July's ending...
So this is going to be the last Rogue Friday in July...you know what that means--!!!! Aaaack!
Based on what was discussed at SoB last Friday, people want to meet at Gypsy, so that'll be that. We have to decide on a time...and based on how behind I am on EVERYTHING, I may have to miss.
Meanwhile, Margaret needs to email me: junkluvr@yahoo.com.
Heart12,
Easter
Based on what was discussed at SoB last Friday, people want to meet at Gypsy, so that'll be that. We have to decide on a time...and based on how behind I am on EVERYTHING, I may have to miss.
Meanwhile, Margaret needs to email me: junkluvr@yahoo.com.
Heart12,
Easter

45 Comments:
WHAT?
You can't miss a meeting. That demotes it from a meeting to a gathering.
T minus three Fridays until moving.
Done
thanks for the itunes help, that would caused me loads of frustration. T-minus 2 for me. No Mr. Easter would-will suck, alas.
Gypsy it is. Alums......will we have a last little get together/party? in about...a week and a half?
So, what date exactally do you leave Casey? I ask you because you're leaving first.......The 6th?????
Sadness about Easter maybe missing? :(
Summer is starting to end. This is upsetting...
For time, what's everyone's work scheds this week?
Did you say Mr.? How odd.
I thought Casey said she left the 13th but I could be wrong because that doesn't match up with her 2 Fridays count.
Always a party, Joe.
And Tina delayed her visit for lack of funds...she's still planning on coming to visit but she doesn't know when.
I leave Tue, Aug. 7
have a 5-7:30 Duke Alum send off Sun,Aug 5
and my nephew Michael is coming Fri evening Aug 3
No! What? One of the last Fridays and there are family engagements? ...oh, well. I bet we stay up later than your nephew Michael. We'll see you after he leaves.
I'm going to Omaha today. Briefly. I might not even get out of the plane. But hey -- Counting Crows, Bright Eyes, and The Faint all originated from Omaha, and I am excited to see it.
So, grammarpro, when did you change your e-mail?
i still have grammarpro, too, joe. some things never change. i just check the other address slightly more often.
Omaha is awesome! my aunt -and I have had some great times there.
Leave? HaHaHaha! no, seriously. It totally looks like he'll be living here...at least for a little while.
I do have to work this Fri., 3-11, I don't have great poetry and I'm thinking u guys might leave me out-I love u so much I need to detach some!!!
also, does anyone know, is it more common for people in military housing to have unlisted numbers?
Actually, I don't work Friday at all, so we could have an earlier meeting?
No me this Friday. It's my moms birthday. Sorry guys, have fun!
...no KC, no margaret. no mention so far from kristen, bailey, wade, and suzanna.
i promise to try harder to be there if the numbers dip threateningly low--but we still haven't settled on a time.
ill be there, god i didnt knhow it was always necessary to post
I will try my best not to miss it.
It's looking like I have two checkrides next week...which means I have review for the flight and oral exams this week with two different instructors. I'll do my best to have only morning things on Friday.
And Easter should totally try harder.
uh, wade--how many THOUSANDS of times have i asked people to please post their intentions?
what a dumbass thing to say.
Easter-1
Wade-0
Ha. I was thinking that, but I had faith Easter would say it.
We've been trying to get everybody to post on the site weekly since Easter first got the xanga... it never seems to work out so well.
You know.....not that nobody get on xanga anymore.........
jessie, i need to be able to say the following in french: 2 blue doors. i think it will be the name of my new antique mall booth.
if you will spell it out and include any accent marks or nuances that won't appear in regular english typeset, that'd be grand.
I'll be there. But I still don't know if we had a time decided? Just list it and I'm in. And I need the adress to Gyspy. Or someone can give me a ride? Easter call me, 748-8904.
Hmm, I think I might need a ride tomorrow too, if anyone can swing it?
I also think I need to write something...
July, July, July-e-y-e.
Never seemed so.....grand.
kt--i can give you a ride. kristen--i can give you a ride home for sure, but getting you there may not work. can you get there if i can get you back home?
and the time will be 3:00p @ gypsy.
for kristen and any who need it, the physical address of gypsy is
303 North Cincinnati Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74103
(918) 295-2181; the email address is gypsycoffee.com.
Thanks, Easter.
If Gypsy has a physical address, does it have an mental one too? O_o
3 at gypsy sounds good.
kristen, I can give you a ride there. I live closest to you. My cell number is 557 6961.
