Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Rogue does East Tulsa--no, Wade...not like that.

Alright. It's here. Rogue is branching out to East Tulsa. There's a park at about 31st & 129th we'll go to. This means we need to caravan from somewhere to avoid parents' driving all over creation. Anyone deposited at school (up to 4 people) can ride with me from here--since I still have to be at school come Friday. If this does not suit you, comment your ideas about meeting at other places to caravan.

The game plan is to go to a panaderia (Mexican bakery) for snacks; then we will go to the park and eat them and have our meeting/reading. I may change the park venue to another nearby location if the one I have in mind is over-crowded when we arrive. It's got tennis courts and b-ball area...so it gets used pretty heavily.

Seniors--we expect you to come, too. You're too recently graduated to have to wait until next week.

Much love,

Easter

27 Comments:

Blogger kay-tizzle said...

YAY East Tulsa...errrrr something.

So what time are you going to be at school on Friday, Easter?

& Are we making our seniors alumni now? 'Coz we definitely waited till the end of summer last year for that to happen...

5/29/2007 06:11:00 PM  
Blogger wade said...

what time will rogue be???

5/29/2007 06:14:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

7:309 in the AFTER MORNING.

5/29/2007 06:53:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

...so, I'm really excited that we get to Rogue this week.

I'm in Norman tomorrow and Thursday...but sometime I will get pictures up from the NC trip so you guys can see them.

5/29/2007 07:29:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

kt--good memory! i was wondering if we had set an alumni precedent last year...and now i remember that we did THANKS TO YOUUUUU! kisses!

i've got a full day of school friday, so i'm free to leave regular time. people who wanna ride with me can show up ANYTIME friday after lunch (hint, hint!) and help out your favorite holiday w/ room closing procedures...

since wade will STILL want to know what time exactly, i will say i hope to leave edison around 3:45p.

5/29/2007 08:39:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

i have more to say: it is with some trepidation that i arrange this east tulsa event. while i have never had any confrontations with the locals and never feel unsafe in the places i go, i DO recognize there is a growing cultural boundary that needs to be tested cautiously. a group of people draws attention more than singles or pairs...so if i deem whatever locale potentially unfriendly, you must agree to cede to my filters and experience. if i say it's time to go, it's time to go. if i say 'we're not all going to go in there' i expect not to have to argue my decision.

ok? ok.

5/29/2007 08:43:00 PM  
Blogger wade said...

okay to sum that up i deem easter guide and translator extraordinare

and okay

5/29/2007 08:55:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

I do have a habit of being amazing...

My mom is working allllll day Friday. I don't know what to do?! :(

5/29/2007 09:13:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I can't wait. I am going to bring my tennis racket. anyone want to join!?!?!/1/1/1?1!/!?1?!!/!?1

5/30/2007 01:02:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Uh-oh. What a crazy day for Rogue when we need a translator.

I'm excited about Tina coming into town.

I should really get some pictures to Mrs. Harrington before she evaporates on account of summer. Maybe I'll do that on Friday...I'm usually game to help with manual labor in Easter's room, but school might be too eager to get rid of me to allow that.

5/30/2007 05:53:00 AM  
Blogger casey said...

31st and 129!! I'm so excited, I've been wanting somewhere close forever! yay, thanks easter,
I know what u mean about the cultural thing, I've never really been there so I hope the vibe's good.

5/30/2007 07:14:00 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

all i have to say is

YESSSS!

5/30/2007 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger lorelei said...

woohoo for east side. is it still at the same time? im CONFUSED. do we all meet at edison? or just some poeple....

5/30/2007 06:00:00 PM  
Blogger lorelei said...

just kidding folks. i didnt really read comments before i posted one.

5/30/2007 06:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easter, I'm so game for East side! The Mexican bakery sounds delicioso. :)

I'll see if I can help out with cleaning the room up. I'm sure I'll be able to go, but I don't necessarily want to go to school the day after I get out of school. Selfish, I know. But hey, I'll get to sleep in. So maybe It's all good after all. Yes. Count me in.

..Um. Woah. I just realized I put my entire thought process into that. Creepy.

Joe, I'm not so game for the tennis thing. And I know you were pretty...depressed that Easter and Starla took down the wall of random-ness. It's okay. You have next year.

Ooooohhh. Bailey1!#!%@!^!#@!%@#%#@ This means we can TALK some more. In the comfort of our Rogue family. Yes. We won't have to worry about prying ears. W00t!

Well. That's it I think.

Easter, I hope my running around in a chicken suit makes you laugh now that you look back on it. You have to admit, the costume fit me quite well.

And g'rats to Casey and Jessie. I'm proud of you guys!

5/30/2007 07:14:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Thanks, Kristen!

I can't believe I missed your induction into the League of Rogue Chicken-Suit Wearers. Which now has like two members.

And the Wall of Random is dismantled already? It will be sad to see the room all bare and stark. At least you don't have to move this year, right?

Pirates had awesome moments and terrible moments. I made 66/70 on the French CLEP exam, so I get four semesters of credit. I'm pretty excited about this.

Enrolling tomorrow. Typing poetry now.

5/31/2007 12:21:00 AM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Huzzah for your 66, Jessayyy.

It's the last day of school...I'm pretty excited. :)

5/31/2007 06:20:00 AM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

FRIDAY PLAN

if you want to caravan, come to the school and meet in my room around 3(ish)...no later than 3:45. i can fit 3; my car will pick up kt on our way, so that's why i can take only 3.

if you want to meet at our 1st destination, travel to the instersection of 21st & garnett. continue E on 21st; in a block or 2, on left (north), you'll see "Pancho Anaya Panaderia". that's the bakery where we're going to get our snacks. then we'll go to the park about 2 miles away at roughly 31st & 129th. the park is on 129th a couple blocks south of 31st on the E side of the street.

call me if you need me.

5/31/2007 09:12:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

it's 10:44, and i'm inspired.

5/31/2007 10:44:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

...now it just needs to rain

5/31/2007 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

rain is fantasticd, much like playing tennis. Anybody up for it tomorrow? You had better be!

5/31/2007 11:03:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Yay! Inspiration!

I have...some stuff.
Will probably be there a little earlier than three, to offer manual labor.

6/01/2007 01:00:00 AM  
Blogger casey said...

see u at the park

6/01/2007 08:34:00 AM  
Blogger casey said...

if ne one has some Norah Jones u should bring it, and maybe please let me burn it

6/01/2007 09:10:00 AM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

i've got 2 NJ cds--just not the newest release. they're at home, but if no one brings them for you today, you can get 'em from me anytime this summer. i wouldn't waste my time w/ the 2nd cd, though. the first is amazing. the second came out too quickly...and it shows. dunno about the third.

6/01/2007 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Yayyyyyy PARK and OUTSIDE and ROGUE. Thanks for coming to pick me up, Easter.

I'm excitedddd for summer.

6/01/2007 12:15:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I missed swimming a lot.
I think we might own the first one she came out with...the one that got all the hype and the awards, which is probably the one Easter recommended.

6/02/2007 04:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home