Summer @ Last
Well, it's official.
And I'm thrilled.
It's summer--so we are no longer BoD-bound. We will continue to meet weekly, but your absence or lack of poetry won't doom you. I do hope, however, that with extra time you will NOT slack off from writing.
Our summer meeting time is flexible; we'll probably default to a 3:00ish or 4:00ish time frame for starting, but we can certainly meet earlier if people's job schedules get too complicated for afternoon venues.
For this week, post your preferences for reading locales. We haven't done Woodward in a while. Zink is still a fav. ...ideas?
Heart 12,
Easter
And I'm thrilled.
It's summer--so we are no longer BoD-bound. We will continue to meet weekly, but your absence or lack of poetry won't doom you. I do hope, however, that with extra time you will NOT slack off from writing.
Our summer meeting time is flexible; we'll probably default to a 3:00ish or 4:00ish time frame for starting, but we can certainly meet earlier if people's job schedules get too complicated for afternoon venues.
For this week, post your preferences for reading locales. We haven't done Woodward in a while. Zink is still a fav. ...ideas?
Heart 12,
Easter

34 Comments:
There's been lots of mud at Woodward lately. So much rain.
I think we ought to have a meeting at the Center of the Universe. I don't think Easter's been? That's odd, because we go there so often. It'd be a cool place to read. There are benches arranged in circles and everything, even if we don't want to sit around the Center itself.
OR the reader could stand at the center and hear everything echoing. That would be interesting.
coffeeshop coffeeshop coffeeshop
okay seriously its summer in oklahoma we cant keep giong outside
I will miss you guys so much...
Posted a poem on my blog since I can't come this Friday and maybe I'll post more while in Bulgaria.
<333
Yay! Internet poetry!
Wade, what is your problem with nature?
hmmm...let me see: because the weather is beautiful we're going to STOP going outside? harumph! i haven't been to the center of the universe in 2 years--and before that it had been...10ish years (since i was in high school!). we could always do a reading at the COTU and then go to gypsy...i've never been there. i don't want to do our reading at gypsy, though, because it might be too noisy--?
AAHHH! Gypsy!
Totally. Maybe too noisy on a Friday afternoon/evening...I never go unless it's really late at night. And COTU is really close to there.
Yeah, Easter, don't you know? We like to go to parks in January for hours at a time. And lie on the cold, cold ground until all our limbs are numb and we have to go to QT for coffee.
parks during winter thumbs up
during spring thumbs up
during summer thumbs down
during fall thumbs up
though center of the universe would be cool during summer or gypsy
you guys are funny
Ahh I want to come!!!! I will fly back this friday, Jessie come and get meeee, please!
Ha. Not enought fuel for that trip.
ahhhh. i fell asleep on my trampoline and now i have lines on my face. i also temporarily have an afro. fun! COTU sounds cool. im in! yay
okay wade, the thing is, all Spring you have said, " no more out side! Coffee Shop!" So that clashes with your.....key. Center of The Universe, yes. 3?
Summer!!!!
OUTSIDE IS ALWAYS GOOD.
Wade is sorely mistaken.
Bah.
I'm loving the COTU idea though.
Also, I'm going to throw this out so that's it's known, when we do Friday meetings I will almost always need a ride because I suck, and because my mom doesn't get off work till 4:30.
well actually science, industry, and technology just rock so much harder and fiercer than nature can or does, center of the universe is a great idea because it was formed by science, industry, and technology.
Summer.
So why am I sick?
Riddle me that.
It's a toxic cocktail of allergies and cold-like symptoms. Hmph.
Started harry potter #1 again and I still get such pleasure out of reading it. It takes a truly gifted author write something that can thrill you at 16 just as much as it did when you read it in the second grade.
Yes...
I like it so much that I'm ashamed to keep reading it in English. So I ordered it in French, and now I don't feel so silly walking around reading it. Even though I know what happens on every page so I don't actually have to understand all of the words in order to recreate the English version.
