Fundraising...
OK. We have about 2.5 weeks 'til Spring Market. That's not a lot of time. How I want that to translate to you is...P-A-N-I-C! We need to be meeting every morning for button and/or jewelry smithing. We also need to buy some t-shirts to Rogue up. Our goal for Spring Market is to sell all things Rogue, including our publication leftovers ($2ea or $3ea for limited run autographed copies). I want our stock to be thick so our customers have a large selection.
In addition to morning opportunities for making buttons/jewelry, we need to slate some blocks of time on weekends and after school. Here are some proposed dates/times. Agree to come to at least 2.
(1) Sunday, 4/8 @ Easter's from 5:30p - 8:00p.
(2) Tuesday, 4/10 in Easter's room from 4:00p - 6:00p.
(3) Wednesday, 4/11 in Easter's room from 4:00p - 6:00p.
(4) Thursday, 4/12 in Easter's room from 4:00p - 6:00p.
(5) Saturday, 4/14 @ Easter's from 1:00p - ?
(6) Tuesday, 4/17 in Easter's room from 4:00p - 6:00p.
(7) Thursday, 4/19 in Easter's room from 4:00p - ? (arrangement, set-up, prep)
A few people will be needed on Friday, 4/20, to help me square off a spot outside (w/ tape). All will be needed for shift work on Saturday, 4/21, and I'll post the times of the shifts when we get closer to our venue.
I will make a calendar of work events; if you comment that you can come on certain dates, I will put you on the calendar, and I will expect you to show--please, no last minute conflicts. Missing a work event is BoDable.
Last thing: This Friday, we will meet at Woodward (that's what I put in the letters to the new Rogues) with our combined staff. It's gonna be huge: 12, including me. That true, let's plan on 2 poems each rather than 3. You can bring 3 or 4 or 71--but I can't guarantee they'll get read. Please bring material that represents solid effort. I do NOT want any writing happening while people are reading. I'm usually laid back about that because I, too, sometimes need to do last minute alterations...but seriously: Let's aim to correct this. And as for this week, if you want to do anything (hang out, get MORE coffee, go to a movie, etc.) after our meeting, do it as the '06-'07 staff. I don't want kids making last minute phone calls to parents/guardians asking if their 5:30p-ending-meeting can spill on into the night.
That is all.
Heart12,
Easter
In addition to morning opportunities for making buttons/jewelry, we need to slate some blocks of time on weekends and after school. Here are some proposed dates/times. Agree to come to at least 2.
(1) Sunday, 4/8 @ Easter's from 5:30p - 8:00p.
(2) Tuesday, 4/10 in Easter's room from 4:00p - 6:00p.
(3) Wednesday, 4/11 in Easter's room from 4:00p - 6:00p.
(4) Thursday, 4/12 in Easter's room from 4:00p - 6:00p.
(5) Saturday, 4/14 @ Easter's from 1:00p - ?
(6) Tuesday, 4/17 in Easter's room from 4:00p - 6:00p.
(7) Thursday, 4/19 in Easter's room from 4:00p - ? (arrangement, set-up, prep)
A few people will be needed on Friday, 4/20, to help me square off a spot outside (w/ tape). All will be needed for shift work on Saturday, 4/21, and I'll post the times of the shifts when we get closer to our venue.
I will make a calendar of work events; if you comment that you can come on certain dates, I will put you on the calendar, and I will expect you to show--please, no last minute conflicts. Missing a work event is BoDable.
Last thing: This Friday, we will meet at Woodward (that's what I put in the letters to the new Rogues) with our combined staff. It's gonna be huge: 12, including me. That true, let's plan on 2 poems each rather than 3. You can bring 3 or 4 or 71--but I can't guarantee they'll get read. Please bring material that represents solid effort. I do NOT want any writing happening while people are reading. I'm usually laid back about that because I, too, sometimes need to do last minute alterations...but seriously: Let's aim to correct this. And as for this week, if you want to do anything (hang out, get MORE coffee, go to a movie, etc.) after our meeting, do it as the '06-'07 staff. I don't want kids making last minute phone calls to parents/guardians asking if their 5:30p-ending-meeting can spill on into the night.
That is all.
Heart12,
Easter

29 Comments:
So, yeah, sdorrt I wasn't there this morning. I had YLT. I didn't find out about it till 12:00 last night.
*sorry
...so we're to exclude the newbies from our socialization? How strange.
I intend to be at every work call except those for which I am busy. Which include the 11th (flying with Yann until 8ish), the early part of the 14th meeting (flying with Yann but may be back before "?"p.m.), and almost definitely the 17th and 19th meetings (dress rehearsal and show, respectively -- but I might be called at like 5:30). It would seem that I could come to pieces of all of these meetings.
I'm still kind of freaked out that we (you) have a new staff.
Yay, spring market!
Haha. Yeah, it is Joe's party. I knew I was going to be with Rogues that night. And other, less cool, people.
Rogues are better than people in general.
Uh. I'm fairly certain I can be at pretty much...all of the dates. I may have to come a little later this Sun, but that's depending on other things that day. Yeeeeeeah.
why is it that ALL THREE female rogues to comment mentioned their commitment to meetings and BOTH male rogues failed to do so and instead made comments that are completely self-centered? maybe it's a good thing we brought out 3 more females to staff...
So, I will miss the dates of the play also. Sundays should be good for me, but this Sunday...... Well, I think i can go to the majority if not all of the dates. Guster tonight! Easter should stop by my party! Mr. Haley is going to and Ms. Johnson will if you will! Come on! It'll be fun. There will be adults there for you to talk to.
Plus, you don't have to stay long.
