Monday, June 18, 2007

Summer's 1st Days...

It's nearly officially summer--and in true Oklahoma form, we'll be left to drip-dry from 2 weeks of rain in a long stretch of humid sunny days of mid-90s temps. Or this is what the weather dudes are saying as of this a.m.

...this just in: my coffee tastes like dirt today.

So for Friday--Gypsy, eh? Works for me. I liked that place. Oh, and KT: Sears called and told me that they'd give your job to a west-Tulsa-dwelling Latina if you don't go in and apply.

After last Friday's volley of poetry between Jessie & me, I'll hope that you'll all have a couple of things to read this week--or, in the case of our painter(s?), something to read AND a canvas or 2.

Did I mention this week's theme is mahogany?

Heart12Billz,

Easter

50 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

ha ha ha easter. lol I feel the need to see all of Rogue in the same place at the same time to make usre we all exist. Unfortunatly, Briefly won't be there and anyone else? Humph. Kaytee, take the job, domn't let the other woman get it!

6/18/2007 02:37:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

FINE. Fiiiine. I'll go by there today and when they reject me I'll throw myself off their building. You'll feel terrible over it, I promise. :(

Gypsy sounds gooood.

6/18/2007 02:43:00 PM  
Blogger casey said...

i have 5 poems in reading shape...

6/18/2007 03:16:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Haha. Mahogany. Sure.

Um...I don't think I'm gonna make it this week, guys. I'm supposed to have class on Friday from 9 to 6, and may end up taking my FAA exam that afternoon if I do well enough on the end-of-course exam that morning...

6/18/2007 04:50:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I think I'm taking Jonathan and McKenzie to Redbud tomorrow afternoon.

6/18/2007 10:52:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

take them to panaderia Pancho Anaya!

6/19/2007 07:11:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Mayhap I will.

McKenzie made a list of things she wanted to see in OK before she left -- they were all nature-related -- and I was excited to see Woodward (and associated gardens) and Redbud on it.

6/19/2007 08:13:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I wanna be the shower in the morning that wakes you up and makes you clean
I know I'm just the weather against the window as you sleep through a winter's dream.

6/20/2007 08:23:00 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

sounds fimiliar. lyrics by whom?

6/20/2007 01:46:00 PM  
Blogger wade said...

Bright eyes

6/20/2007 02:26:00 PM  
Blogger casey said...

having some problems w/ duke housing and sage burning. through a series of simultaneously polite and rude emails. oh well they claim to make exception to their no candles, incense, etc. rule for religious ceremonies and if they're going to claim religious tolerance they damn well better practice it.
so there. summer solstice is going to rock! ya for the Strong Sun Moon and time of Shawnodese!

6/20/2007 04:09:00 PM  
Blogger casey said...

also yay for a job i guess.

6/20/2007 04:10:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

What time Fri.?

6/20/2007 06:26:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

yes, what time friday? hmmm...may i suggest that we meet there at 3p?

6/20/2007 08:35:00 PM  
Blogger wade said...

okay i guess that's fine with me

6/20/2007 08:42:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

....SIGH.
Definitely not a possibility for me to attend Friday, now. They really want us all to have taken our FAA exams by Friday at 6 p.m.

Am I not predictable enough? Whose lyrics could I possibly be spouting, other than Conor's?

6/20/2007 09:06:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

If we're doing 3 then can I catch a ride?

6/20/2007 09:59:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

of course kt. i'll pick you up either at your house or the parking lot of gilcrease about a quarter of 3.

6/20/2007 10:47:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Once, Cody Bushyhead wanted me to pick him up at Gilcrease, where his father had agreed to drop him off, and drive him to Cain's for a show. I don't remember which show, but I declined and he somehow got there.

...On the scale of relevancy, that wasn't very high.

6/21/2007 08:08:00 AM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

but as to the relevancy of scales to cody bushyhead, well, he is rather snake-like...

6/21/2007 09:04:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

XD

6/21/2007 01:00:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Okay, so I have been looking for another job for about.....2 days.
I even got one about.....15 minutes ago. So(Wade, you are not to inform Labrina or Andrew of this, I will tell them in person and give them my 2 weeks notice) I start tomorrow. I will work from....9-3. So I will be a little late to Rouge. 3:30ish? Hopfully sooner depending on traffic. On the upside, this is making our car situation even more hectic than before. So, this mihgt cause my parents to make a decision about me getting a car, sooner. *fingers crossed* SO, see you guys tomorrow at 3:30!

