I just got to thinkin'...
Hi Folks,
It's 9:51a, Sunday morning, and I just got to thinkin' 'bout US. The school year has been hella busy so far, and we haven't done enough bonding to be the 'us' we need to be in order to accomplish our fall goals: Creeps Carnival, Rogue Halloween, & publication/Rogue Night. So what to do? I kind of want you guys to figure that out, but I'll give you some ideas so you know where I'm going with this: jewelry building, oxley/mohawk (rough on the sinuses right now, though), morning meetings, etc.
We've got an app to review this Friday. It's from Jamie Bruner--she has been interested since LAST year and even was in my doomed poetry class this year. The app is in the RogueBox, so come by and read it this week so we can see about inviting her to this week's Rogue (or next week's or whuteva).
Big Heart12,
Easter
It's 9:51a, Sunday morning, and I just got to thinkin' 'bout US. The school year has been hella busy so far, and we haven't done enough bonding to be the 'us' we need to be in order to accomplish our fall goals: Creeps Carnival, Rogue Halloween, & publication/Rogue Night. So what to do? I kind of want you guys to figure that out, but I'll give you some ideas so you know where I'm going with this: jewelry building, oxley/mohawk (rough on the sinuses right now, though), morning meetings, etc.
We've got an app to review this Friday. It's from Jamie Bruner--she has been interested since LAST year and even was in my doomed poetry class this year. The app is in the RogueBox, so come by and read it this week so we can see about inviting her to this week's Rogue (or next week's or whuteva).
Big Heart12,
Easter

39 Comments:
Rogue=mangled. Bonding is a great idea. Give everyone morning passes!
YES to morning passes. The lady by the cafeteria knows I'm not in your freshman english and thus knows I do not have any quizes to make up (as my pass currently says). She is foiling my plans!
When it's more FALL-y and less ALLERGY-y we should def. do Oxley, because the trees will be nice colours. :)
And wow, I'm knitting?! WEIRD.
MORNING PERMA-PASSES, HELL YEAH
i agree with the oxley idea.
and who is this with the application
ya morning passes...excellent. i already have one though...but everytime i use it miss connely gives me the evil eye, i'm afraid that if the other teachers weren't there she might eat me or somthing.
oxly is so fun! we should definatly go there. and jamie is pretty cool, i am really exited she is applying.
wade, don't fool yourself. We all know you can't hold onto a permapass.
So, I just found out we're out on October 5 for fall break -- and by fall break, I mean OU-Texas weekend. It's a holiday in Norman. Are you guys in school, and is that going to be an alumni meeting?
I'm thinking I'll be back in Tulsa that whole weekend.
I have a rehersal on the 5th....and 6th, and 7th...... but not all day. And no clue if we are in or out of school.
18th and 19th, I just checked.
we are definitely IN school that day--but though i say "we", "I" am actually thinking of taking that day off and having a garage sale.
but of course i would close down the sale in time to meet with rogue.
and Yes to alumni week!
EASTER you were just on the news. It's like your famous now. :O
and that particular footage is so old (if you are citing what was shown on channel 6) that the students in my classroom were THEN sophomores and are now approx. juniors in college! LOL!
Sweet.
Guess I'll be seeing you guys pretty soon, then.
<312.
I was wondering about that; the classroom you were in was def. different, like woah.
oh, and one of the kids in my classroom in the footage has since killed himself. yeah. and my last-year intern Miss Largent could be seen walking through the hallway as a then-current student.
i think i need to email channel 6 and suggest they go ahead and permanently archive THAT stock footage.
no kidding.
BTW- I'm sick! 102 temp. but, I think I am getting over it, my temp has started going down, and I am getting energy back. It was pretty bad yesterday though(25th).
Where we goin' this Fridaaaay?
And are we inviting Application Girl?
well, we now have Application Girl AND Application Boy, so i don't think we'll invite 'em this week, but we need to talk 'bout 'em.
let's go to gypsy. i miss that place.
KEO was sooo amazing! Rich people are funny ( =
Gypsy sounds fun, I simply cannot wait! Also lets not forget we HAVE to have 3 poems this week. Ahhh!
