Saturday, March 17, 2007

Oxley & Other Options

Ok.

We talked about Oxley. People may have suggestions for other Spring Break Rogue Events. (?) Here's the "blank" post I promised. Comment your interests and availabilities.

Something to consider: Sunday is the ONLY "guaranteed" sunny day. Monday - Saturday have at least a 40% chance of rain/storms EACH day. And I don't know how fun it would be to do a "Rogue goes to the mall (or other dry place)" event. We did that once (Woodland) and though our goal was a photo shoot, it was strange...and we learned that taking staged photos in the mall will get mall security on your tail. For some reason, they don't like it.

Heart 12,

Easter

15 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Grr I work all day on Sundays...no fair. You guys better make Rogue plans for next week that everybody can make,....please / =

3/17/2007 05:25:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I can't go Sunday but any other day I am good for. So...NOT SUNDAY! Mall photo shoot, that sounds fun! and or.......Rogue goes Bike Riding......Rogue goes....picnicing/rock climbing at a cool park if there is another one besides Zinc w/ rocks. So yeah. NO SUNDAY!

3/17/2007 05:51:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

I want to climb things and explore and possibly get attacked by wild beasts of questionable origin! It would be FUN.

Sunday I'm out of town but I'm coming back Monday...& it looks like the majority of everyone can't go Sunday too...if we plan around the rain or if no one minds getting wet (Event: Rogue Chases Thunderstorms! DUN DUN DUN) it could work another day...

3/17/2007 06:08:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

...let's agree NOT to do anything until mid-week. who knows? maybe the weather forecast will get more specific and we'll have large windows of dry within which we can work.

3/17/2007 06:38:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

We should go to a place where people only walk and it's crowded...it's so perfect outside, or maybe drift store shopping because that could never be not fun ( :

3/18/2007 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

I idea.....lets go to the zoo on Tuesday rain or shine. We can bring unmrellas and there are alot of in-door stuff. It would be the perect amount of wet and dry. Plus, we can see some of Easter's exotic family members....the rats! hahahahahaha I like Tuesday. Anyone on!?

3/18/2007 12:53:00 AM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

(is enjoying watching a group of rogues ACTUALLY put a plan together w/o his input)

3/18/2007 01:04:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

All of this sounds wonderful but I have to work from 5 on tuesday...maybe i can get off.../ =

3/18/2007 03:44:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Heres how it is planned. We are going to the Zoo Tuesday. Once there and after picnicing and touring we shall decide on if we have enough energy remaing to visit Oxley.

It has been set.

Next...TIME! and Food.

Post your prefered time and food to bring(post the food YOU WILL BRING). Oh! And time- lets narrow down arrival time to not before 8:00a.m. and not after 1:00.

Margret- get off work.

I say......11:00a.m. and Chips, cookies and dry cereal that everyone likes. Your turn. Time and food!

3/18/2007 05:49:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

...i will serve to sum up what it looks like people are settling on: event on tuesday in mohawk park (both zoo & oxley are in mohawk park). meet at a central location to carpool around 11:00a and bring lunch.

could i suggest Sears as the carpool destination?

3/18/2007 08:59:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I can't get off work and it doesn't look like we will be back before 5 so count me out...)':

3/18/2007 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

what if we slate our time to run from 11:00a - 4:00p? that would give margaret time to get to work...and i don't really think you guys are going to want more than 5 hours in the park complex anyhow...especially considering it looks like rain.

3/19/2007 06:52:00 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I get to come! ( :

3/19/2007 01:33:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

gonna make a new post now.

3/19/2007 04:19:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

I am returned!
SO MUCH PLANNING OCCURED IN MY ABSENCE.
I'm crying proud tears of parental joy because you guys PLANNED. Like normal people. Oh joyous day!
99% sure I can come & whatnot, I'll just clear it up with my mom later.

3/19/2007 04:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home