Reminders, etc.
Alright, here's a reminder that we will--after an ice-storm-induced hiatus--resume our regular schedule of Friday Rogue meetings this Friday @ SoB. Remember: The Book of Doom shall be reinstated!
Also, next Tuesday, 1/30, is the poetry event @ SoB in the p.m. It's the gig where kids from other TPS schools will be reading, too. And your parents, friends, etc. are welcome--duh!
As for RogueNight. Sheesh. I dunno guys. If we get our act together, we COULD do it in February (provided there's availability in the snack bar on a night we like). I'm going to need feedback from you on whether your schedules will allow for the energy/effort to putting a RogueNight together in a month's time. Comment your ideas here, and we'll pick up the topic this Friday.
And can I say how awesome it is having rogues in my poetry class?! Hex, yeah.
OK. That's it.
Much love,
Easter
Also, next Tuesday, 1/30, is the poetry event @ SoB in the p.m. It's the gig where kids from other TPS schools will be reading, too. And your parents, friends, etc. are welcome--duh!
As for RogueNight. Sheesh. I dunno guys. If we get our act together, we COULD do it in February (provided there's availability in the snack bar on a night we like). I'm going to need feedback from you on whether your schedules will allow for the energy/effort to putting a RogueNight together in a month's time. Comment your ideas here, and we'll pick up the topic this Friday.
And can I say how awesome it is having rogues in my poetry class?! Hex, yeah.
OK. That's it.
Much love,
Easter

20 Comments:
It really shouldn't be that hard for Rogue night to happen in February. We already have the publication published and shirts made, all we need is decor again, which we hopefully put together once anyway. So yes, February.
Easter, I had one fear going into your poetry class. I was scared that there would be alot/mainly people in there who were taking it just because, because they want to have people listen to them and they ry to be different and or because they want to empress you. And yes, some people would take it just to empress you believe it or not. It seesm that I was right on many account. Some of them would rather not be there, some of them want to empress you, some of them are really trying to be different and some of them just want people to hear their poety for their own selfish aclaim. It's very unfortunate. But from what i have seen from your previous poetry classes, this one is better.
Sorry that was such a ramble.
Haha Joe, I wonder which reason is yours...
Can I say how wonderful that class is! I like all the people in it and how open they are. It makes it a lot less scary to read to the whole class. It's awesome ( =
I think we should have Rogue night as soon as possible but my work may get in my way of helping through it all...
Would it be really UNrealistic to try for Feb.? Because I think as long as we all get our shit together we can definitely pull it off...but that's only if?
Remember that our shit is often not together. Also, Joe left out the biggest thing, at this point, which is advertising and getting the words out to those who submitted so we can find out who will read. Also, merch. Buttons need to be made and Easter says there are a bunch of multi-color t-shirts at -- Walgreen's? -- 2/$5.
Also, I think Joe meant Easter's poetry students were trying to turn him into an Empress.
Easter was an Empress, then he cut his hair off. :-)
ADVIRTISMENT. I have alot of signs already made and sighs that are indestructable so, no prob there.
Feb. is it. Let's do it.
Musical: 8,9 and 10th of March.
Indestructible sighs? Very zen. And I'd think your spelling of "advirtisement" was a clever way to put the word "man" in your message, but no one cares about Latin but me.
Some buttons are made. Ones that say "Rogue" and "Poetry's sexy". I didn't think we had enough, but it's been a while since I've looked.
I care about latin!
Pink Floyd is perfect poetry<333
Latin, but we must care about it, it was/is the semi-beginning of the extreamly and becomeing more, bastardized language. Isn't it? I hate the direction where the language is going. German, the main root of this language is alot easier too, I don't know why this English germanic language morphed into such an odd, stupid, easily confuing languge.
I made a sign out of a hard wood composite type thing, that's the one I was mainly talking about.
Yeah for buttons! Let's post more I deas for buttons. We have only made a few in variety as it is.
The one I still really like, and I think Wade likes is:
"Guys who write poetry are hott" yes, with two ts.
And...Rogue, it's who you are.
2.)Rogue, it's what you do.
3.)Rogue, it's just fancy lingo for, "I refuse to be cliche"
4.)Don't follow the trend, go Rogue
5.)"I'm a Rogue Staffer." (naturally this one is just for us)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
even Casey is now subject to making these small comments, much like Wade's, "a" and, "b" comments.
SO.....S.O.B TOMORROW! I can't wait!
...actually WOODWARD tomorrow. yeah? k? i forgot to call SoB.
Haha. I remembered at like...8 something...but then I forgot again and now it's kind of late and you've already moved to plan B.
"I'm a Rogue staffer" just reminds me of "Ask me how" on Wal-Mart employees. No offense to any past Rogues currently employed at Wal-Mart, of course.
Pink Floyd IS perfect. Maybe "So you think you can tell?" printed on a button would sell.
"I'm a Rogue Staffer" buttons would obviously go with that Kmart vest we found at the thrift store...
Yum outside.
Some where, out there.
there's a place
a place that we will read
in the unusual warmth of winter.
(to the tune of somewhere over the rainbow)
Hm. Winter warmth. Interesting. Only in O k l a h o m a...Oklahoma, OKAY!
Wade has spelled, "abs" in his one letter posts so far.
abso.
Absolut?
...nevermind.
To Absolut, to choice, to the village voice...
I wonder if Wade knows what he's spelling?
Maybe he'll take our vodka and run with it.
...oh wait.
Hey! I forgot that was in Rent. Hm.
I don't think that he would be spelling out a brand of Vodka, but I suppose it would be random enough. Maybe......absolute value? Yeah right. Nevermind. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home