All Called
Hi All,
Although there are still a good 5 weeks before school resumes, summer will eventually draw to an end, and I'd like a blow-out meeting this week to say we'd accomplished that. With that in mind, please comment what time you're available this Friday. I'd like to be able to announce the official time tomorrow so that people can plan and so that rides can be arranged. We've worked diligently to accommodate everyone's schedule this summer by either trading times or venues, so this week will be no different. Majority rule.
Comment your time & venue preferences ASAP. It's 6:51p Sunday night.
Heart12, over and out.
Easter
Although there are still a good 5 weeks before school resumes, summer will eventually draw to an end, and I'd like a blow-out meeting this week to say we'd accomplished that. With that in mind, please comment what time you're available this Friday. I'd like to be able to announce the official time tomorrow so that people can plan and so that rides can be arranged. We've worked diligently to accommodate everyone's schedule this summer by either trading times or venues, so this week will be no different. Majority rule.
Comment your time & venue preferences ASAP. It's 6:51p Sunday night.
Heart12, over and out.
Easter

66 Comments:
Friday.
3:00
S.o.B.
Tradition?
I leave in 3 weeks, and until then work 3-11 on Fridays, but meeting at 1 is kind of weird, u guys should probably resume the later time.
4:30 & after I can drive myself, before and I'll need a ride.
Could we convince SoB to save us a room though? :/
sob is cool
if someone secures a room, i don't mind SoB.
I'll reserve it. But timeing situation....... so, either at 1, or after 4:30........early or later? Considering Easter has been......late? to his engagments on Friday nvith becuase of us, I have to say early.
one o'clock is fine by me.
met my roomate (facebook) she's from New Zealand but is currently living in Eucador doing volunteer work with street kids.!
Ah! I mean Ecuador
excited!
she's super pretty!!!! and probably pre-med!!!!
I'm intimidated :) and way happy to be so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I now work at Red Lobster!
YAY! New Zealand is, by all accounts, fabulous. Not that I've been there. But I have seen Lord of the Rings, and met one bona fide New Zealander.
I'm glad you're so far impressed with your roommate!
And I'm glad Joe says things like "I'm never working in food service again" and then takes them seriously.
And I'm glad I'll totally be at Rogue on Friday. I missed you guys.
There are 4 Fridays left before I move on the 16th.
Ever since I watched a documentary on Ecuador when I was 5 I've always wanted to move there. It's pretty awesome.
Good story: 4 weeks left living with my mother and she still thinks I'm giving her coded messages about my secret-but-deeply-ingrained-lesbianism through jewelry?
And yea, I ask you: wtf.
...I need to write for Friday.
Haha Jessie you might as well give up on trying to prove you're not to her. ( =
Can't wait for Friday! What is the final time we are on for? Maybe early so Casey can come and Kaytee can get a ride from one of us?
Let's Take a poll.
Early. 1:00p.m.
72:00 in the morning just after the eclipse of the Time Buffalo and right before the Dance Of The Tantalopes.
(It makes no difference to me)
& lol at Jessie's mom
is that said as seventy-two o'clock or seventy-two hundred hours?
i dont care about the time really
I vote early so Casey can come.
Also, 1 is a nice dead window for possible flying activity because 1) it's SO hot then and 2) thunderstorms like the early afternoon.
I vote 1. Also, I would really like to see the Time Buffalo while he's in town.
one o'clock. it's settled then. and @ SoB, right? right. kt, i can give you a ride...be by 'bout 12:45p.
i've started 2 poems on-screen and several more in my head, but i've got nothing finished yet. hopefully the muse will linger longer when next she passes...
ya for 1.
my future address, should u choose to snail mail
Casey Shy
Gilbert-Addoms 216
Box # 91720
Durham, NC 27708
Mine is
347 Cate Center Drive
Box #5198
Norman, OK 73072
Two...ish poems so far? Both are kind of emo and depressing.
Saw the cabin today...
and am becoming more hopeful that you guys will be able to come up before I move.
Thanks, Easter.
