Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Master Calendar

...this just in: We are on the Master Calendar for 3/1. It was approved today. That means we can hesitate no longer to prepare all details for RogueNight.

This week's goal: At our SoB this Friday, bring back your detailed ideas for your table theme. Do it! If you do not present me with specific, detailed plans for your table (add sketches to help if you have a hard time conveying your ideas in words) you will receive an absence in the Book of Doom.

Please everyone try to have at least 2 poems to share this week.

<3 12,

Easter

25 Comments:

Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Can I address the irony of you telling us, your poetry group, what to do if we have difficulty expressing our ideas in words?

2/06/2007 05:04:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I am making Rogue signs RIGHT NOW!

Won't get them copied 'til tomorrow afternoon, though...

2/06/2007 05:37:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Question: are we trying for a specific collective theme sort of thing for tables...?

2/06/2007 08:44:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

well, kt, yeah...it works well if we have each table 'themed' in a unique way. the themes can be as simple as a certain color palette--like an orange/purple theme. they can be elaborate, too--like ali baba's cave of riches, complete with real gold and diamond encrusted artifacts! whatever you guys plan to use (fabric, decor), you should be prepared that people may stain, damage, or thieve stuff. if any of you needs ideas, see me.

2/06/2007 09:16:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Oh, no, I know that part, I mean for all of the tables as a whole. I remember something like that being briefly talked about & I was wondering if we were actually trying for that or if we scrapped the idea.

2/06/2007 09:49:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Right. Because I think Wade really wanted to be the carnie.

...Or however that's spelled when abbreviated.

2/06/2007 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Signs! I haven't drawn in forever and now I have a reason to again! I can't wait. Ah, The Bookof Doom. So, how ridged are we going to realy be with it? Not that I am opposing it or anything. But I have felt not just a slight empahsis, but a large impression that The Book of Doom is going to become an unliked guest. I just don't want it to be pushed to the point that we feel like there are rules lingering around everything we do. You know?
No school for me tomorrow(Wednesday)! I'm excited. I have YLT! AH, but the homework. I stil ave to do homework tonight. It's depressing. I have having finally founf the innitiative to do homework....at home. Though, I suppose my constant A's so far makes me feel good. As opposed to my normal Fs that I find myself having at the beginning of every semester because I didn't do the first assignment. Wow, that was a run-on sentance. This is a run-on comment. I need sleeping dust, or whatever that stuff is called in the fairy tales. The Sand Man! I need sleeping sand from the Sand Man.

2/06/2007 11:33:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

the bigger carnival theme. yes, i think that would be way cool...but we would probably have to hold a special decorations meeting to be sure everyone understood the goal. i'm game...but is everyone else?

as for the Book of Doom, it's rigid relative to attendance only, joe. you younguns haven't seen it because when raul handed it over to wade, he lost it...that's why i am reviving it.

2/07/2007 06:34:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Oh, man. It's the only rule allowed by the '05 staff, as I recall. Mitch was SO opposed to having a Constitution. Plus, that would put us at the school's mercy for cash.

I'm confused -- have table themes or not?

2/07/2007 05:02:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

yes, bring themes. designs. all of it. IF we decide to 'group' theme everything, we'll have to all agree because that will likely mean scrapping old themes/designs in exchange for interconnected ones.

2/07/2007 08:38:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I like candles. And dark table clothes. Almost emo, but so much candle light, that it isn't dark, so it appears not to be emo. After all, we don't want to be considered emo. I like the candle Idea though, oh, draps. Over all the windows! and walls! and counters! Maroon velvet draps. Maybe. Maybe/most likly not.

2/07/2007 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

candles--yeah. we tried that and got vetoed by the fire marshall. so no candles--hence battery-operated candles. drapes on the windows is a great idea, but fabric is expensive and hard to come by large panels that match or even go together without looking like a mistake.

we CAN look into buying tablecloths at $1 tree and cover the windows with those...but in buying anything, we go in hole and start spending money before we have it. of course, that IS pretty much how we always operate.

2/08/2007 07:19:00 AM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

suzanna, wade, margaret?

2/08/2007 07:19:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Psh. If parents donate table cloths, Rogue doesn't spend any money. Not a problem if they come from the Dollar Tree, especially.

I loved the time we draped the lights in fabric, too. Also, we TOTALLY need the naked mannequin for the display of RogueShirts.

2/08/2007 05:14:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

for the display of rogue shirts? Or like last time, just naked with a tie. :-)

2/08/2007 05:49:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Sorry I haven't been here in a while but this has been a week of hell...this is a lot to take in and I don't know what I will do with my table. Hopefully I figure something cool by tomorrow, and I don't like the book of doom because it's so controlling but I guess without control we just might fall apart.

2/08/2007 07:29:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

things fall apart. the centre cannot hold.
etc.etc.etc.

I have to find my bag of table things so I can remember what my theme was exactly...

& are we SoBing at SoB tomorrow or elsewhere?

2/08/2007 07:41:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

SoB. Reserved for 4 to 5:30.

2/08/2007 08:57:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Also, I'd like to point out that I called SoB, was told to "hold on, [she was] with a customer". I waited for ten minutes listening to her blending Big Trains and hung up. Joe called back a game of Egyptian Rat Screw later, and the phone was busy, presumably because she HADN'T PICKED IT UP YET.

I called back an hour later and she apologized, said she'd forgotten about me, and had to be told the date and time four times to write it down.

Seriously. How hard is that task?

2/08/2007 09:39:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

We should feed her to a velociraptor as punishment.

2/08/2007 09:54:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

we should youthanize her to improve her memory.

2/09/2007 06:57:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Haha. If we do that she'll be too young for a food handler's permit -- then what?

Saw Ms. Youngker at the mall tonight. She must have been confused to see us.

2/09/2007 11:13:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I just repaired my English text, rather subtly and fantastically, with obnoxious orange duct tape.

2/10/2007 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

weekend's end = 11hours and 30 minutes

2/11/2007 01:31:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Twelve hours and thirty minutes from your original time of posting.

I miss seeing the sky when I fly.

I think after RogueNight we should do more random meetings. Like at Cherry street. And it's going to get warmer.

And even if it doesn't, pavilion at the airport has a fireplace and two different grills where we could cook vegetarian-friendly food.

2/11/2007 02:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home