Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Riverside Reading

OK. It was discussed and decided at last Friday's meeting at the COTU/Gypsy that we'd meet riverside this week. The coffee house on 15th will be our rain option.

Now--we need to decide a time and specific location for our meeting. I do not know RiverParks well at all. I basically know where the ped. bridge is...so I will leave it to you who know more of the park system to help select a meeting point. As for time...it's Jessie's b-day, so she's got plans and company coming in. Can we accommodate? If we meet at 1 or 2p would that be early enough, Jessie? Shout out. And would that help you at all, Suzanna? I have standing Friday shopping plans w/ my mom (garage sales--duh!) through lunch-ish...

Let's set this plan.

(Oh, and Raul WAS in Mexico like Jessie suggested; he's back and still employed w/ US Cellular.)

Heart 12,

Easter

45 Comments:

Blogger wade said...

It really doesnt matter when it is to me. Ill be cool with any time

6/12/2007 01:19:00 PM  
Blogger lorelei said...

sounds good. but hopefully not before 11 though, i have a soccer scrimmage at 9:30ish

6/12/2007 02:47:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Is it supposed to rain Fri?
I know there is a playground-type area and a big ass field thing, but that's about all I've got for specific locations...

& Easter, ride? If you're going to be at home/around my house before the meeting, I mean.

6/12/2007 02:47:00 PM  
Blogger casey said...

no idea about Riverparks either.
ya, i figured it that's what u meant by indian.
i just spent 4 f*ing hours at the hospital for a dog bite and Duke wants 5 more essays out of me!
sigh

6/12/2007 04:26:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

kt--ride, yes. i'll expect your knowledge of west tulsa to have improved by then.

kc--dog bite?! summertime essays? wtf?

TIME?! we need to settle on a time.

6/13/2007 07:13:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Um...I think I could make it if it was earlier. I have class until one, so it would take me about twenty minutes to get to you guys, I think.

I wouldn't be able to stay long, since I'm on airport duty to get JB and McKenzie, so you might not want to re-arrange the whole meeting for me.

That said: The pedestrian bridge is closed...I don't know why. It was hypothesized that it's just because the water's been so high lately. There's this creepyawesome Western-themed playset on the west side of the river at about 22nd street. By the skate park. That's about all I know about River Parks.

6/13/2007 08:17:00 AM  
Blogger casey said...

ya, 31st bridge is closed.
looks like 1:30 ish?
oh, and the dog bite was my nephew Mathew, he's not quite 2 yet.

6/13/2007 08:57:00 AM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

I definitely read that as you recieved the dog bite from your nephew. It was deeply confusing for a moment.

& yes, Easter, I now know west Tulsa like the back of my hand. It's all taken care of.

We should go to the western-themed playground and have a shoot off. It would be an experience.

6/13/2007 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

...

...

let's say 2:00p.

location--for convenience, shall we say 41st/river?

oh, and i read the nephew/bite thing the same as kt. i thought kc was calling her nephew the dog that bit her.

6/13/2007 09:13:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Oh, man. Childhood dog bites? Traumatic. I hope he doesn't remember it.

2 works all right.
I've been given homework. Like, a lot of it. And it's hard.

And I am discontent.
(Casey, I'm learning When the President Talks to God...and it's much easier than I thought it would be. Four chords! And a completely not-rigid rhythm that he seems to make up as he goes)

6/13/2007 09:57:00 PM  
Blogger wade said...

21st and harvard is so much prettier and theres this perfect reading spot there

6/13/2007 10:33:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

does he mean 21st/river? 21st/harvard is quik-trip, arby's, burger street, and an empty drugstore whose parking lot has been overtaken by a seasonal flower seller.

if 21st/river has ample/easy parking it's fine w/ me.

we'll still hold 15th st coffee house as the rain option. is kristen still out of town?

6/14/2007 06:52:00 AM  
Blogger casey said...

cool. 21st/river @ 2

(Jessie-I thought i would practice in the empty house, but that won't ever happen now. so have to get over that asap i guess)

6/14/2007 09:14:00 AM  
Blogger wade said...

i mean 21st street riverside

6/14/2007 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Easter, my mom said she'd be home tomorrow so I won't need a ride. I memorized west Tulsa for nothing. :(

6/14/2007 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Yeah...but I understand your desire to not have people gawking at you. I mean, even Conor still has stage fright.

(Ha.)
Um...21st and River IS cool. We can take Easter to Purgatory! That would be so awesome. Assuming the water has gone down.

