Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ha! Plans are formed!

Friday Rogue: Zink. Dress appropriately or bring a change of clothes. There were definitely clothing casualties last week.

Saturday YERP: 2:00p meet in the South facing parking lot of Sears at 21st & Yale. Park at the edge of the lot that abuts 21st. We'll caravan to Redbud Valley, which is located West of Catoosa. At the end of this post you will see the full directions I C/P from the Redbud Valley website. We'll leave Redbud Valley after a couple hours' exploring; then we'll go to Mohawk to fly kites. We will plan to land at Jessie's house around 6-6:30p. Jessie's parents are providing pizza fixins and salad. I'll mention what we need to bring below... Around 8:30p we'll start the outdoor viewing of our movie. At this point, I'm thinking the movie may be R-rated. If this offends any of you OR if your parents wouldn't approve, you can arrange to be picked up at this time and call it a night. If any of you cannot attend the full YERP experience, that's OK. Come for what you can; leave when you must--but don't expect anyone to leave the festivities to deliver you home. You'll need to arrange your own transportation, esp. the last leg--from Jessie's to your own place.

What you need for YERP:
Phase I--Redbud Valley (approx. 2:20p - 5:00p)
1. Sunscreen
2. Bugspray
3. Camera
4. Change of clothes (?)
5. Water, gatorade--drinks for hydrating yourself while we're playing
6. Snacks--for keeping hunger pangs at bay while we're playing
7. Sturdy shoes--don't know what to expect at Redbud Valley, so I wouldn't wear flip-flops.
8. Blanket--arrange w/ someone to share if you like
Phase II--Mohawk (approx. 5:15p - 6:15p)
9. Water, gatorade--drinks for hydrating yourself while playing
10. Frisbee, football, outdoor toys--for use while some are kite flying
Phase III--Jessie's house (approx. 6:30p - 10:00p)
11. 2-liter of your favorite drink
12. a s'mores ingredient--marshmallows, choc bars, or graham crackers
13. 1 bag of ice per every 3 people--we'll figure this out later
14. reusable plastic cup

Directions to Redbud Valley:

To get to Redbud Valley Nature Preserve from Tulsa take Highway 244 or Highway 44 east toward Joplin. Exit at 161st East Avenue, which is exit #237. As you come down the exit ramp, move to the left lane. At the stop sign at the bottom of the ramp, turn left, which is north. At this point you are actually on 163rd East Avenue. Go under the highway to the 2nd stop sign, and turn left again (if you don't turn left here, you will go into the parking lot for Bruce's Texaco Truck Stop.) Go to the 3rd stop sign, which is at the corner of the truck stop's parking area, and turn right. That will put you going north on 161st East Avenue. At the stop sign at Pine Street, continue straight. At the stop sign at Tiger Switch Road, go straight again. Cross two very rough railroad tracks, and continue north. The road will descend into a wooded valley, and will cross two small bridges. Look for a sign on the left saying "Nature Preserve Entrance 500 feet". The entrance to the small parking area is on the left. It is neither legal nor safe to park along the county road outside the gates.

Heart12,

Easter

21 Comments:

Blogger RoguePoets said...

jessie. facebook link.

5/15/2007 03:46:00 PM  
Blogger casey said...

sounds cool

5/15/2007 05:24:00 PM  
Blogger casey said...

John Wayne teeth, John Wayne teeth, are they plastic or are they steel...

5/15/2007 05:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Yes! I remembered...there aren't as many pictures up here as I would have taken. Dad was on camera duty, and many of the pictures are overexposed, because he tends to think it's an actual film-using Nikon that he has to preset and then not change the settings for until the end of the shoot. And because it looks like his old Nikon, he doesn't think to review pictures. Anyway:

http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2003676&l=a0782&id=1447800096

5/15/2007 08:13:00 PM  
Blogger lorelei said...

that sounds really fun!
what movie are we going to watch though?

5/15/2007 09:50:00 PM  
Blogger wade said...

<312

5/16/2007 07:52:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Latin and I are in a fight.

Just so you guys know.

5/16/2007 06:11:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Oh no, you aren't seperating or anything drastic are you?!

&I'm super excited for Saturday...

5/16/2007 08:35:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I think we might be taking a break.

5/16/2007 09:42:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Is it because you want to be single when you enter the doors of collage?! If so, that's crap! Oh, and I'm telling on you tomorrow when I see Wallace!

5/16/2007 10:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good Easter.

~!Squeezors!~

5/17/2007 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger casey said...

Thank you Bailey and Margaret for the kisses!!!

5/17/2007 04:45:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

It's because I'm having an illicit affair with French. But you didn't hear that from me.

5/17/2007 06:11:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

So, you know when I said that the reason I didn't tell my mother about the site was that she reads all of my friends' blogs?

Well, she did it. And she read the poetry on mine. So if any of you put intensely personal poetry on your blogspot accounts, my mother probably read it. Just in time for you to feel weird about it at YERP!

5/17/2007 06:58:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

We going to need to watch the movie outside....VHS/projector issues.

5/17/2007 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Jeez, Jessie, you and your sordid love trysts involving foreign languages...

5/17/2007 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

tired.

5/17/2007 11:43:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

On a detox walk through a Glendale Park over sidewalk chalk
Someone wrote in red, "start over"
So I muffled my scream on an Oxnard beach
Full of fever dreams that scare you sober...

5/19/2007 12:21:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Today is YERP!

That means we're at Year's End!

(I think a "hallelujah" might be appropriate here, but I'm not sure)

5/19/2007 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

testify!

5/19/2007 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Ohhhhhhhh.

5/19/2007 12:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home