I found a bunch of aviation things left over from one of my dad's friends today. I have no idea what anything is, but it's kinda cool and I thought of Jessie...
Does "SHIT! DAMN! FUUUCKKKKK!!!!!" cover it? No.
On my availability form, I put 11-3 on Fridays, but I akdsed off at 12 for this friday since it's just training. Well, I can't. I train from 11-2. I'm really really really P.O.ed. AHHHHHH. I wil try my best to gtet off earlier.
My mom said I could take the car Fri, so hooray for being my own ride for once! :)
Yay for driving! Not yay for working...it's too bad these things generally go together.
My parents are flipping out right now about how I'm not responsible enough to go to college....because I left a drinking glass in my room for a night. And how I'm making bad decisions -- because I stay up late, and my dad's employee's nephew randomly got shot at 2 o'clock last night?
Honestly? Coming home from a flight lesson to "you're not responsible and someone's going to shoot you" seems kind of incongruous.
In short, and to use appropriate Fenglish, the asininity of this situation amazes me.
i have no poetry....but i have songs...is it rude to play a guitar in sob?
oh! and does anyone have aim?
and kaci and jessie: i will definatly(sp?) be sending you mail.
I've seen them make guitar-players move outside before, so maybe, but if we're in a room maybe they wouldn't mind so much...
You should bring it anyway, because guitars win.
aim- coffeeafterlife
aim = joei0033
AIM
magiedaisy
u guys are going to HATE me! My work had to fire someone so they keep changing my sched. no and fri. i'm working 9-3!!!
AIM = kcsifi
poetry= 3
in that case we should move the start time later so both joe and casey can go
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3:00! I can go!
Please!
AIM xtrytrytryx
Haha, I need a ride again. My mom gets off work @ 4 & I'd have to go get her. >_< Sorry?
3 o'clock! YES.
I was gonna be a few minutes late...my new instructor called and asked to add two flights tomorrow, one of which was gonna end at 1.
AIM: interrowhimper
Guitars? Always.
Since when do so many Rogues play guitar? This is cool.
Um...rude? I don't think so. Depends on how many people are around and whether there's already music playing, I guess. Tori used to play there, back when she was a Rogue.
so this might actually work out well? mostly just need Easter, Bailey, and Margaret to say if they can make 3 right? I feel horrible for doing this to u guys!
I'll probly be a little later than everyone else, so it'd be better for someone else to pick katie up, if they can. Easter usually does right?
3!!!!!!!!
Kaytee's driving herself to the meeting? Right?
Not anymore, 'coz my mom gets off at 4 and if we met at 3 I'd have to leave right away to get her. After 4ish I could drive myself, but otherwise it would just be silly :O
Reasonable Guideline #256: Silly things with cars should be avoided at all costs, as cars are heavy, fast, and dangerous.
But those are just guidelines. And who follows guidelines?
Well, if your asking me(which I'm sure you arn't) guidlines are meant to be broken, just like paths. "I took thr path less traveled by."
3 is fine with me. my afternoon is open. and kt i can pick you up about 2:45p.
mid-afternoons at SoB (in past) were busier than early afternoons...so who's going to BE there early and have our room secure? is that wade still?
Did Joe call, like he said he would?
Or, wait, maybe that's why he wanted the pen, tonight. To put us on the list.
I got it.
You're so smart Jessie. ha.
i can make 3!
i am officially in super exited mode.
This is working out amazingly. Someone call Briefly, i saw her the other day, she said she was coming.
Okay guys..here's the scoop.
I'm coming. No matter what today. It's been an incredibly long time since I've seen you.
But if we go with the 3 PM time than I can only stay for our readings. Btw, I don't have any poetry.
We're having my sister's 1st birthday party today. I have to help Mom set up the decorations and such. Clean up the backyard? Because no one is going to be spending their time in the backyard. And I've gotta go get my ticket for the HP book.
Anyone else going to the B&N party?
Bailey: Aim is xonextearxawayx
I know. Emo. Whateve'.
So. SOB at 3? K. I'll be there.
<3 I can't wait to see you guys!
Well, that worked out well.
