Friday Coffee
...so who can meet tomorrow for coffee/poetry at the 15th Street coffee house? I would suggest 3:00p, perhaps. There is a slight chance I will be out of town, but at this point, it's just slight. Please consider your schedules and post your availability.
If several members are available, we will briefly discuss how we want to approach the rogue applicants upon our return next week.
As for our working rogues (and soon-to-be-working rogues), it is probable you will have to be flexible with your schedules in order to keep/land a job. Ensuring that your boss knows you have certain meetings, lessons, "classes", or other priorities is perfectly legit., and I encourage it, but just be aware that if you appear to be "difficult," your odds for getting ANY hours (let alone the job) drop significantly. Rogue meetings during the summer are not BoDable--so especially if you're just seeking summer employment, remember that. Also, during the summer we can flex our meeting times and days to help fit people's schedules.
I'm off to prowl for Thursday garage sales. Don't forget to post if you can come tomorrow--and if it occurs I need to be out of town, I'll post as soon as I know.
Heart 12,
Easter
If several members are available, we will briefly discuss how we want to approach the rogue applicants upon our return next week.
As for our working rogues (and soon-to-be-working rogues), it is probable you will have to be flexible with your schedules in order to keep/land a job. Ensuring that your boss knows you have certain meetings, lessons, "classes", or other priorities is perfectly legit., and I encourage it, but just be aware that if you appear to be "difficult," your odds for getting ANY hours (let alone the job) drop significantly. Rogue meetings during the summer are not BoDable--so especially if you're just seeking summer employment, remember that. Also, during the summer we can flex our meeting times and days to help fit people's schedules.
I'm off to prowl for Thursday garage sales. Don't forget to post if you can come tomorrow--and if it occurs I need to be out of town, I'll post as soon as I know.
Heart 12,
Easter

79 Comments:
I can come, but I only have a car anytime after 4ish, otherwise I'll have to bum a ride.
I'm up for it.
all rogues seeking employment: after you turn in your app., consider sending a little thank-you note to the boss or manager in charge of hiring. if you don't know who that is, address the note to Human Relations if it's a large company or General Manager if it's a smaller place. say something like--"thanks for taking the time to consider my application; i am sure you have a lot of people to consider for this position. thanks for keeping me in mind." the way you get a job is by keeping your name & app at the top of the stack without being a nag. like suzanna said, you don't want to bug people, so you have to find a tasteful way of reminding them of your interest. dropping the thank-you note by IN PERSON is a great extra step if you can. otherwise, get it in the mail ASAP after filing your app. good luck!
Yeah, if it wouldn't be too out of your way, that'd be awesome, Casey. :]
Haha I definitely thought you meant friends like actual friends in real life. It confused me. and then I realized you must be talking about facebook...xD
That's weird that it's not coming up with Twiss. I'll just find you and friend you...
No, wait, it says we already are. I think I don't know what you're talking about.
Oh noes...I have missed many many comments / : Also is there a way for you Casey to stop by my house as well if it's not way out of your way?
hysterical!
YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE IS HYSTERICAL?
Parasols!
Haha. Yay! Rogues are going to be friends. At last?
Damn. Well, whatever advantage there was to hanging out with sophomores just disappeared when you all began to need gas money.
This was an era of veritable free scheduling for Rogue. Alas.
And what's the status on graduating Rogues? Do we switch to alumni schedule this summer, or when the schoolyear starts?
...on a plane back home tomorrow...will arrive Saturday. Of course, it's like five a.m. where you are so I'm leaving today and getting back tomorrow.
And supreme karma? I managed to wash my cellular telephone a second time.
Okay, it was NOT five a.m. I was just mindlessly adding five hours to the clock on my aunt's laptop -- which, incidentally, did not change time zones with us.
Mom is experimenting for the first time with canned whipped cream -- she's previously whipped her own, and it's kind of hilarious.
We're out of pina colada mix, but not out of rum. What does this mean?
Ahh, okay. I'm not confused anymore!
& poor Jessie's phone. :(
Pina Copldas are yum yum. hahahaI'll be at Rogue, can't waity, I might come with a mowhawk if nmy paretns don't make me chop it off!
* Pina Colada
* ha I'll
* wait
* moehawk
* my
* parents
Joe with a mohawk is a weird image. I think it will be WEIRD and I will say so when I see you/your possible mohawk.
So did everyone like it? Because it's getting chopped off in the morning. My dad was in awe. He didn't even know what to say when he saw me. hahahaha
new pic!
wade--so happy for you! that's amazing for your first night. was that tip-share? i've never even been to desi wok, but it must be a swanky place! sheesh. my first job (other than my paper route) was at a pizza place. i did NOT get cut in on the tips, and I made $3.65/hr (that was min. wage back in the day).
good poetry yesterday. it was sort of dark and experimental at times...i love when people try on new hats.
HATS MANDATORY MEETING. Soon.
Hm. I like how much control your dad has over your hair, Joe. I also liked "what did you DO last night?"
