...ongoing
Hi All,
Well, our jewelry-making efforts are ongoing. We got stuff done today, but not enough...and this was largely due to our low turn-out. Wade was present for half an hour or so before he had to be at work; otherwise, it was Joe, KT, Suzanna, her mom, and me. We represented a good force of talent, but we just couldn't do everything that needs to be done on our own. :( I know why SOME of you weren't here (Margaret was at work, Jessie was flying/getting stranded, Bailey had last-minute Claremore plans, etc.)...am kind of wondering where the rest were.
While we're getting our stock up, it's just not ramping up in numbers as quickly as I'd like to feel comfortable that we're going to have enough stuff to sell. I think I will emphasize pendant making at upcoming after school jewelry-making venues because pendants go together quickly and can help us turn a fast profit.
As for t-shirts and mugs: Tomorrow, Sunday, those who can go t-shirt and mug shopping need to arrange to meet somewhere in the area of about 2:30p. I think we should plan on meeting by Community Thrift (on Admiral betw Sheridan & Memorial). There's a Dollar Tree next door, so between the thrift store and the dollar store, I think we can land the supplies we need. If you can go but need a ride, please post that ASAP, and we'll see what we can arrange.
This week is certainly the week when you need to put your commitment hat on and don't take it off. Next Saturday is our biggest fundraising event of the year, and we've GOT to be prepared, folks. We can NOT crap this thing up.
Easter
Well, our jewelry-making efforts are ongoing. We got stuff done today, but not enough...and this was largely due to our low turn-out. Wade was present for half an hour or so before he had to be at work; otherwise, it was Joe, KT, Suzanna, her mom, and me. We represented a good force of talent, but we just couldn't do everything that needs to be done on our own. :( I know why SOME of you weren't here (Margaret was at work, Jessie was flying/getting stranded, Bailey had last-minute Claremore plans, etc.)...am kind of wondering where the rest were.
While we're getting our stock up, it's just not ramping up in numbers as quickly as I'd like to feel comfortable that we're going to have enough stuff to sell. I think I will emphasize pendant making at upcoming after school jewelry-making venues because pendants go together quickly and can help us turn a fast profit.
As for t-shirts and mugs: Tomorrow, Sunday, those who can go t-shirt and mug shopping need to arrange to meet somewhere in the area of about 2:30p. I think we should plan on meeting by Community Thrift (on Admiral betw Sheridan & Memorial). There's a Dollar Tree next door, so between the thrift store and the dollar store, I think we can land the supplies we need. If you can go but need a ride, please post that ASAP, and we'll see what we can arrange.
This week is certainly the week when you need to put your commitment hat on and don't take it off. Next Saturday is our biggest fundraising event of the year, and we've GOT to be prepared, folks. We can NOT crap this thing up.
Easter

25 Comments:
I am unable to go on our t-shirt run; I've been placed under house arrest because my mom thinks I'll develop pneumonia if I don't stay home and chill out. Sorry. :(
I wish you all the best of luck.
muggss and tshirts.
i will look but i have to babysit the brats(cousins) so i dont know if i can go... but i will try to come otherwise i will look on my own perhaps if i can get away at all. theres a medex/dollar tree by my house i will try to go there?
blah. i will try to make up for my absense in the mornings! i am sorry guys!
I'm working all day tomorrow from 11am to 9pm so once again I can't come ) : It really seems like I can never make it but most of my work hours are weekends...*sadness*
Well, today was atleast fun. I love making pendants. Copper wire is amazing!
Mornings. Will be there. Wow. I, for some reason, have been really stressed out. It sucks. But I can feel the tension slowly releasing from my neck and surrounding areas. I normally don't get stressed. Oh well, I'll be there in the morning.
Hm.
Margaret, you're welcome for the addiction. Easter -- I totally made up the murderer in my dream. But I'll tell you guys what I remember -- particularly Casey.
I'm...so tired. Sorry I didn't make it today. I wanted to. Bad. I got up at 6 and started flight planning...we left at 9. Crazy, terrible weather (icing, clouds, rain) and crazy, terrible traffic (737s, DFW, and Texans in general)...flying unfamiliar routes with no autopilot, and then having the engine NOT START in Littlerock...It was kind of a bad day.
Tomorrow, I'm on board for t-shirt making. And if anyone wants to, there could be a t-shirting or jewelry thing at my house. And if anyone needs a ride to Community Thrift, I'm driving and know where it is (always a plus).
alrighty-o. today's event should be a short one--just an hour or so to do our shopping. that true, if you can't come along, it's no huge deal. jessie, joe, and i are on board and would love company, of course--so post if you're coming...and like jessie said, if you need a ride, call her or me.
