B & N, Spring Market, and Recruitment
First, let's plan on a park reading for this Friday's Rogue. I think Zink Park was requested, and provided it's not secluded, I am on board. We can stop at QT and get coffee, snacks, whuteva.
We need to be starting to think about our Barnes & Noble showcase event. It is in late May. I would like for you to start preparing the poems you may want to share. Also, if there are any people from previous RogueNights that you'd like to invite to read along with you, let me know soon so I can extend an invitation.
As for Spring Market, it is our next event--and it takes place in April, just later than B & N. Spring Market is on 21 April (Saturday) from 9a - 5p. We will need to begin planning some jewelry building and t-shirt printing days. I think we could use 4 or 5 sessions. We also need to organize shifts for the actual sales at Spring Market so that we've got a couple people around all day. Last year, we had plenty of people who could do the a.m. shifts; it was later in the afternoon that we had some issues getting enough people to work. If memory serves, KC had to do a lot of the take-down herself... Anyhow, let's be sure your schedules are fully cleared off for that Saturday. Also, start honing your salesmanship skills. I do not want people STARING at customers--you've got to be warm and chatty. You have to encourage people to try something on and remind them of their potential need for a friend's birthday gift, etc. Last year, this was our biggest fundraiser.
Recruitment. So far, we STILL have the same 3 essays. If you guys don't hound the people who've said they'll remit an essay, they just may not. Remember: Artists are flaky. They're going to need reminding. Now, please consider reminding them ONLY if you believe they truly ARE writers. I don't want people on staff who just think they want to be a part of YOU.
Please have your poems ready and consider bringing a blanket or cushion for the park--maybe even a change of clothes if it's going to be really warm.
Heart 12,
Easter
We need to be starting to think about our Barnes & Noble showcase event. It is in late May. I would like for you to start preparing the poems you may want to share. Also, if there are any people from previous RogueNights that you'd like to invite to read along with you, let me know soon so I can extend an invitation.
As for Spring Market, it is our next event--and it takes place in April, just later than B & N. Spring Market is on 21 April (Saturday) from 9a - 5p. We will need to begin planning some jewelry building and t-shirt printing days. I think we could use 4 or 5 sessions. We also need to organize shifts for the actual sales at Spring Market so that we've got a couple people around all day. Last year, we had plenty of people who could do the a.m. shifts; it was later in the afternoon that we had some issues getting enough people to work. If memory serves, KC had to do a lot of the take-down herself... Anyhow, let's be sure your schedules are fully cleared off for that Saturday. Also, start honing your salesmanship skills. I do not want people STARING at customers--you've got to be warm and chatty. You have to encourage people to try something on and remind them of their potential need for a friend's birthday gift, etc. Last year, this was our biggest fundraiser.
Recruitment. So far, we STILL have the same 3 essays. If you guys don't hound the people who've said they'll remit an essay, they just may not. Remember: Artists are flaky. They're going to need reminding. Now, please consider reminding them ONLY if you believe they truly ARE writers. I don't want people on staff who just think they want to be a part of YOU.
Please have your poems ready and consider bringing a blanket or cushion for the park--maybe even a change of clothes if it's going to be really warm.
Heart 12,
Easter

27 Comments:
Spring Market! Sound like fun! Only I'm scared that I might be out of town on the Choir trip. If I'm not, I'll work....all day! Recruitment! Time to hunt good prey. WHen I say hunt, I mean look for. And when i say prey, I mean writters. So, "time to look for good writters" more or less.
How dare you disgrace the American flag, I will have my vengince, revenge!
Haha. I like how you can spell recruitment and not writers, Joe. Or vengeance, but that's a harder word.
I am so excited about Spring Market. Couldn't tell you why. Are we continuing bandana jewelry from last year? And what about buttons? Have the new supplies been ordered?
I am so NOT excited about missing Friday's meeting. Wade, I still have that blanket you lent us in the back of my car...
YAY park & things.
Spring Market was fun last year...I remember sunburn...
KC: You should get a hired assassin to hunt down the crazy person. Because hacking emails is just not on.
simply change your password. Alot. ABout every other day for a week if they are that good.
Thank you, Wade.
We totally just went to see 300. I'll review it tomorrow.
Ew, hacking. Changing your password will only work if the person merely has access to the account because they're in some way related to you. It won't work if they have actual |-|4xX012 skillz.
Yesss we get go go to the park this Friday! I'm also so excited about Spring market because not only do I not work on Saturdays but my selling skills have gotten pretty good. Big part of my job is getting slightly hungry people to buy more food then they really need and be nice to them no matter how bitchy they are. Defiantly want to help out selling that day ( :
*than
I guess spelling is a huge deal so had to fix that...