Um...Wade's way excited about making money. Which is cool. Maybe less fighting with his dad about money. And maybe more feeding Erik the Red, so he has the energy for raping and pillaging.
I'm kind of delirious. It was a long flight.
Back in town. Thankfully, the trees are green again. And some of them are purple.
I got cast in the play...asked Harrington about Friday rehearsal, she said if we have any she'll schedule them after Rogue (and/or company meeting).
Did you change the font size? Everything looks bigger and more grandmother-friendly.
welcome home, jessie! no--didn't change font size. and it appears normal to me still...hmmmmm.
hats mandatory. that could rock because i bought a french beret at a garage sale today. it's really from france! and it's black--uber poetic.
GORGEOUS DAY!
YAY Jessie's home!
Garage sale was pretty fun last year...
& awesome on the tips, Wade.
YUM GOOD WEATHER.
Thanks, guys. Garage sale COULD be awesome. And I'm still excited about spring market.
I figured out the font issue. My dad messed with my computer settings.
Suzanna said something about chair-me shouting obscenities? Weird.
And awesome on the beret. Real French things are always better than pretend French things.
Oh, well, I guess it's sometimes subjective. Remind me to tell my "this is Italian" story again for context.
I got around to looking at the photobucket account -- it's weird how you guys ended up with pictures so very similar to those taken on last year's excursion...the ones on the bridge where Wade is sprawled on the ground, for instance. Casey in the trees. Good stuff.
Oh no!- that he is sick. I'm glad you did though because risks are always worth it ( :
Garage sales really ARE fun but what would we sell? For instance my mom throws away any junk there might be in our house so I don't know... and Wade you've got to teach me your tip tricks because I don't make nearly as much on tips as you do.
I slept all day so no comment on the weather ( :
Ew. Tomorrow is for homework and possibily big, important tests.
And Monday is for school. But the good news is that it's almost April.
Here's the public link to the Hawaii photos I put on Facebook, so Easter may view them without having a facebook: http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2003237&l=51547&id=1447800096
You know, I never did find any kitsch with my name on it. Or, in fact, with anyone's name on it.
jessie--pix are WOW! love the one with jordan in foreground and taro fields behind/below. it's eerie. and the bird-of-paradise w/ the anole (chameleon?) on it--nice juxtaposition. sorry you didn't find any amusing hawaiiana. for the record, my name in "hawaiian" is mooeykayaheelie; my sister's is kayookayahnooah. friends of our family brought back patches in the late 70s that proved that out.
I love essays. They are fun, easy and raise my grade usually. Plus, who doesn't want to write about Mark Antony and Brutus? If you don't, then you have no appreciation for some of the greatest Roman minds ever! I love Cæsar too. He was amazing and shouldn't have been killed. It is all Cassius' fault! Damn him!
But they're all such a bunch of manipulative bastards...& I mean that in a good way. You have to appreciate their craftiness at least a little bit...
WHY DOES THIS SAY MY NAME IS BONNIE?
THAT WAS WEIRD.
It says Kaytee again and I don't know how I fixed it.
I hate blogger.
!
I hate Caesar and I hate essays and I hate everything because we shouldn't have hw during break or it's not really a break.... Katie you and Bonnie are becoming one person..wow!
Haha -- I was really freaked out about how Bonnie was posting on the Roguesite now. It's like when edison people found the xanga site, back in the day. Weiiiird.
Thanks, Easter...that sounds like I missed out on some fantastic kitsch. I loved the lizard, but I have no idea what kind he was. That was in the parking lot of a fish market where my mother bought some ahi to grill for dinner...
What about n00bs and invitations, Wade?
Yeah, maybe not the best, but they were pretty awesome. You have to admit. Plus, Brutus made 2 mistakes in his political life...2! It's hard to find politicians nowadays who haven't made more than 50 mistakes. Brutus rocks, so does Mark Antony.
Ew, shush, Margaret. That's too weird.
& I'm pretty sure Brutus would have made more than two...?
He stabbed Caesar and He marched into a battle. Thats all I know of. You know, Napolean did the same damn thing, olny to the Russians. Maybe the best are doomed to fail. hm.
Joe, think of it this way: it's not that he made only two mistakes, it's that he made two mistakes so huge that history remembers them two millenia later.
I'm sure he made many tiny mistakes. Those were just...memorable.
Plus, the (literal) backstabbing was a pretty big misstep.
What happened to our deeper poetic side that only had to do with our hearts? Why are wars and politics tacking over this little bit of cyberspace that for some short moments stayed away from the harsh reality of humanity...oh where are we headed for dear rogues? ( ;
hahaha.Neplolean was amazing!and full blood Italian I might add! He was a great eader though and did a much better job of almost conquoring the world than Hitler. Nepolean actually conquored. Hitler like a wuss attached the minorities. And gained ALLIES. Napolean didn't have allies, he just took them over. Okay, well he was allies with the British, but thats it!
i have to side with margaret here--it seems joe & wade have begun a virtual version of their tumbling matches.
i'll post afresh today--and since we'll be inviting the newbies to this site in a couple weeks' time, let's try to keep it free of debris.
n00bz.
