Monday, March 19, 2007

Tuesday Zoo/Oxley = ?

Here is an update based on what I can gather from comments to the previous post:

Tomorrow at 11:00a--if you can--meet at 21st/Yale Sears; we'll caravan to Mohawk Park. Be in the bottom part of lot that faces 21st St. Have your cell phones on in case you can't locate the group.

Bring your lunch & we'll eat in the park. There are a couple of shelters where we can eat if it's raining.

The group in attendance will decide--based on weather, primarily--whether to go to Oxley (free, but completely outdoors) or the zoo ($6.05 indoor/outdoor). If you've got a camera, bring it.

CONDITIONS:
(1.) If people start backing out for any reason and the # drops below 4 (3+ me), the gig is off.
(2.) If the weather turns really nasty--stormy, not just rainy--the gig is off.
EXPLANATIONS:
(1.) It stops being a Rogue Event if there are too few people and turns into me (teacher) running around w/ you (students) in a social setting...can you say AWKWARD?
(2.) Ultimately, we have to hold safety as our priority. If the weather is volatile, it's reckless for me to encourage your getting out in an open environment; further, I would expect your parents would elect to veto the gig at the last minute for inclement weather.

Heart 12,

Easter

14 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Got it! Now I just need to decide what food to bring / :

3/19/2007 06:36:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

EXCITING.
So is Margaret's vision of a Rogue potluck happening or are we just getting our own food suppliments?
& where is the rain?! I've been waiting ALL DAY and still no rain. :[

3/19/2007 09:37:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Yeah, Wade is picking me up at...10:00a.m. and we are going to Target for a while. If you see him tomorrow around 11 and I am not with him...come get me!

3/19/2007 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

please dress appropriately! wear clothes that are resilient and that, if become stained, won't be a huge loss.

and don't forget your lunch & drink!

raincoat/umbrella...?

3/20/2007 08:49:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Dang. I'm sorry to miss the Oxley trip...that was really fun last January. It was very few of us, then, too. Raul, Katrina, Tina, Jessie, Easter...the pictures are great. You guys had better take cameras. Better have taken cameras? Oh, dear. It's 8 a.m. here, but I think you're post-event, already. Or at least mid-event.

I read all the comments since I left. It was amazing to see you guys plan. That was unexpected and gives me hope for next year.

I hadn't really considered the man-eating plant in that dream I had as significant, mainly because it was a Rogue setting, I think. I really just interpreted it as danger coming from some other source than where I expected it.

Hawaii is nice. It's sunny and tropical, but it also rains every day -- the kind of rain where you don't need an umbrella -- and the sky is scattered patches of blue and purple and grey. Yesterday we drove five miles (47 mins) down this road that was unpaved and MADE OF potholes...we all looked like bobbleheads...at the end of the road was this beach either no one knew about or no one cared to brave the road for...cliffs, 5-7 foot waves...much too dangerous to swim in. Wading was a struggle. But very pretty. I'll bring you guys pictures.

Hope you have (had) fun at Oxley.
Heart12.

3/20/2007 01:27:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

jessie: YOU MUST get some cheesy, tacky thing that has your name on it followed or underscored by your name in hawaiian (with pronunciation, of course). maybe a patch or a mini license plate! YES. i hope you see this before you depart.

i'm in the process of getting a photobucket account; i'll get pix up pronto.

heart12

3/20/2007 04:42:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

ok. got an account. called it grammarpro. the password is mohawkpark (one word) there are 27 pictures, each named oxley - oxley26. be SURE to see oxley5, oxley7, and oxley11. they're my favs.

now, folks--there are BAD pix of all of us. i was equally fair and cruel. if there is any picture you REALLLLLLY hate, tell me, and i'll delete it. please don't delete anything yourself--which you could totally do because i've given you the password.

heart12

3/20/2007 05:08:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

THE STALKER SELECTION IS THE BEST PART.

I really love the one where we're in Oxley and we're standing staggered.

&...today was FUN.

3/20/2007 10:22:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Ahh the pics are so artsy...love them! ( : Casey, can you say Super model! You look so pretty ( : and we all look so depressed and poetic hehe

Concert todaaaay!<333

3/21/2007 12:11:00 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

The Hush Sound.... today rocked.
I like Zorocon and Zoracon.

3/21/2007 12:32:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Wade shared some of the pics with me, but later I'll get on and see the photobucket pics. Wow. Those poses so remind me of last year. And Casey in the tree branches is a lot less creepy and corpse-like than when Raul did it.

I'll look for Kitsch, Easter. And Wade, I come back on Saturday morning.

3/21/2007 01:17:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Rogues are getting jobs. It has yet to be decided how much of a bad thing this is.

I've been telling my job app places (if they ask) that I have a "class" Friday...I might be a little bit of a terrible person because of this?

3/21/2007 08:58:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Not at all...I lie to my boss too...We all do it ( ;

3/22/2007 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

We definatly all don't do it, because we all don't have jobs. But by next year, I have a feeling that all Rogues will have a job. We are so ambitious........ Just like Caesar.

3/22/2007 12:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home