do have stuff: I promise!
Enjoy today!
Easter
I'm excited about the new semester. I'm WAY excited about having some of you in my poetry class. That's going to rock. I'm excited about change.
I want to have, as our first mission this week, selecting a date in March for RogueNight. It's too late to try for February. We need to find a date in March (when the likelihood of snow is dropping off) and get on the calendar for a new date.
Sorry 'bout my not following through with the virtual Rogue meeting Friday. I think I had the same problem as Katie: I created a new blog and posted 2 poems but then couldn't log into it to edit...and I didn't want to share them unedited. I am still prevented from getting onto my own site, so I guess I will have to try to attempt a log-in and change the password or something. Dunno. I haven't put a lot of time into investigating the problem. Anyhow, I do have stuff: I promise!
Enjoy today!
Easter

16 Comments:
Oh, man, I have homework again.
I've kind of missed the Book of Doom. March is going to be the latest RogueNight ever, and may even start to interfere with Eyrie's run. We've always tried to avoid that.
Remind me to tell you my academic bowl dream, Easter. It was weird.
dang it! i forgot about eyrie. i think it's more of an april thing, but i will try to remember to forewarn stevenson about our later venue to avoid any awkwardness. thanks for reminding me.
Oh Erie, why can't we be friends?
Poetry class tomorrow!!! ( =
margaret: we DO get along. that's part of the respect arrangement we have with not performing over a timeslot when eyrie has the calendar. there was a brief time when we didn't get along in the past, but that was 4 years ago...and brief. most rogues publish in eyrie, too...why not?
oh, and to all: regular commenting has been a habit i've tried to encourage all of you to embrace to keep our group connected. to those who do (and those who pledge to), i want you to know that i appreciate it.
If I commented every time I checked the site in the last week, I'd go to spammer hell for sure.
Right now I'm just trying to escape The Aeneid.
Yeah, Blogger is strange and weird sometimes.
I'm so excited to be out of this Ice-Bound Hell, and for FRIDAY!
Eryie+Rogue=friends for ever yey! ummm yeah checking the site because dinner is not ready yet
Oh, man. This kid in drama was performing this angry Shakespeare monologue, from Julius Caesar, I think, and every time it said "yea" he said "yeah". In a really sarcastic way. Totally incongruous.
See you all in the morning.
You better drive as defensively in poetry as you did in driver's ed Suzanna. Because your liscence is a priveledge, not a right.
Sory that I haven't been commenting. My internet has been down for 5 fucking days. But my parents refuse to go to a different internet. Frustration.
Margret, your a little hung over about the whole Eyrie-Rogue thing. It isn't that important.
Suzanna- I hope you drive defensivley, because of you don't, my insurance will go up for that, and my being a boy.
Wade, I enjoy your one letter comments, they really show how interestered you are in everything everyone says.
Sorry about the extreamly almost rude sarcasm, I'm in a very dry humor mood.
Easter, You might want to wait a while before deciding on march, because you know how alot of drama people go to the musical, well, Mr. Morris has to reschedual it because of the snow and he is thinking about the first 2 weeks in march.
It would run Thursday, Friday and Saturday of which ever week it is, and if worse comes to worse, I'm in the musical.
...uh...I hope you meant "hung up over the whole Eyrie thing" and not "hung over"...because I missed whatever drinking party we had with Eyrie.
And by "Eyrie" I meant "Stevenson".
If we had a drinking party with Stevenson, there would have been pictures........everywhere. lol
Hung over....yes, if only drinking were allowed with teachers. Oh wait. :-)
...been there, done that.
Wade, I alrady found out your lame pattern.
The next will be "c" and don't even deny it. How original.
I'm betting on "a", myself.
It'd be just like a Rogue to use a representation of a rhyme pattern rather than the 26 character alphabet.
...I don't want to go to school.
Post a Comment
<< Home