Back at it...
OK. Starting tomorrow we've got to get back at it: Clear the hallways of our signs and get notes sent out to our applicants. I NEED HELP DOING THESE THINGS. Drop by either before or after school to see where you can help out. No excuses. Come either before or after school TOMORROW--MONDAY. The pressure is off EVERYONE once we get new staff, so warm up your dedication and get connected this week. We need to invite the applicants to an after-school event THIS FRIDAY so we can get the process started. This Friday's meeting will begin in my classroom. We'll talk with the applicants about what it's like being a staffer, level of commitment, etc. You all can mingle (I'll have snacks, coffee) to get an idea of what the applicants are like (everyone will have nametags).It'll be a short getting-to-know-you meeting where the applicants will be asked to bring some samples of their writing. We'll hold them no longer than about 20 minutes. Then the current staff can begin reading their samples--we can go off campus for that. The goal for Friday is to PICK our 4ish-5 new staffers. Seriously. It needs to happen Friday. LISTEN: If you are not there Friday, you will not be involved in the decision making. And you'll get BoD'd, of course. More importantly, you will not be involved in the decision making. If you want a voice, be there. This is ample heads-up.
To review: Come in tomorrow before or after school to help with notes to applicants. Come Friday to meet/greet and help make the decision of who's on staff.
Do it.
Easter
To review: Come in tomorrow before or after school to help with notes to applicants. Come Friday to meet/greet and help make the decision of who's on staff.
Do it.
Easter

29 Comments:
I'm excited, to say the least.
Name tags? lol Also I think we'll need more than 20 min to meet everybody so it doesn't feel rushed. In addition it would be cool to hear their poetry from them not us trying to read it. Last time Bailey and I couldn't read the examples on some of the applications right which resulted to us not taking them seriously. Maybe we should have like a mini Rogue night with the applicants where we have snacks and in a circle read our poetry. That way they’ll get the feeling of what we do every Friday and we’ll know how they fit in.
I think I'll be there after school Monday
* and
...well, here's the thing Margaret: I like what you said about the mini rogue night, but ultimately what I need to see from you guys is how you interact. Everyone's poetry improves once they join rogue, so having some sample material is just a formality to prove the applicants DO write. If we did a circle reading and some people read well because they're confident but didn't get offered a spot, they might wonder why. Likewise, if someone is all nerves and reads badly, it might make us hesitate on them where maybe we shouldn't.
No, for now, I want to leave things as just a meet/greet Friday. We'll say the event will last until 4:15p. That'll give just over 30 minutes. ...5 minutes to arrive after school, ten minutes to get a drink and snack, and 20 minutes to mingle.
I'm HERE and I'm also THERE Monday morning.
okay but we also must remember that friday is JBB and we simply must have time for that too
Oh crap! I will not be there if JBB is this Friday and I don't think most poeple will want to come either....Maybe we should wait till the week after?
crappppp!
ok. it'll have to be thursday. can we do that? thursday? i don't have an acabowl game that day since our regular season has ended...
thursday?
thursday!!!
we should do it thursday.
that would be soooo much easier!!
oh and look i am commenting.
haha
Yes but I work at 6 that day. Things should be over by then though, right?
Thursday = good.
Thurday is muuuuch better. I was totally about to flip out 'cause there is NO way I could do it friday with JBB the same night.
Are we inviting ALL the applicants?
UPDATE: Notes went out today...except for a few for people who were absent or otherwise unaccounted for during seventh hour. Big thanks to Margaret & Bailey for finalizing Wade's letter and sending it out; also to Joe & KT for getting the schedules this a.m. What's this? TEAMWORK? OMG!
Theday had almost come.
Okie-Dokie. I delivered Alan's paper in person, but I gave Parsons Brook's paper. I now hope that wasn't a mistake, and that he didn't forget... I'd feel so bad if she didn't get hers on account of his forgetfulness...
...I'm putting this as a comment so I can delete it in the future: After reviewing Joe's notes and talking with Margaret, KT, and Suzanna, it looks like we will likely be inviting the following applicants for staff positions: Casey J. (fr XX), Brooke B. (soph XX), Jamie B. (soph XX), Alan A. (soph XY), and Paloma F. (jr. XX).
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
meet 2mrw? but of course! even if there aren't many of us...
...which is to say that those of us who MATTER will be there.
take that you dirty JBBers!
I my be going to JBB, but I'll still come to the meeting. Biotches.
Whateverrrrrrr
That's a lot of new staffers...
Happy JBBing (I guess).
I just thought I'd come remind you guys of the anniversary of our most spectacularly-cancelled RogueNight. Last year, we had that Wednesday with the mass panic of everybody going home from school early because of the blizzard, after having come to school with 70 degrees outside.
As I recall, selected Rogues were at school pretty late tying ribbons around the magazine? I think this was the night we had the conversation about strippers singing "happy birthday"...I don't know if anyone else remembers that.
I ramble, when I should be writing a paper. This is why I fail at life (and college).
no, that's why you succeed at procrastinating. Haf full, not empty.
half*
so...new post?
When are we sending out letters? Peoples has been askin' about them. And are we inviting them to this Friday Rogue?
Where are we meeting this Friday and will the newbs get to come?
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hey - congrats on your new Rogues!
Or, hey - congrats to you new Rogues!?
I guess it depends on the readership.
At any rate, I look forward to meeting them at some point.
Post a Comment
<< Home