2:30....I will try my hardest. My dad decided that I have to help him mow and edge and trim stuff at my grandparents house. It figures, I go to church for 1.5 hours and he just sits in his chari for the entire time. Then once ZI get home, he starts working on our yeard. WTF! He could havae done that while my mom and I were gone and then this wouldn't have runined my day. I will try my hardest to come. He just really pissed me off. Who does that? Son of bitch.
I think there's a lesson here about how church wastes as much time as yard work.
Well, we just finished our yard....and it's 1:29. So, now it is looking like I 99% won't make it. Great. That's just great. I hate mowing with a pashion.
Just got home. And I'm pissed. I help with our yard(pick up sticks and trip hedges) then I go to my grandparents. I pick up sticks, and trim hedges. Al the mean while, my dad edges, weed-eats and mows. I sat around for over an hour waiting to be finished. So now today was pretty much....a waste of time. Sorry for the rant. Actually I'm not sorry. I needed to rant.
We got shirts! Yay.
Some are stripey.
I have done nothing today except sleep and clean my car. But I did need to sleep, and my car was spectacularly dirty.
AH! It's my Roguiversary!
I was just reading old xanga entries from 2004, and I realized that on this day three years ago, I got my Pizzaheadman notice!
Only, that was before such a thing existed. I do know, from my records, that the notice was written by Raul and every R was capitalized.
Aw. I feel very Rogue-y all of a sudden.
yay for roguiversaries! i, too, am feeling very roguey because i have a large mingling of new rogue t-shirts washing w/ my dress clothes in the machine right now! it's so...dirty! ...!!!
!
for tomorrow, please plan on coming before school for stuff or after school for stuff...or both.
oh, and to the new rogues (and to those of you who may see them--help relay this message): as a staff, we are currently WAY more invested and busy than usual. ordinarily, rogue really does just take up friday afternoons only. don't freak out and worry about your ability to commit a TON of time to the group. we brought you on staff NOW to work with us as a chance for you to get to know everyone and bond. but if what is translating to you is that we're too demanding of your time and too intense in terms of commitment, PLEASE relax and know that after spring market (saturday) we chill. okay?
I will be there every morning and as many afternoons as possible. Monday, rehearsal is late, so I'll be t-shirting. Tuesday and Wednesday, I might miss for rehearsal...Thursday and Friday are the shows.
Did I tell you my mom bought us lots of kites? I don't think I did. She bought us about a dozen kites that she found for a little over a dollar. Just for fun, for no reason. Soon, we can have a Rogue kite-flying adventure.
No, Wednesday and Thursday are the shows. I won't be missing any Fridays.
Kite running. :)
I'll be there pretty much every day except Friday...Also, when are we figuring out shifts for Spring Market?
Hope the t-shirt shooping went well. Sorry I couldn't come. really sorry. You have no idea how much I would have rather been there than...well, where I was. I'm infuriated.
My conclusion. Today was a waste of my life. Joy.
Ahh finally home...I’ll be there tomorrow morning ( : Also I wonder why doesn't Joe use spell check if it’s obviously needed, hmm.
sorry i it wouldnt let my post until now
Okays, heres the deal: my mom JUST NOW told me I have a dentist appointment first thing tomorrow that I CAN'T get out of. So I won't be there in the morning.
However, as of now, I've completed on my own time:
*Seven or eightish pendants (one I'm not so sure I like)
*one necklace.
I'll bring them tomorrow as soon as I get to school and you all can tell me what you think.
Aaaaah! Monday happened.
Where did the weekend go?
Rehearsal is hell.
I'm kind of glad this is the only play I've done. I much prefer showing up to take pictures and then going home.
"My friend Tanner, she said, "You know, me and Jesus, we're of the same heart; the only thing that keeps us distant is that I keep fuckin' up.'"
You don't like rehersal? lol Yeah, it is hell...most of the time. But Ms. H is alot nicer than Mr. Morris. Hes a bitch about stuff and he knows it.
T-shirts being made! Yeah! However....EOI testing Tuesday and Thursday. Plus, I'll be gone all day Wednesday on the Arbuckle Wild Life reserve Choir Compitition. We should kick ass.
Haha. Sophomores have to take EOIs.
...yeah, Harrington's managed to be pretty bitchy herself. More to Cierra than to me. She can't ever figure out what she wants -- for instance, she told Cierra to find a crazy, brightly-colored pen, then called her down for it in front of a crowd of people (which was okay, becuase it was notes). Then she made a joke about it, which kind of upset Cierra.
And since Cierra's in my scene, things are NOT better for me when she's pissed at Harrington.
Post a Comment
<< Home