Bonjour, ya'll...
OK. The title hails from my visit to Paris, TX on Fri/Sat where the slogan is, no lie, "Bonjour, ya'll." I thought it was AMAZING kitsch. I wanted to find really tacky souvenirs to bring back to my rogues, but apparently they don't exist. I wanted shot glasses or post cards at least, but everything was really "straight." And the ONE person I asked where I might find "tacky Paris, TX souvenirs" said, "--I don't know" and gave me a sour look. I think he thought I was being a jerk. And I SO wasn't. Anyhow...
First thing is this: Suzanna--I talked with the morning/lunch rogues (KT, Baybay, Joe, Margo), and we all agree that out of respect for your potential health crises, you're no longer a candidate for BoDs. We want you always to come but will just take you when we can get you--no pressure. Consider it a well wish to health and happy birthday. Everyone is worried about you but has good faith that you are blessed.
Next, I certainly missed Friday! We need some solid poetry time. That true, may I PLEASE get a Gypsy this Friday? I always feel like we settle down and read poetry there.
I got word in an email from KC last week that her mom has begun chemo and began losing hair; as a result, she voluntarily shaved her head. I think that's a great example of her fierce attitude and determination NOT to be beaten by her cancer. I don't want to make this sound like a sermon, but let's all keep her family in our thoughts.
Heart 12,
Easter
First thing is this: Suzanna--I talked with the morning/lunch rogues (KT, Baybay, Joe, Margo), and we all agree that out of respect for your potential health crises, you're no longer a candidate for BoDs. We want you always to come but will just take you when we can get you--no pressure. Consider it a well wish to health and happy birthday. Everyone is worried about you but has good faith that you are blessed.
Next, I certainly missed Friday! We need some solid poetry time. That true, may I PLEASE get a Gypsy this Friday? I always feel like we settle down and read poetry there.
I got word in an email from KC last week that her mom has begun chemo and began losing hair; as a result, she voluntarily shaved her head. I think that's a great example of her fierce attitude and determination NOT to be beaten by her cancer. I don't want to make this sound like a sermon, but let's all keep her family in our thoughts.
Heart 12,
Easter

14 Comments:
Ahh tooo much in one post! Well Easter did you get a new car? Also should we start emailing casey and what is her email? Does her mom need money for a whig?
Gypsy sounds good to me ( = Most of us need to be downtown for a concert anyway ( =
Hex yeah, Gypsy is good. Blue October later! I'm psyched.
I'm glad Casey's mom seems to be staying as strong as she possibly can be right now.
Did the people of Paris, TX say it like 'bon-JUR'?
Go KC! She gives me hope in humanity.
Gypsy sounds great.
Yeah for new car!
Casey and I are in town for Thanksgiving -- is there any Roguing planned?
I think Casey gets in the Saturday before Thanksgiving, and I'm not driving home until that Tuesday night. I need to drive back on Friday in the early afternoon (probably) but my schedule is partially determined by the boys I'm driving home...
let's totally get our rogue on while jessie and kc are in town. ladies, you pick the time.
will i see anyone in the a.m.? we need to manage the signs that are up and put MORE. did you hear the announcement today? has anyone seen wade?!
Ok. I'll talk to Casey about it, and report back.
I'm going to be gone for Thanksgiving! I'm so sad that I'll miss Jessie and Casey. :(
morning is a yes.
Thanks Rogues, you guys truly shine like bulb lights.
I should be there in the morning, depending on if I am finishing writting an article for satellite or not.
Man, I need a study hall.
Thanksgiving! COming so soon! I can't wait. But then again, I might, because after all. BLUE OCTOBER IS FRIDAY!
ok, I'm guilty of stalking the site. and p.s. If u didn't know..I love you guys!
how about a traditional friday meeting after thanksgiving?
trad meeting next friday sounds good to me. kc will be in the desert w/ family and others may not be free to detach from commitments, but the rest of us can meet...and all should TRY.
for the second time in as many days...where the hell is wade?
For the Friday after Thanksgiving, early afternoon would be awesome.
I have to drive back to Norman that afternoon/night, 'cause Bedlam is on Saturday.
You mixed up me and Casey again!
I thought you had broke free of that habit, Easter. For shame.
LOL! what's going on? kt kc...kc kt. dunno. i think i'll start calling one of you burlap.
Post a Comment
<< Home