Sunday, February 11, 2007

New Table Decor Theme & the BoD

It's Sunday night, and I'm just getting 'round to posting this...but it IS still the weekend, so I guess I'm not terribly behind yet--

In case you missed it, and I don't know how you could've, we're ALL adopting Suzanna's idea of theming tables according to our favorite poets. Here's the list of rogues and their poets:

KC--MLE D
Wade--Poe
Jessie--TS Eliot
joe--e. e. cummings
Margaret--Morrison
Suzanna--Wilde
KT--undecided-ish (maybe a trio of her favs)
E*--Whitman (duh)

Now pay attention:

Since I have reborn the Book of Doom (heretofore termed BoD) I will be using it to discourage your being disconnected.

For instance, if you do not post a comment w/ 48 hours of my making a new entry, you'll be marked in the BoD and notified HERE. 3 entries in the BoD and you're OUT. I've told you that you may check from my PC at school, so you've got no reason not to check except for your being lazy or disconnected.

It's almost RogueNight, and I don't want it to suck. Most of you have not done a RogueNight before, and you've NO idea what we've got ahead. I know I keep saying that, but you won't be able to truly believe me until you've lived through one.

I'm serious about keeping up with the BoD.

Easter

17 Comments:

Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Wait, what? It's totally never been that way.

What happened to four absences a semester? With one fewer possible absence and the added threat of being marked in the BoD ("bod" kind of a disturbing abbreviation) for "being a jerkface"...

Wow. Harsh.

2/11/2007 10:41:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

well, rules, I would have never guessed them to be so harsh. This should be fun.

2/11/2007 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

i agree with jessie, this might be a little too muchg control, i don't think it should be THAT easy for someone to be kicked out of rogue..

2/11/2007 10:48:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

suzanna--you can def. do sandburg if you prefer. and to the rest, well, i can revisit my "3 and you're out" rule--but some of you just don't show your commitment well, and i'm not in a place to reward that.

2/12/2007 07:09:00 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

I have an idea, what if it were possible to work towards something that would give us another day, so 4 instead of 3. Such as, making more signs than everyone else, then you get another day. Just to make us work harder and give us that comfortable cushion if something happens and we have to miss for somereason some Friday.

2/12/2007 07:25:00 AM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Yeek BoD.
That IS an awkward abbreviation...

& I think I want Atwood. I'll try my hardest not to change my mind.

2/12/2007 05:18:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

"I want your BoD."
Is Rogue now supporting the Tag® commercials?

2/12/2007 05:39:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Yeah, I wish he would have told those who submitted that he was sending the magazine off to be judged. Or that he had told us it won an award.

I had to hear from Lucy Stambaugh.
I'm not sure I want to submit this year.

2/12/2007 07:36:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

ask me in person what i think about that--and i WILL give you MY slant. ;)

2/12/2007 08:05:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Compition is brewing in the air, similar to the beer brewing in Mr. Haley's closet. So, I think we should definatly submit to that compition. Ya know you guys, if we became "school sponcered" than that would make us look really good to Mr. Mayfield and we could possible pursuade him to give us funding for whatever. Just a thought.
As for the compition though, we should got for it, I love a great struggle, even though it wouldn't be a struggle, just a massacre of Rogue getting a higher place than Eyrie. It isn't anything against Eyrie, it's just the thought of winning. It is so grand isn't it?

2/12/2007 08:49:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

If we were school sponsered it would be like being sponsored by THE MAN. We would have to fill out FORMS. For everything. And...you know...listen to them.

2/12/2007 09:22:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Joe, the whole reason we aren't school-sponsored is to avoid entanglement with the administration. If we wrote a Constitution we would not only have to be approved by that terrible body of good-for-nothing "future leaders" (i.e. StuCo) but we would have to fill out forms and have a school bank account and get permission from qualified school personnel any time we wanted to spend our own money.

This way, we avoid all of the politicking, and we don't owe anyone (i.e., Mayfield) anything. Sorry. I know how you love that school-affiliation shit.

2/12/2007 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Wow, I guess "Just a thought." dosen't really matter. But as I said, it was just a thought. No need for sarcasm.

2/12/2007 11:01:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

let's put the eyrie/rogue thing to bed. there is no competition. stevenson simply has a different vision for eyrie (which includes accolades for himself). do you know how/why most adult professionals win adult professional awards? they self-nominate. and because the rest of the world are either too humble or busy to do so, often the few who apply end up winning. ...that's just a little FYI for life.

2/13/2007 08:04:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

My bitterness has nothing to do with Rogue. You'll notice one of the criteria was in editing. I just wanted to know he was mailing our stuff of to be judged.

You know, Edison week is reminding me how much I want to be gone.

2/13/2007 09:28:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Haha. No qualifier for that?

2/13/2007 05:10:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I hate my class, it's full of idiots. Maybe next year will be better, and by better I mean that maybe we will actually have a Guy Cheer squad. *dismay*

2/13/2007 10:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home