Jessie, I don't know about this Marshell's law, because I'm thinking that my law is even more dependable.
Joe's Law: Things happen for reasons, whether they be good or bad, everything happens for a reason, even if it seems like somthing bad that happened is pointless. My law rules.
won't print poem #1
So much has been shared this day, we’re more alike than we could dream
Different genes are such little things, and the love that hurts is everything
I feel your emotions like a story book
play out your life on a reel and step inside
How similar your loneliness is to mine,
and your comfortable brown eyes
Reach out to hold my hand,
they understand and I know
your living me for a moment
Cause it’s not that different.
Our hair has turned dark now because we’re not little girls
We never were, and it’s taken so long to realize that.
The girls that haunt our dreams with golden curls,
are the girls we never were. That’s why you want to give birth
And I can’t deny you. Choose a father that’s exactly
the same as the man you hate,
it’s what you’ve done, what I knew you’d do.
No surprises that way. What’s a father anyway?
Did you ever find out his name? The stillness is my answer.
It’s ok, it’s ok, marry the man you hate.
Learn who your father is that way. Ha!
That’s the temptation, but you’re too smart to enter that gate.
We’re all to smart for our crummy fates,
but they’re lived and swallowed just the same.
At least we both get two chances, me and you.
I’ll die and come back inside of you, if I fail.
You’d do the same, and you’re welcome to.
There’s a place in all my chakras for your heart to go,
for your blood to flow. We’re sisters again.
Now that the vast wells secrets have been drained,
and the cool water spread upon the earth to grow
-green grass where once our brown feet matched the dirt.
I don't think I want to be printed poem, Official Series #1
Did you know, when we were little, living would be so much pain?
Our hair’s turned dark now, from all the suffering
But I love how it’s invisible, we look exactly the same.
Did you know, what happened when the dark came?
Your sister played an awful game, but you’ve seen her do worse now.
You know all the awful things people do, guess what? I do too!
We could have been much better allies, huddled against each other in all that cold rain
If either of us had known how to speak, how to say a damn thing
But we just read instead, anything to get away,
And the names on bricks still pull us this way,
They lay out eternity, and our pains cease to register on that vast graph
We travel along this chart and I feel your presence
As our paths meander and weave together for a while
We read those names and dates –meaningless
But they have to be read and recorded all the same –in a monotony of diligence
When in duty to the world you can be something more for a moment,
Whole, eternal, Unbreakable.
no! it didn't do my indentions right. (angry sound) I don't think these poems like themselves yet, suggestions?
To Joe: that's Murphy's Law. And one doesn't fuck with Murphy.
To Casey: Yeah, blogspot screws with indentions. It hates poetry.
I like both of those, but especially the first one. I liked "learn who your father is that way" that was interesting.
And I liked "at least we both get two chances, me and you" becuase it makes you seem like you're the same person, as a result of your upbringing.
I'm sad I didn't get to hear you read them, though.
thanks 4 the feedback and insight : )
I'm so tired of waking up early.
But I got my school computer, and I don't hate it.
I think we need a new post.
HP:DH? Pretty badass, so far.
Weirdest Rogue dream!
What kind of comp did u get?
I got a MacBook. Which has already caused problems in transferring files, as nothing is formatted for a Mac. And nothing can be formatted for a Mac without losing the data. But, of course, you can't transfer data between computers before formatting.
It's an awesome cycle I may circumvent by multiple flash drive transactions.
Visio is pretty awesome I hear.
*vaio
I still have to figure out how to save my itunes music to a flashdrive, it's not working well.
Definitely don't try from iTunes. It hates when you try to move music, because then you're not paying for it more than once.
Instead, find the directory on your computer that has all of the mp3's or m4a's on it...it's probably called My Music or iTunes Music...then drag them over the E: or G: (or whatever your flash drive registers) folder under My Computer. They'll copy themselves, and then you can import them on another computer. If you bought any of them from iTunes, you'll have to authorize your computer as one of the five that you're allowed to play them from...but that's another story.
Omg I know! That's why I couldn't play some of the music from you Jessie.
Post a Comment
<< Home