MUST we clear debris?
Part of the Rogue EXPERIENCE is wading through our virtual mayheme.
hahaha. yeah, we can just delete them after who ever joins, joins. I hate everyone! All the applicants suck! We shouldn't let any of them on! Thay are stupid and idiotic! lol Wade and I wern't really arguing, plus atl;east we were making the effort to go to the site even though no one(Easter) hadn't posted in a week and we were up in the 70's for comments.
I think we should get to 100 comments...dude that would be awesome!
*a before 100
Oh, and sour patch kids really rock my world ( =
100 comments!
100 commennnnnnnts!
i made the letters to send out to our applicants; they'll go out tomorrow. should have gone out today but no one helped or reminded me...grrrrr!
oh! the button supplies are here! come in EVERY morning until the end of time to make buttons for sale at spring market, ok biotches?
and wade, don't do any of your one-letter comments to push us to 100 or YOU'LL
BE
SORRY!
Wow...nothing should be deleted. They won't look back this far.
I laughed out loud with Easter's tumbling comment...this kind of argument is usually what immediately precedes their wrestling.
Oh, God. How are they going to be the oldest Rogues?
(sinister music plays...)
Wow, now we are over 80
Where are we gonna meet this Friday? Because we will have a HUGE group!
You are ALL awkward virgins!
EVEN FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO REALLY AREN'T.
o_o
They aren't the oldest; mental age is far more important than physical. And so I'm pretty sure Joe is going to remain seven for the END OF ALL TIME.
I like the sinister music. And Kaytee is right.
And Friday is going to be cool and weird. I have not been to a Rogue meeting in several weeks and it makes me sad.
I am rebuilding my contacts list. Sigh.
Can I bring Copulating Blues in for class, Easter? We can study them as limericks. Aren't those the lewd ones?
Oh, man -- did you listen to it?
...because we should totally have a Copulatin' Blues-centered party.
Count Down! 9
Plus Napolean was short1 He had short man's complex which helped him become the great leader that he was. It's the reason kids made fun of him on the paly groud. I'm not even kidding. he word large boots when riding horses to make him seem taller. he was short and awesome.
8
^just so you guys get the idea.
I haven't listened to the actual songs yet, but I've looked at the lyrics and they are HIGHLY amusing.
Wow we just might get to a 100!( =
Well, relook over you statment, you said, "He WAS short." yeah, and even if he were taller than the average man, I can still say hes short(only I would be saying that in comparission to modern times). Yeah, this in comment 97 I think.
i've got the blues.
the copulatin' blues.
Haha. Poor Easter. I hope not.
Gar! I thought I would get to know WEDNESDAY but I have to wait 'til THURSDAY! This is pissing me off.
For once, I want decisions made for me.
And I want socialized education.
This is comment 100! Yeah!!! I got it and you guys don't! Muahahahahahahahaha.
Like 101 DALMATIONS.
Easter: & IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE AN AWKWARD VIRGIN (insert sign language here).
|------|
v |..| v
u
\-/
+ #
(done with fingers)
and there we have it. Awkward virgin!
|------|
v |..| v
...u
..\-/
that's better.
Duh. Wait! We don't. I feel bad now. I have to come up with one. Okay, we BSL! We could ask BSL to let us borrow that room just for this week! So, what are your thoughts? I feel better now.
I think we should go back to the start this weak and have our meeting at Shades of Brown. That would be true Rogue ( :
now, sleeeeeeeeeeeep...
hahaha. we won't go to S.o.B. because it doesn't have a big enough room for.....16 people.
We cpuld do it in Easter's room ,but that would feel like class to me. Since I am in his class.
...on the letters to our applicants i said that our 'inclement weather' plan is to meet in my room. we can put on a pot or 2 of coffee.
i'm still hoping for zink park, but yeah--the back-up is my room.
Damn. I was hoping for the pavilion at Zink, because I love storms.
SoB is too small. And Easter's room is way preferable to BSL...it's very old-school Rogue. Before SoB there was Easter's room. That was back before Easter would read his poetry, though. Back with April and Baily and Tuesday meetings and weirdness.
Weeeeeird.
But storms and poetry would be the best combination :[
You're so right, Kaytee.
Maybe with some coffee or DP along with those things, I would fall into some kind of ecstasy-induced coma.
Well, there is always a full night after Rogue to enjoy the storm!
Tuesday meetings....weird indeed.
Are you going to Read Easter? I ask from the stand poin that you are much more open with Rouge than other students. And Friday, we will have 7 normal students attending.
Ha. Seven wannabe Rogues. Are those normal students? Maybe. I guess.
We have a lot of comments.
I hope it storms like hell this weekend.
Either to suit my mood or to celebrate. I don't know which yet.
The other two contracted glaucoma. As a direct result of this catastrohpy, they can't come. It's very sad.
nine. we've invited nine. dunno how many will actually show, but it could be all nine. current staff can travel on to zink's pavilion post-meeting if it's not storming (just raining) to discuss the applicants, bond, read, whuteva.
Post a Comment
<< Home