Friday, January 25, 2008

Me, My Walker, the Virgin, and Dial-up Internet

Greetings Rogues,

Oh, it feels good to be in contact--or sort of back in touch. I don't know how often I'll suffer using my parents' dial-up internet, but it seemed a good choice tonight, as it IS a rogue reading night after all. I hope you dutifully met and read...

Things here are progressing well. I have a nurse who comes daily to change my wound dressings, and I have a physical therapist who comes several times per week to help me regain the use of my legs. Thanks to KT's uber generous gift of the Virgin table runner (that belonged to her grandmother), my walker is bedecked with great Catholic garb which invariably raises eyebrows when the medical professionals show up.

While I have NO idea as to when I will be recovered enough to meet with you guys, I am loosely projecting I might be far enough along by early March. I don't know when I'll be back at school full-time...I'm guessing it could be in that same time frame...or later. My surgeon will decide when to release me, and I don't even see him to have stitches/staples removed until next Thursday afternoon. He MIGHT hazard a guess at that time based on how I'm doing, but...?

Anyhow, I just wanted to get back here and say something--and I truly hope you're all doing well and are living each day of good health as the blessing it is.

Heart 12,

Easter

28 Comments:

Blogger kay-tizzle said...

EASTER! Back in action.
It sounds like a trashy B movie. :/
This is good & exciting, tho, fo' sho'.

1/25/2008 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Ello Easter! Glad to hear you're getting better! Also we DO meet every friday and even found a new coffee shop down town! ( =

1/26/2008 12:09:00 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

it sucked though. uh.
Glad you're in contact. And really happy you're out of the hospital and moving around. Hope you and your parent's don't get on eachother's nerves.

1/26/2008 11:44:00 PM  
Blogger Brooke Autumn said...

Hello, Easter!


I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

1/27/2008 12:00:00 AM  
Blogger suzanna said...

So unbelievably good to hear from you Easter. Really. It's wonderful. Although it must majorly suck to be living with your parent again...



So, I'm really feelin' the Juno soundtrack these days. I didn't even like it at first, but now I really, enjoy like it.

1/27/2008 10:57:00 PM  
Blogger suzanna said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1/27/2008 10:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easter! You're talking, woop woop

1/28/2008 07:27:00 AM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

awwww shucks. i miss you guys like whoa. mayhaps i can at least come to coffee with you before long...but it'd have to be at a big, easy to move through venue (cough*gypsy!*cough) so i can manuever my walker without a lot of drama.

1/28/2008 04:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww..a walker. Haha. I can see you trying to get through. Should I laugh?

1/28/2008 07:09:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Yeah, Easter, that's gotta happen soon. Just tell us when you want to and we will go to gypsy. (caugh*soon!*caugh)

1/28/2008 09:20:00 PM  
Blogger Caseyraquelle said...

Sweet! But I'll probably need a ride if we go this friday.

1/29/2008 09:18:00 PM  
Blogger Brooke Autumn said...

Hope to see you sometime soon, Easter.


So what about this Friday?
Where are we meeting?
(If at shade's, someone needs to reserve a room)

PS...
lets never meet at Topkeka ever again... please.

1/30/2008 08:18:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Oh man, I SO second the notion to ban further Topeka gatherings.

It would def. be good to see you when you're up for it, Easter. Rogue has been seperated for too long!

1/30/2008 08:29:00 PM  
Blogger Caseyraquelle said...

Was that coffee shop really that bad?

1/31/2008 08:29:00 PM  
Blogger suzanna said...

Yeah, what exactly was wrong with it?

From the way Paloma described it, it was pretty yuppieish and high-brow. Which sounds really gross. Funny thing is... I hadn't ever even heard of it before this.

1/31/2008 11:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it was new. Like it had just opened like a week before.

My apple tasted weird this morning... Is that a sign?

2/01/2008 08:02:00 AM  
Blogger Caseyraquelle said...

Hey guys sorry i wasn't there today, I've been sick and so I stayed home.

2/01/2008 07:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys, sorry if I call you. My phone is making random outgoing calls. My bad Wade

2/01/2008 07:41:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

it's all good.

Yeah. Topeka coffee had just opened.

2/02/2008 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Wow so much hate for one little coffe shop. I didn't think it was that awful just very open and not a good place to read at. My reasone for going was their crepes which they didn't even have!

2/02/2008 01:27:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Oh sorry for the spelling! lol

2/02/2008 01:28:00 PM  
Blogger Jamittle91 said...

hey all..sry I missed last weeks...my dad was in the hospital because his blood pressure was extremely low and he passed out at work on thursday abd he is a heart patient so they had to take extra precaution..easter I'm glad ur feeling better..yay..
Jamie B

2/04/2008 03:31:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Hey guys. Thinking about you.

2/05/2008 12:13:00 AM  
Blogger Caseyraquelle said...

So are we having a meeting this week...or not?

2/06/2008 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

why wouldn't we have a meeting?

2/07/2008 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Caseyraquelle said...

Don't know just checking, so SoB after school tomorrow?

2/07/2008 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger wade said...

rogue does the cemetery

2/07/2008 04:42:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

I'm out for tomorrow. Have fun with the corpses.

2/07/2008 09:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home