21st and Harvard, on the other hand -- not so cool. I was with Elliot and Paige and Joe not long ago and we almost got jumped at that QT...'cause at the intersection, I was going into the left turn lane (headed North on Harvard) and this woman behind us thought she would cut across the double yellow area and speed around me, right? And then she got mad 'cause I "cut her off" while she was doing illegal things. And she followed us to QT and started yelling. And told us we were lucky there were "kids around". I didn't disabuse her of the notion -- even though Paige is sixteen.

6/14/2007 03:00:00 PM  
Blogger suzanna said...

Crap. No Rogue this week or the next for me. I'll attend in spirit. Happy Birthday Jessie!

6/14/2007 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

REMEMBER OUR RAIN OPTION! 15th St Coffee House is our back-up plan, and if the weather pattern holds, it looms as our better option. As of now (7:10a), the Ark. River is swelling, so I don't know if we should meet there anyhow...?

If it's raining, we'll go inside.

Call me if you need me.

6/15/2007 07:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys, I can't make the meeting today. My step-dad's really sick and my Mom got a part-time job at the church so I have to babysit my sister from 10-3. I'm so sorry guys. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSIE!

6/15/2007 09:27:00 AM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Sooo...I'm confused...are we meeting at riverside...or coffee house?

6/15/2007 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

it's 1:10 and not raining...but i don't know how long that'll last. let's meet @ the coffee house.

call if you need me.

6/15/2007 01:11:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

kc--can the kids play cards or draw at one of the nearby tables?

6/15/2007 01:15:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I have just decided that naan is not at all like pita bread except in shape.

It's much lighter. And softer. And flour-based. And delicious.

6/15/2007 05:58:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

JUST LIKE YOU.
:)

6/15/2007 06:58:00 PM  
Blogger lorelei said...

ok so...i looked for you guys for like 30minutes...and my dad got really mad because we couldnt find you so......
we went to 15th street, but we didnt see a cofee house, and we went to 21st and the river, but we didnt see you guys there either.

6/15/2007 07:25:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

Thrombosis.

It doesn't have ug or ate, but it does have a "b". Didn't I say that as my last inkling?

And Bailey--dear, you have to come to the website more often. I always try to update the plan if the plan needs amended...and you can see I did that today. Twice.

6/15/2007 07:38:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

I'm going to use thrombosis in casual conversation tomorrow. Without referring to our trying to figure out what it was.

6/15/2007 07:48:00 PM  
Blogger lorelei said...

i normally come right before i leave and i thought we were meeting at the cofee shop. were not real familier with that part of town though. could i have phone numbers? so i can just call you guys if i get lost again...i had them but i dont anymore (no cell phone)

6/15/2007 09:08:00 PM  
Blogger wade said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6/15/2007 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger wade said...

bailey

ill tell you my number in person, i dont like putting that on the internet

and you should definitely learn to ask for rides

6/15/2007 10:18:00 PM  
Blogger sadkingjonathan said...

Yeah...I think I've given you my number like six times. You should have these like tattooed to the soles of your feet or something. (557 6961)

Cherry Street Coffee is on the south side of 15th. It's the first building east of Marquette.

6/15/2007 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger casey said...

720-7332

6/15/2007 11:15:00 PM  
Blogger lorelei said...

i know! im sorry ive had to ask for numbers so much! ive decided to just keep a number book in my pocket all the time.

6/16/2007 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

sorry...I didn't realize my brother had signed in. That sadkingjonathan post is from me.

I'm kind of thrilled by the possibility of this accident happening. That means he's been in this room using this computer.

6/16/2007 03:21:00 PM  
Blogger casey said...

miss u guys lots!!

6/16/2007 04:51:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

They're having a boy this time.

6/16/2007 11:12:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

congratulations! and happy birthday! and, hello, I'm back. and where are we meeting friday? and I missed everything.

6/17/2007 04:12:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I think we said Gypsy this Friday. But I could be completely wrong.

You didn't miss everything. Just most things.

6/17/2007 04:54:00 PM  
Blogger wade said...

gypsy i like the idea of that

6/17/2007 06:23:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

You're right, I didn't miss everything. But many things.

6/17/2007 06:43:00 PM  
Blogger casey said...

lots of poetry though slightly corny.

lots of life.

finally getting to really know all the nook and crannies (sp?) of tulsa...little late.

6/17/2007 07:35:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

the crannies rock, but be wary of the nooks.

6/17/2007 08:02:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

The nooks are full of crooks, most likely.

Ew. I have to study now. Remind me, in the future, never to take a reading-intensive course when JB and McKenzie are here? I don't get anything done.

10:53. T minus 10 hours and 7 minutes until test time.

(Remind me, also, not to drink before studying)

6/17/2007 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Yeah....just remember though, if you do. Liquor before beer, all is clear. Beer before liquor, you're even sicker.

6/17/2007 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

...that's dumb.

6/18/2007 08:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home