6/21/2007 03:22:00 PM  
Blogger wade said...

okay well you better finish your shifts for this week

6/21/2007 03:36:00 PM  
Blogger wade said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6/21/2007 03:36:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Did you miss the part when I said, "2 weeks notice?" Because that means that I will qork for TWO more weeks. No less.

6/21/2007 03:43:00 PM  
Blogger wade said...

k

6/21/2007 03:45:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Haha, okay. Gilcrease. I'll remember.

I can't express in words how much I hate the fact that you can get a job in just two days. The world is unfair.

6/21/2007 03:46:00 PM  
Blogger casey said...

um, I can't make 3. too early, i have an unofficial doc appt. my aunt got me @ 2:30 b/c my body's doing weird things like shaking, passing out, (and yes Easter i've been eating -even gaining weight!!, taking vits and iron daily)but sorry to ramble, i just can't make it at 3.

6/21/2007 05:40:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Joe -- where are you working?
Casey -- stop passing out.

6/21/2007 07:07:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

is it too late for me to push the meeting back to 3:30? this would help joe & kc. soooo basically, based on who has posted so far, wade & kt will this work for you? jessie's out bec of flying things. suzanna's out because of work, if memory serves. margaret's still in bulgaria. and bailey and kristen = ?

6/21/2007 08:42:00 PM  
Blogger wade said...

itll work for me

6/21/2007 10:19:00 PM  
Blogger casey said...

thanks much : )

6/21/2007 11:05:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Yeah, it's cool

6/21/2007 11:45:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Sweet. Awesome, that if fantastic!

Jessie- "Under The Sun" 51st and Harvard.

I start today in....1 hour.
I even got up early at 6:00 and worked out 'til 7, took my mom to work at Summer school(hale) and now off to work. I feel so.......shit, grown up? Fuck.

6/22/2007 08:01:00 AM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Erg, sorry, nevermind on the ride AGAIN, Easter. My mom decided to work from home today. I love it when she changes her mind split second. :/

6/22/2007 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger lorelei said...

sorry im commenting so late...
i'm not going to be able to come today because i got in trouble and my dad couldn't take my cell phone away so he said i couldn't come to rogue.
=[
sorry

6/22/2007 01:32:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

I think I might have to bring something craptacular and only sort-of finished of the painted variety, as I have only one sort-of finished poem. :(

6/22/2007 02:02:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Man, Bailey, how do you get in trouble so much?

6/22/2007 07:28:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Also, I'm sorry I missed you guys today.

On the upside, I took my commercial written exam and made a 96%, so that was awesome...

Look forward to next week's meeting.

6/22/2007 07:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys. Today was my Mom's last day at her temporary job so I had to watch my sister again today. I swear I'll be there next week! I really miss you guys!

6/22/2007 09:07:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Yes, today was.....as the last few weeks have been.....dull? Very few people have been in attendance, maxing out at 4 people each week for the last month. Hm, I know I am also to blame, but we need to kick this! We all need to be there next week! I'm begining to doubt if Rogue will ever be whole again!

6/22/2007 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Loser.

I don't think you understand how infinitely better this is than any previous summer, where meetings have been largely suspended. Last summer, we met twice. The summer before that, we met twice -- and I missed both meetings, one due to nerd camp and the other because of family vacation.

We're doing well.
But there's room for improvement...

6/23/2007 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

well, joe, thank you very mulch for the "dull" comment. i guess your 'flair' wasn't enough to keep up interest...or wait: is it flare? things that flame usually have flare AND flair, so maybe either works in your case.

6/23/2007 03:21:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

!!!

...I don't have anything else to say. That was damned funny.

6/23/2007 04:16:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

hahaha

6/23/2007 06:12:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I'm back and have lots of poetry so can't wait for friday ( :

6/24/2007 01:33:00 AM  
Blogger casey said...

; ) ... :(
well, comment? cough, clear, comment.

6/24/2007 03:47:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Ha.

That would have been funnier if his reaction wasn't so delayed?

6/25/2007 09:49:00 AM  
Blogger casey said...

can I request that our next Fri. meeting be about 4? (instead of the earlier summer vein)

6/25/2007 05:44:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

We have to make it happen so everybody can make it!!!

6/25/2007 06:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home