I'm not super good with people. And I hate it when shopkeepers talk to me unless I deliberately make eye contact and want help with something.
This is probably weird and anti-social, and definitely a contribution to the "why I'm bad at retail" list.
...if you guys are arguing why YOU shouldn't be the salespeople, great. you're off the list. not everyone is a "people" person in the retail sales conventionality. but a charming, warm greeting and offer to help is necessary in a competitive market like Spring Market. we need "front" people who are comfortable with that role because the women who will be shopping at Spring Market are the kind that will LIKE being fawned over to some degree. they will not find it "fucking annoying."
Yeah, well I am a good people person. Who'da guessed. Oh, I will be in town, so I wil be there, and selling all of our beautiful hand made goods. I can't wait! Plus, cheer might be doing a cart wash this year which means I can go down and play in the water! SHIRTLESS! Summer will be upon us soon once I begin taking my shirt off in public! I'm so excited! I could just ramble about it! Yeah!
I find it alarming how excited you get about going about bare-chested...
I sort of hate people-interactions too, but being polite isn't hard and that's really all you have to do. And laugh at their bad jokes. It works for me anyway...
Right. Well, retail wouldn't be like it is if it didn't work for the majority of people.
As I recall, LAST spring market, Joe managed to be shirtless at the car wash. And Easter was mad. And it sounds like that's his intention again.
I definitely held a baby human today. Weeeeeird.
...It's eleven o'clock.
And I'm totally starting my Latin essay that has to be mailed off tomorrow.
Hooray for coffee and Eminem at 11 o'clock on a Wednesday.
I'll pass along the message...
and say for her that it was no problem, she loves to cook, she wishes your mother a speedy recovery, etc.
I hope the after-surgery thing is going well.
All right...out of here until school resumes. I wish you at least two happy meetings.
I don't want to miss meetings. Ah. Je deteste ma vie.
I think my phone will work, but it will be five hours earlier where I am, if you choose to call.
Je desteste ta vie!
Sarah taught me that even before I went into French! Crazy-ness.
Blar, I definitely misspelled 'deteste'. I AM WORTHLESS. :[
Yes, tomorrow shall be interesting, but I have high expectations as longas everyone is mature. Yeah, I just found out that yougart and 18th Floor Balcony don't help you stay awake. only 3 more hours of homework...or more. and it's 11 on that dot! Yeah, now it's 11:01. And casey, you are a horrible person for useing profane language because no one else does it. hahaha. Just to mkae sure, that was a joke. You arn't that bad of person for useing curse words. lol
I said it was a joke! GOD! Ah! 2 hours left of homework! yeah!
it's 12:23
I just finished and homeowrk and it is exactally 2:00. Finally, time for sleep!
18th Floor Balcony is a really good song. But kind of lullabye-ish.
I had a Rogue dream right before I woke up. It started out someplace tropical, and Kaytee, Suzanna, Easter and I were endeavoring to prove how far into the ocean we could swim. We swam for a very long time, then I looked down and there was a gigantimous shark...it was going the other way, so we didn't pay attention to it. The second shark was where I lost it -- I turned around and swam back to the shore, about twice the pace of the trip out there. I waited on the shore for Kaytee, Suzanna, and Easter. As it turned out, they were delayed because Easter had been attacked by a man-eating bed of kelp -- which was ironic at the time because he's a vegetarian. Plus, kelp, rather than the big-ass sharks?
The dream changed into a Rogue meeting. Boris was on staff -- neither he nor Easter attended. The meetingplace looked just like a blend of SoB and Cherry Street. Joe was pissed that Boris didn't go to the meeting. We talked about staff recruitment and the RogueNight of 2010.
I wish I dreamt.
Ahhh so many comments that I have missed! I really want to be a front person at the Spring Market and Casey your poem is amazing! Love the smoke image and its symbol of freedom past the body boundaries ( :
now time for bed....
jessie--i REALLY hope the kelp has NO correlation to the OTHER man-eating plant in your life (think "II-y")
kc--i liked the fire/smoke, too. i esp. like the idea of throwing fire to difuse the secret and force it to become smoke that someone else can interpret and understand in a milder expression so the fire thrower isn't, ultimately, alone in the knowledge.
i'll put up a "blank" post later so you guys can comment on the apps and about oxley.
Easter, I'm not an idiot. Although, it was ALMOST clever. Too bad. But in that interpretation, does that mean that I am going to kill you Easter? Hm. (Easter's horoscope-your future looks dim) hahaha
We should not do Oxley on Sunday/Monday because I wouldn't be able to go either and I can't miss out on a ROGUE ADVENTURE?!!!
Casey: I love love love the smoke imagary, and the 'you are nothing' bit.
Also: Rogue dreams are weeeeeird.
Post a Comment
<< Home