Easter, that's an interesting question...I might ask Jonathan what a native speaker would do. As I learned it, colors are one of those used-incessantly adjective groups that are allowed to go in front of the noun. So, with normal syntax, I think it would be Deux Portes Bleues ("doors" is feminine") but I think it could also work as "Deux Bleues Portes"...I'll get back to you on that.
AND I can make the meeting tomorrow. I guess Easter's coming then, too?
jessie--thanks for checking on it for me. i like (and therefore hope it is) the first option because it has balance and rhyme.
i'm busy from 7a - 12:30p and 1:00-2:15ish, so i'm available for the 3:00p meeting with a loose timeframe for an evening engagement. rogue just works in like a piece of the puzzle.
I might be a little late.
I thing I might be there after all ( =
Yes, the rhyme was what I liked about that version...
When I have time to call Jonathan, I will.
I am SO tired. I got home about three and a half hours ago...
Good story: We went to D-Fest, saw Jacob Ide play starting at 1:00 at 1974...when it was done, went to my car. It was gone. Score! Didn't see the "don't park here, sucka!" sign.
Um...so Joe and I walked all the way across downtown looking for the impound. I called information, got the address in a roundabout way by talking to someone at the police station. Asked a 24-hour bail bondsman for directions.
Walked around the whole impound complex...it's pretty huge. And there are railroad tracks on one side to deal with...?
We finally found the visitors' entrance, and were ferried out to my car via golf cart. Couldn't provide proof that the car was mine. I thought the registration was in there.
Had to go home...only none of our friends who said they'd give us a ride if we couldn't get the car answered their phones. So I called my parents. And they didn't answer. In three calls. As it turns out, my dad turned the ringers off in the bedroom, just like I guessed.
Katherine Alberty finally answered, and came to get us...meanwhile, we were waiting for her at the corner of 3rd and Denver? Which is where that new pavilion thing is happening. Came home at 3:30...
And then I got up at 7 to get a lecture from my parents, and hopefully my car back with all my flight books for whenever Ryan calls.
>.>
wow, I'm so sorry, no wonder u didn't call me.
saw Shining Toy Guns and some other band after, but just barely got to see some of the Flaming Lips.
I parked legally, but someone w/ the band parked behind me, making a T shape w/ just enough space for me to eventually get out.
So ur probably not going to venture back tonight?
Oh, no. It's really unlikely. I was supposed to finish my night-flying last night anyway, because Ryan signed me off to take my test after I left Rogue yesterday...but instead I went to D-Fest. An epic description can be found on xanga and facebook.
And anyone, my parents aren't best pleased. They're not as upset as I thought they'd be, though. I got up this morning and my dad was like "Imagine going to a Greek belly-dancing bar and coming out, drunk, to find your car missing. Now, imagine there was someone who had drugs or alcohol in your car when it was towed. 'Cause that happened to us!" and then I felt better that I hadn't been drinking.
That such a terrible, terrible story in so many ways. I felt bad that none of them heard their phones the first gajillion times. :(
What a........morning? haha. So you parents haven't flipped out yet? Or are they already mellow
?
Haha -- I think it's cool now.
It's a good story, though, traipsing across downtown at 3 a.m. If I ever go to a show at the new pavilion I'm going to remember standing next to the orange barrels at the corner of 3rd and Denver waiting for Katherine Alberty and Paige McFarlane.
wow jessie! im so sorry that happened! at least it will be a good story to tell though! and how were the bands?
The Flaming Lips were AWESOME. I made fun of my dad ruthlessly for missing it. He loves them, but his bedtime was about three hours before they even went on.
Ludo ROCKED! I also saw The Format......again. And they were okay, again. I saw other ones tonight too. I also managed to go into 6 different bars with 21+ posted at each one. It was awesome.
Ludo was awesome : ) I need to get some of their stuff to learn the lyrics. Even I got into 21 and over places, lol.
Didn't get home till 3:30!! my 1 big Rock Band outing...
that was all kind of off Rogue topics, but looking foward to my last Friday w/ u guys.
Yeah, they didn't seem to care much about how old you were.
I don't like this business of numbered Fridays. At all.
There's a girl on the car in the parking lot and she says, man, you should try to take a shot. Can't you see my walls are crumbling?
I can't meet until 3 on Friday.
Post a Comment
<< Home