Sunday, May 13, 2007

We need to plan! YERP is less than a week away!

Greetings, all:

It's time we plan our YERP (Year's End Rogue Party, for the newbies). We've slated it for next Saturday, but we haven't settled on a time frame or activities. Here are some ideas that have been tossed around in recent past...
(1) Explore Redbud Valley (an Oxley property N of Catoosa)
(2) Fly kites...maybe in Mohawk (?)
(3) Go to the drive-in

Ultimately, we will wind up at Jessie's house, as her mother has already graciously offered to host. I'd now like to give Jessie's mom a rough plan including a time line for when we'll be where--and when we'll arrive at her house. Oh, and Jessie's mom suggested maybe we could watch a movie outside, projected on a sheet or screen. Sounds neat to me.

Soooo suggest time frames--like 1:00p - 3:00p fly kites, etc.--and endorse the above activities or suggest others.

I hope everyone's weekend activities went well. For some it was prom on Friday; then there was Bright Eyes last night. I hope you're all getting your rest today...but not neglecting your mothers, of course. I'm going to see mine this afternoon and take her the gifts I bought...all at garage sales, I should add! Well, except for the lavender plants I bought her at Lowe's. Anyhow, if ever there was a mother that could appreciate a garage sale gift, it's mine!

Honor your moms today--or the people in your life that are motherly or mothering to you.

Heart 12,

Easter

24 Comments:

Blogger casey said...

i like the last statement, my sis had to buy 6 cards for her mothers. it has been a full family weekend and still fun.

Redbud or Mohawk is fine w/ me, have also heard good things about Turkey Mt.

movie suggestions for the backyard screen? my cuz just lent me a Doors dvd?

5/13/2007 03:56:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I had an excellent weekend. It would have been better if there was more ROGUE in it. Or more Conor.

I'm all for kite-flying...Mohawk sounds a good place to do it. And I want to go to the Redbud place, because that sounds fun. And has the potential for great Rogue pictures.

I have LOTS of Vergil-related homework that I just can't motivate myself to do...haven't finished the Aeneid and the test is Friday.

I will be very much in the mood to celebrate YE with Rogue by Saturday.

5/13/2007 06:41:00 PM  
Blogger CaptainCakez said...

Something that will keep our attention.

Hmm.

I'll think

5/13/2007 09:40:00 PM  
Blogger casey said...

um, now that i've seen the dvd, though it is awesome it's way too vulgar to be ne where near jessie's mom.

5/13/2007 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

I'm excited for YERPing.

I think Redbud closes at like 5 or something so maybe we should do that stuff earlier in the day...?

& I had a fever-induced dream that definitely involved studying for my AP World test...with Conor...weird?

5/13/2007 10:14:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Aha! He uses lots of fever and dream imagery, so that fits. A lot. I don't think he would be so great as a study partner, though. Fascinating, but not very helpful. You could ask him to write you pneumonic songs!

Okay, I apologize for my obsession.

Casey, allow me to tell you some stories about my mom, sometime...I don't think anything is really too vulgar for her. Especially if it involves rock music. She was probably there, smoking a joint and dancing on the table.

5/13/2007 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I take it back. Sometimes she's a little homophobic, but pretends not to be and usually gets over it pretty fast.

5/13/2007 10:52:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

YERP shall be fantastic. I think it should a a whole day ordeal. Starting with lunch. Then to fly kites. then to go wherever. Ending up at the drive in around 10:00ish at night. eh?

5/13/2007 11:31:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Ha -- I was thinking about that comment when I woke up this morning.

I definitely meant "Mnemonic"...sorry for the spelling atrocity. Although I'm sure there's someone who wants to be given pneumonia by a folk singer.

5/14/2007 07:47:00 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I am up for whatever you guys want to do. All of this sounds a LOT of fun! ( =

5/14/2007 05:03:00 PM  
Blogger casey said...

i'll leave the dvd decision up to easter, or default if ne one has something better in mind.

5/14/2007 05:06:00 PM  
Blogger casey said...

i'll leave the dvd decision up to easter, or default if ne one has something better in mind.

5/14/2007 05:06:00 PM  
Blogger casey said...

looking forward to it. crap i'm almost 18. ah, well. ok.

5/14/2007 05:08:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Why is that bad? I'm really excited about turning eighteen. I'm tired of this non-person status associated with being a minor.
The whole no-voting, curfew, permission slip thing is kind of getting old.

5/14/2007 05:14:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I was going to suggest Love Actually, because I was thinking about it lately, but Easter hates Hugh Grant.

5/14/2007 05:15:00 PM  
Blogger lorelei said...

i am sooo exited! i can't wait!! and whatever sounds good to you guys is good with me...but i really want to fly kites!

5/14/2007 06:56:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I guess Dead Poets is too obvious a choice.

5/14/2007 08:25:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

i'd say 'pump up the volume' but it's rated r...and i only have it on vhs.

jessie: remind me to contact your mom tomorrow.

5/14/2007 09:07:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Dead Poet's Society = Yes

5/14/2007 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger CaptainCakez said...

I DONT GET OFF UNTIL 4:45 on saturday.


I'm thinking i need to trade with a fellow employee.

5/14/2007 10:59:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

4:45......that should be okay......we are still haning out all night right!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

5/15/2007 12:11:00 AM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

4:45 is almost 5. :(

Dead Poets Society is ALWAYS a yes, just like the sky is ALWAYS blue and I am ALWAYS crazy.

5/15/2007 06:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Redbud sounds amazing. I would really enjoy that! Kite-flying is always fun. Especially when it's a Spiderman kite!! Does anyone in Rogue have a Spiderman kite...? The drive-in would be cool. Though we'd probably be tired enough from all the early YERP events to stay up for all of the movie. I think Jessie's house sounds better than the drive-in. :)

So what are we going to do Friday? I know it's early but I'm trying get my weekend planned out so my mom doesn't flip out on me. She knows about YEPR but I mean...that's just how she is. The more she knows the better off I'll be in the end.
<33

5/15/2007 11:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEPR=YERP. Whoops.

5/15/2007 11:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home