I like how Rogue makes acronyms. And I like how COTU has one, now...
See, I still find myself picking out things I'd forgotten or that I never noticed before. I also can't help but laugh hysterically at almost everything Neville Longbottom says or does.
Finished. Ready for book 2.
Don't be ashamed to read H.P. in any language. Anyone who mocks you for it isn't worth your time. It's a fact of life, ya know?
Actually,revise that, Harry Potter is a fact of life.
let's settle the details for COTU/gypsy. (and katie--i can give you a lift.) shall we caravan? semi-obscure locales might make delivery hard on rogueparents, so i'm thinking we should caravan from...Borders or some place central? 3:00?
I'm not going to be at the meeting Friday. I'm currently signed on to go to my "step-dad's mother's boyfriends mothers" house in Texas. I'll miss you guys, sorry. I'll be back by next Thursday though. Take care! Much love.
Can I be unreliable all summer? b/c chances are my unreliable family will make it impossible for me to know unitl the last minute if I can come
we'll miss you, kristen--and KC: we'll take you when we can get you. no worries.
Hm, yes. Gypsy is in fact located in a place that doesn't exist anywhere else in Tulsa?
It's at Cameron and Detroit. In an alley. With a gravel parking lot. Caravan sounds like a good idea.
Borders also sounds like a good idea. 3:00 Borders....21st between Harvard and Lewis!?
Cool, thanks for t3h ridezzz. I'm excited for this Friday.
I'm already bored, what is with THAT? It's not even the second week of summer. I think there's something wrong with me...
I'm in Bulgaria! It is so much fun and I miss you guys and my hheart will be at the meeting this Friday ( = love you all so much!
and here I thought she was actually gone...... In any case, Hello Margo! Hope you'll keep on having fun!
Friday looks very promising in my eyes, I can't wait!
That would be gross if your heart actually did come on Friday.
And probably a little unhealthy.
non-sence, I have been reading up on hearts, and I could totally build you a heart that could last.......15 minutes or so. But MArgo, you have to figure out how to transport it here for 2 minutes. then transport it back to be put back in you.
Ew.
All still pulsating and purplish. That would be really traumatic.
I think my vegetarianism is imminent. My mother bought eight chickens today for some final PTA mother thing at the house, and it was surprisingly gross having to even lift them from the basket onto the conveyor belt. So I don't think I'll ever be preparing meat for myself. And I can't really rationalize how I'd be okay with eating something I don't want to touch.
yeah, I don't have a problem with raw meat. you know......at one point, man ate raw meat. omg!but then we decided to do the oposite of evolving and allow ourselves to loose the right anti-bodies that would allow us to eat raw meat. Sometimes innovations and invetions arn't that great. Fire is great and all, but did they have to put meat over it!? w/e
have u never done that b4? well, I can see u still ordering meat at restaurants, but you would make a much better vegetarian than I am.
I'll try to be there friday, I think my lil sis can handle just the 3 girls tomorrow til my mom gets home (my sis charlene's 2 daughters + another girl we somehow picked up lol)
trip was the creepiest craziest thing since a lifetime ago, but hey, it was an interesting little Mecca-ish journey
still not sure where we're reading,no input, will check back tomorrow
joe we can still eat raw meat, we havent lost that
we cook meat because we have to eat it weeks to months after its death. raw meat is fine to eat if eaten within a day or so.
You guys are weird BUT I love you all. Have a great meeting today...I think it's today for you guys ( =
well, it's 1am right now.
Wade, what meat are you talking about? The only meat I normally eat, normally, is from the fresh meat section of the grocery store. Now, frozen stuff, it is frozen almost imidiatly, and if it is frozen, it is most likly already cooked. So, yeah.
Gross, guys.
Yeah, Casey, if I have to touch packages of raw meat, there's usually some kind of styrofoam piece protecting me from its squelchiness. Alas.
I had a creepy dream last night.
Like, creepy.
Post a Comment
<< Home