Mr Haley is probably going to hole up in his bathroom with armed body guards stationed outside because HE FEARS YOU WILL COME AFTER HIM.
That poor man.
& good luck Raul etc etc
Yeah, he has stated before, "Fear? What is that? I have no fear." I doubt he'll be scared.:-) Cold Front Firday. That sucks. Looks like it is going to be inside. maybe.
Yeah, it's kind of cold right now, too.
Girls > boys. At planning and commitments theretofore related.
I don't know if I used that correctly, but felt like it anyway.
I don't have any Mr. Haley quotes. But I will say "Guster is for lovers."
I think he was just saying that. Denial, you know.
YUM Guster.
& I despise this cold front business. IT IS TERRIBLE.
The library didn't call me back.
:[
How many time am I allowed to call them until it's considered unacceptable?
Kaytee, just keep on trying, things or only unacceptable to people who arn't open to it. It, in this case, being you calling.
I think, theretofore can is the past tense of heretofore. I think it works like this. Heretofore(from now on...) and Theretofore(from one point in the past to another) Ex. Theretofore the Catholic Church was courrupted until the era of the 5 Bad Popes was finished.
Is that how it works? I do know one thing, words like heretofore, theretofore, nevertheless, and henceforth were created in using the same techniques as the German language. They, one they had a language set, simple added words together to create new words. We do it in English alot. AKA-many compound words.
Now that "theretofore" has peeked my interest, I looked it up. I think it can only be used when preceded or followed by a verb. And maybe it even has to be "is." In a past congigation I'm guessing.
I can only make the dates on Thursdays and Fridays because the rest are filled with work…maybe we can do some Mondays?
Raul goooood luck. I know you will do amazing and soon we’ll be watching you on TV! ( :
Casey I really hope life gets it right soon and goes the correct way <333 and Joe what the f*** were you thinking? That is the longest most worthless comment ever put on this blog that wasted minutes of my precious time to read ( ; grrr! Now sleep….
Fake ID. lol
Yeah, I felt like ranting, and Mrargret, maybe you actually learned something out of it. hahaha, actually, probably not. Oh well. The concert was awesome. Whendo the younglings get the site address?
No, we only wanted to do that to you. Hope ther are no hard feelings, we just wern't sure if we wanted to have to talk to you more than we already do. lol, I'm just kidding, it's just that you slipped our minds, if only you could now. Just kidding....again. I feel like insulting people. Wade, you're dumb!
I meant "thereto", and not theretofore at all. Becuase thereto seems to be rather like a relative pronoun, whereas theretofore is very much like an adverb, which was inappropriate for that sentence. Thanks for the grammar, Joe. Should have been proofreading.
I don't know what I was thinking. I was probably thinking about how many guitar picks Adam was going to clip to his mic stand. That happens to me somtimes, before Guster.
Brilliant. Now my ears are ringing and I am sleepy.
OR you could make the newbies do what you assigned US, and that is to find a way that all the Rogues could be notified about meetings. We suggested a blog.
And then it was our job to find a new ..."venue"... after xanga was so mercilessly websensed.
TOMORROW is FRIDAY.
I'm psyched.
What, nobody's in love?
I guess that has to wait 'til tomorrow?
I don't care if monday's blue
tuesday's grey and wednesday too
thursday I don't care about you
it's friday I'm in love
monday you can fall apart
tuesday wednesday break my heart
thursday doesn't even start
it's friday i'm in love
saturday wait
and sunday always comes too late
but friday never hesitate...
I loooove the cure<333
The Cure....I hear so much about them...but I can't remember who they are. Damn my not listening to enough music!
Friday! SOON!
But homework......now. Ah! But first, up to school to makae fun of teachers who are pointlessly forced to hold parent teacher confrences. Muahaha.
It was 80 degrees the other day.
AND NOW IT IS FREEZING.
I want to know what the hell happened.
But: yaaaaaay Friday.
so...you all know we're going to BsL, right?
thought so.
just wanted to be sure you have a few hours' heads-up.
Oklahoma should stop happening.
BSL.
Brazillian Sign Language!
BSL
Basterd Sons of Lepurs
Big Silly Lemurs
Botox for Smiling Lips
Black Satin lanyards
Before Shit you get on my Shit-list
That doesn't work, oh well. It was fun.
Uh...poor new Rogues. Their first meeting, at such a terrible meetingplace.
Way to make crappy executive decisions, Easter.
I hope you're reading this at home, because you should go watch that video streaming on my brother's blog...a parody of "My Humps"...
sadkingjonathan.blogspot.com
Poetry written on Black Eyed Peas?
Maybe not the greatest idea.
"My Humps" spin off......creepy. and odd.
Bithday party! Yeah! 16 hours...ish. Stress the ish. I'm not willing to figure it out in my head. So, everyone is going right? EASTER! You sad excuse of a man-bitch, you need to come, even if just for a minute or two. Just to show. Do it. Just do it. Please.
I het how blogger doesn't remember the posting name anymore. And now I upgreaded? to the new version and I have to type in my gmail thing. It takes longer to type that stuff in than it does to write a message. Damn.
ya'll can just shut up about BsL. or not come.
yeah. shut up or don't come.
burn!
I'll definitely be there. Not even BSL could nullify the effects of Rogue. I mean, we could probably meet at McDonald's and I'd still have fun. And I loathe that place.
What IS amusing is how Easter is wholly unresponsive to the idea of dropping by Joe's birthday -- to the extent that he won't acknowledge Joe's calling him a -- what was it? -- sad excuse for a man-bitch. I think that might have been a compliment. If "man-bitch" was offensive, then surely it is positive to not be good at being one?
Post a Comment
<< Home