Construction Dust
Hello Dearies,
I'm writing from home (of course) and from amidst a minor dust storm. The construction project is going well. I hope the crew are out of here by 3:00p...of course, they'll have to actually come BACK from lunch (1 hour 45min gone at this point) in order to finish...
Tomorrow we're due for a rare Friday the 13th reading. That's fun. We'll meet at BsL because of the iffy weather. Try to have 3 poems, but definitely have 2.
A brief update on the jewelry: To date, we have around 30 bracelets ready for sale. We have probably 50 buttons and a couple of necklaces. If we sold ALL of this, we'd make roughly $150. Last year we made something like $260. That means we need to push, push, push! Please remember this (as you're pushing ahead w/ jewelry production): Design with SALES in mind. Don't do anything TOO unusual or artsy or we'll be stuck with it. Funky is good, but ugly is not.
In other fundraising aspects...we're stalled on bookmarks until I can get what you've done laminated. And we need to look into mugs and t-shirts. I guess we'll focus on those next week. T-shirts are a good profit maker for us, so let's phase in a couple days' work next week specifically for t-shirts. Also, Kristen's mom is a stepping-stone maker and has offered to make some small stepping-stones for us to sell in the booth--a big Thank You to her for the donation!
Alright. That's it for now. I sure hope everyone got the word that I'm gone today and that any jewelry event after school will go on WITHOUT my guidance/supervision...???
Much love (Heart12),
Easter
I'm writing from home (of course) and from amidst a minor dust storm. The construction project is going well. I hope the crew are out of here by 3:00p...of course, they'll have to actually come BACK from lunch (1 hour 45min gone at this point) in order to finish...
Tomorrow we're due for a rare Friday the 13th reading. That's fun. We'll meet at BsL because of the iffy weather. Try to have 3 poems, but definitely have 2.
A brief update on the jewelry: To date, we have around 30 bracelets ready for sale. We have probably 50 buttons and a couple of necklaces. If we sold ALL of this, we'd make roughly $150. Last year we made something like $260. That means we need to push, push, push! Please remember this (as you're pushing ahead w/ jewelry production): Design with SALES in mind. Don't do anything TOO unusual or artsy or we'll be stuck with it. Funky is good, but ugly is not.
In other fundraising aspects...we're stalled on bookmarks until I can get what you've done laminated. And we need to look into mugs and t-shirts. I guess we'll focus on those next week. T-shirts are a good profit maker for us, so let's phase in a couple days' work next week specifically for t-shirts. Also, Kristen's mom is a stepping-stone maker and has offered to make some small stepping-stones for us to sell in the booth--a big Thank You to her for the donation!
Alright. That's it for now. I sure hope everyone got the word that I'm gone today and that any jewelry event after school will go on WITHOUT my guidance/supervision...???
Much love (Heart12),
Easter

20 Comments:
Easter! My mother says thanks to the mentioning of her. And it's no problem. I'm sorry I didn't show up for the jewelry making this afternoon because my mom didn't tell me about a doctors appointment I had scheduled later last month. O.o
But I will make up for it next week with the migs and such. By the way, whats BsL? Brookeside Library? Okay, got it.
*migs=mugs. Sorry.
Yes...I presume working happened, though I wasn't there after school.
Ms. Youngker let me in this morning and started on some bookmarks. Casey, Joe, Suzanna, and Kaytee came in at various times and we all made some bookmarks. So I guess we should stop while you laminate them. I think we're almost out of blank ones, anyway.
T-shirts are a very good idea. Are we going thrifting this weekend to get raw materials?
I WAS THERE THIS MORNING?
Someone stole my body.
Should this alarm me?
& have we decided times for Sat and/or Sun?
I feel like a semi ran over me. :( I have The Virus That Wouldn't Die.
Okay wow....lots of homework! Shit! 2 essays..vocab....finish ballad.....ah!
...No, I guess you weren't, Kaytee. That's so odd. I guess I just clipped you out of my memory and pasted you into the scene.
We did work after school today! It was me, Suzanna and Wade and we made some pretty cute jewelry ( :
I am writing poetry for tomorrow. I am determined to have three.
wow, I just saw you commnent Kristen. and it hadn't happened before, but this time I saw your name and thought of my sister. I was like, "why the hell is my sister on here? Is she trying to get in my life?! This is odd!" Then I came to and realized that it was just you. wow. odd.
So uh.
GUYS READY FOR ANOTHER LETDOWN?
yeah.
I designed my schedule so that i will be able to work fridays ONLY from 6 now.
I'm sorry!
I didn't quit for everyones information, I was going to but then I didn't.
yadda yadda yadda long story
Kurt Vonnegut died yesterday :(
My mom will stay for about an hour tomorrow, mayebe more, depending on how much work needs to be done
Dir Mutter? Was? Wo? Wenn? Hm. Ich bin sehr mude. Sleep um zwolf uhr ich wisser. Ya, etwas uhr gleick there. Guten nacht. Mein hand ist im pain. Fierian.
Oh, yeah...I wondered when you would get burnt. Hope that gets better. I guess I lied, Easter.
Yes...um. I seem to be out of things to say.
I had a RogueDream involving a serial killer.
Is it weird that the only face that was clear was the killer's?
only weird if you RECOGNIZED the face as someone you really know.
hello,
i will try to come on saturday but i have to go to claremore so i dont know if i can
and mugs sound good!
k, so, it's 12:30 now & my mom had yet to awake. If she isn't up soon, I'm walking over, meaning I'll be a few minutes late. Just fyi. But I'll be there...
I'm so sorry I couldn't make it today! Work is so time consuming but you got to do what you got to do...
The rain stopped and I want it to come back : /
I’m defiantly obsessed with Bright Eyes now thanks to Jessie and I had to post this because it’s an amazing example of poetry (:
Did it all get real, I guess it's real enough
They got refrigerators full of blood
Another century spent pointing guns
At anything that moves
Sometimes I worry that I've lost the plot
My twitching muscles tease my flippant thoughts
I never really dreamed of heaven much
Until we put him in the ground
But it's all I'm doing now
Listening for patterns in the sound
Of an endless static sea
But once the satellite's deceased
It blows like garbage through the streets
Of the night sky to infinity
But don't you weep (don't you weep for them)
Don't you weep (don't you weep)
There is nothing as lucky
Honey, don't you weep (don't you weep for them)
Don't you weep (don't you weep)
There is nothing as lucky, as easy, or free
Don't be a criminal in this police state
You better shop and eat and procreate
You got vacation days then you might escape
To a condo on the coast
I set my watch to the atomic clock
I hear the crowd count down til the bomb gets dropped
I always figured there'd be time enough
I never let it get me down
But I can't help it now
Looking for faces in the clouds
I got some friends I barely see
But we're all planning to meet
We'll lay in bags as dead as leaves
All together for eternity
But don't you weep (don't you weep for them)
Don't you weep (don't you weep)
There is no one as lucky
Honey, don't you weep (don't you weep for them)
Don't you weep (don't you weep)
There is nothing as lucky, as easy, or free
Or free, or free, or free
There's nothing, there's nothing, there's nothing...
Post a Comment
<< Home