I feel better. I think it was a 24 hour virus.
Already have my 3.
Gypsy=good. But no car for me anymore...
Oh em gee Application Boy too! The world is raining Application PEOPLE.
It's too early for me to be expected to function properly. :(
Glad Joe isn't dying like we told everyone that asked and what is KEO, Margaret?
2MRWz F!
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hey guys,
As part of an assignment for my writing class I am suppose to have at least 5 people outside class read or listen to a poem, and get their responses.
You have already heard this, (though I edited it some) but could you please read it and write a short response for me?
There are no guidelines for the responses, basically anything you say (as long as you put some minimal effort into it) will be great.
Thanks so much!!!!!
Casey
P.S. questions are fine too
Mother, Sister, Daughter, I glimpse eternity
in the crescent moon of your brows,
and the half-skirted flowers that twirl in your eyes.
So young, you have learned the sadness
that comes with your woman beauty.
From now, I will protect you with my heart.
All my hunger and thirst will be abated in your eyes.
I will spend eternity as the willow, my hair swaying with the whispers
from Grandmothers’ blessings, and you cradled in my arms.
They took the world from us, tried to cut from us
the Earth and the Moon and the Tides
-told us we must follow Men’s time.
Little Mother, barefoot Daughter
you were too young when the time came
and the price of womanhood was paid.
So let me soothe the wound, and hold you
like a wind that wails as long as women live.
Wrap your legs ‘bout me, and I will hold you tight
an we will move like waves tonight,
for eternity we will live their ways no more.
I miss you so much Casey.
Responce:
Because of the wording I had to read a few stanzas over again. And it is amazing.
Favorite stanzas- 5&6
Favorite line- 3
Favorite metaphor- Lines 9&10
One of the most non-shalant feminie poems. Also, I think it would connect with alot of people in many ways. Awesome.
thanks Joe : )
FYI, I'm in town this weekend until early Sunday afternoon. I'm seeing Spoon tomorrow night with JP - and don't have my car with me.
I'll still be here next weekend for Roguing, but give me a call if you have some free time tomorrow afternoon.
kc--i think what i love most about this is the mothering comfort you evoke through your patterning of phrases. it's not like a lullaby, exactly, but it has those long, smooth phrases that remind me of a gentle coo-ing that mothers make when their children are upset. of course, i love the goddess worship here, too. it is very empowering. i wonder: did you write this about your sister getting her first menstrual cycle? i like the imagery a lot, especially the crescent moon, willow, and wound. it's just so good to hear you again.
Casey: I love the 5th stanza--the distinction of the Men's time is an interesting idea and also very true. And I love the "Grandmother's blessing" part. It's very delicate and comforting.
Also, in other news, I just locked myself out of my car. It was only a matter of time before that happened. :( I don't know where am I supposed to keep an extra key so that I can get back in again?
in your wallet.
What if I leave my wallet in the car?
Or I get pickpocketed? Because that happens so often, you know.
does ur car allow u to keep ur trunk unlocked? b/c that would be a good place to keep a key and/or a coathanger
duct tape it some where under the car. close to the dore. Maybe in the groove under the door.
If you're Raul, you give a key to Easter.
Odly enough, I know Kaytee and Raul look like siblings, but I'm think that Kaytee might not actually be Raul. Just a stab in the dark. lol
It would be weird if I was. Like we were in the same BRAIN.
Secretly, I think all artists are mentally linked but none of them know it. SO TECHNICALLY, right now, I could be having a mental conversation with Salvador Dali and neither of us would realize it...
kaytee just keep it in your house, that way somebody will always be able to go there and get it. that is if you're in town.
I didn't get that Margo was talking about the key at first, I thought she was talking about Kaytee's mind......
HAHA.
Weird.
No, my mom already has one with her at the house but the problem is that she doesn't have a car to bring it to me with...
don't forget: i'm not at school Friday, but i will meet you for Rogue at Zink around 4:15ish. call or txt me. if i need to, i can come by school and take people from there to the park.
pick me! pick me! j/k
Alright, we will see you tomorrow, have fun with the garage sale and grading essays.
Post a Comment
<< Home