Thursday, May 03, 2007

5/5 Friday

It's an alumni week! I haven't honored that in a while, so I decided I'd try to get back to it. If there are alumni reading, well, you're welcome to attend tomorrow's meeting.

As for where we'll meet--Zink Park. We'll meet under the pavilion. I don't think it will be too humid or uncomfortable, and with our current size we are just TOO BIG to fit in a coffee shop. We either (1) can't find a suitable space where everyone can sit AND be heard or (2) cause too much of a noise disturbance for other coffee-house-goers. As I always say, you're welcome to do your own thing afterward. We'll likely disband closer to our projected 5:30p tomorrow because we might not have easy access to parts of the park due to the likelihood of mud...? We'll see. I anticipate the requisite stop at QT on the way to the park, so be prepared with a buck or two if you want to get a snack or drink.

Try to have 2 poems ready for tomorrow. Three is great; two will work. None will be a BoDable offense.

My apologies to the new rogue parents who aren't used to my laid-back nature about making specific plans. I'll be better when school's out and I have more time to allocate the planning part of my brain more dedicatedly to rogue. Promise.

Heart 12,

Easter

22 Comments:

Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Mud just makes EVERYTHING BETTER because that means we can get muddy. Not good for cars, however, which is problematic. :(

5/03/2007 05:39:00 PM  
Blogger casey said...

comment

5/03/2007 06:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, Easter, It's okay. My mom is just crazy. I suppose that's were I get it anyways. Haha.

5/03/2007 06:31:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

yeah...mud and my car aren't friends. Not after that last time.

We're TOO BIG because Casey and I haven't graduated yet. That's weird.

Poetry. Right.

5/03/2007 06:36:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Mud? Problem? Not, I'll bring towels.

5/03/2007 07:11:00 PM  
Blogger lorelei said...

i dont think i can go due to the big bishop kelly game...i have to be at the field ready to warm up at 5...

5/03/2007 08:36:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I hope it rains tomorrow and we get to run around outside. That would be amazing( =

5/03/2007 09:13:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

...spiderman was good.

5/04/2007 03:15:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

...spiderman was still good the second time.

I am SO tired. But in a dazed way, not in a drowsy or fascinated-with-my-hands way. Definitely sympathizing with Casey in her (hopefully temporary) insomnia, at this point.

My sleep ratio right now is roughly 3 hours in 43.

5/05/2007 01:27:00 AM  
Blogger casey said...

yay! thanks. Spiderman was not a good boy in movie #3...but it was a nice movie.

5/05/2007 01:42:00 AM  
Blogger casey said...

p.s. so awed by others poetry of late...

5/05/2007 01:43:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Yeah. I'm going to miss hearing everyone's poetry on a weekly basis.

Some recent Rogue pics for the facebook-challenged: http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2003612&l=95814&id=1447800096

5/05/2007 04:55:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Spiderman 3 wasn't as good at 2, but it still kicked ass. I can't wait for Pirates though. That will be the end to one of the greatest trilogies in our lifetimes no doubt. There have been alot of good trilogies lately. ie: Terminator, Spiderman,(soon to be) Pirates, Star Wars(both trilogies), Lord of The Rings, Matrix. Point proven. Also, more than 3 sequal movies have been good, whether they started as a book or not: Harry Potter, Batman, and some more. Oh, and Shrek 3 in coming out. Both of those were good. Sadly, these are also pretty much thge only good movies that have been in theaters for a while. All the other movies are very unoriginal, or actualy remakes. Kid of like Lidsey Lohan's career. Every movie she has been in is a re-make.

5/05/2007 07:29:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Lindsay Lohan is a thoughtful and talented actress. Her poignant performances never fail to bring me to tears. I always feel whole and complete after watching one of her movies, Mean Girls or Herbert or whatever that car movie was. And it offends me that you dislike her, Joe. I guess you just don't know good drama.

5/05/2007 07:43:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I liked Mean Girls.

But it was not "poignant", no matter how Mrs. Merrill would love me to use one of her tone words. I'll give you that.

After having seen the trailer for HP5, I'm VERY excited. It's going to be beautiful, if not coherent. How could they cut almost nine hundred pages into under three hours and have it still make sense?

Pirates comes out the day after graduation. I'm thinking we need to go see it. Not at midnight, though. My mom's in charge of that party, and evidently that means I have to go.

5/05/2007 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

then you go, sleep during the day, then we can all go see it at night. Which day is YERP?

5/05/2007 11:51:00 PM  
Blogger casey said...

YERP is the 19 I think.
That will be weird @ the grad party.
[also, Jess(ie), my dad was happy about the prospect of our trip..weird.]

5/06/2007 09:17:00 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

The 19th is Armed Forces Day just so you guys know

5/06/2007 09:56:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Yes! Isn't the day after graduation the Barnes and Noble thing, too?

We should make it a Rogue thing to walk over to AMC and see Pirates after our B&N commitment. That would be awesome.

We could be an armed force for YERP.

5/06/2007 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

YERP is on the 19th if everyone is in agreement for a Saturday party. It is my preference; it would give us more time to play.

5/06/2007 02:35:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I like Saturday because it gives us a Friday meeting AND YERP...

Mom's caveat is that there isn't enough space between trees and powerlines to fly kites in the backyard.

Are we going to do Redbud thing that day? Or Oxley? Or...stuff?

5/06/2007 03:50:00 PM  
Blogger wade said...

yeay stuff

5/06/2007 07:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home