Saturday, February 16, 2008

I can't stand it when people say FebYOOary.

And imagine my HORROR when I looked up "February" in an old dictionary to prove to myself there was no alternative pronunciation and found that while FebYOOary is NOT a legitimate pronunciation, it is mentioned as a bastardization (even back in the '40s when that dictionary was printed) that has grown madly as an acceptable pronunciation. What is this world coming to?!

No, I didn't hear anyone say FebYOOary at Rogue yesterday...but for some reason, it's on my mind this morning.

It was great seeing everyone yesterday. You all seemed very cohesive, and I was well pleased. I do plan on attending regularly heretofore, so I'll get to see Suzanna and Alan soon. For the near future, I would like you all to think about amending Rogue this year to just a live poetry reading night--sans publication. Thoughts? Also, we need to begin thinking about Spring Market. It has been our fundraiser for the last couple of years, and we've done well--about $225-350 in profits each year. So start thinking about stuff we can make and sell. Your jewelry always sells beautifully--esp. necklaces--but I'm open to branching out if anyone has good ideas for inexpensive, handmade goods (that would sell to midtown moms).

I need coffee.

Heart12,

Easter

20 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

It was great to see you too Easter. So, you are asking our opinions on not creating the magazine this year? hm........idk

2/16/2008 01:36:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

So, I'll be in town the first Friday in April...alumni meeting?

You guys should definitely still have a reading, even if there's no magazine.

Heart 12.

2/16/2008 06:45:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

I think the live poetry reading could work...And maybe we could do just a little thing for just us, like we did that one year with the folders and at Jessie's house... Maybe?

April 4th is the day of the art trip. :( Missing Jessie is a sad thing!

& I won't be there this Friday. I'm getting my wisdom teeth out. I'm trying not to think about it too much because it's a vaguely alarming thought.

2/17/2008 12:41:00 PM  
Blogger Caseyraquelle said...

I feel so young, too young possibly.

2/17/2008 04:17:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

it always happens that way Casey. But you're never too young.

yeah, I guess I'll miss Jessie too. But hey, it's Kansas City! It has the second largest amount of fountains for one city in the world. Frist, being Rome. That's amazing!

2/17/2008 04:59:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

hey--nobody told me Frist was in Rome!

2/18/2008 03:25:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

let alone that Frist IS Rome!!!

2/18/2008 03:25:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

aaack! i'm the only one home during the day to post! i'm a loser!

and while i'm on the topic...i'm ever so sorry for wade & margaret's break-up--NOT! ;) love ya! i'm glad you figured out that HS is for dating around and not getting overly serious about one person...i mean, what are the odds you're going to meet "the one" in your HS...or even in the city in which you're raised...or the state? country? as for me, i just KNOW that my "one" is mining opals in australia...or painting long hours away in a studio in a forgotten alley in some european country...

soooo depressed now...thanks, wadegret/margarade. thanks for nothing.

2/18/2008 05:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys I'm finally back in town.

What all did I miss. If yall could tell me at school tomorrow that would be great. I'll be at the next meeting fo-sho so count on it.

I too will be gone on April 4th..or 5th what ever it is..

So until tomorrow!

2/18/2008 06:39:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Well Easter I am glad to hear your oppinion on the subject, NOT! Love ya!

2/18/2008 07:09:00 PM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

lol@marge

2/18/2008 07:58:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Wow, Easter. Bored much?

2/18/2008 08:45:00 PM  
Blogger Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Well damn. I guess the alumni meeting idea is out. Silly art.

I'll be in town this weekend, though, starting early Friday afternoon. It's not an alumni month, but I'd like to see all of you while I'm in town, anyway.

2/19/2008 12:43:00 AM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Art is def. silly! It's twenty to one and I just finished my stupid painting...AND there's oil paint on my feet that won't come off. Gross. :/

2/19/2008 12:48:00 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

I finished my Eyrie piece, that Ms. Wissen is making me do, at 2 last night. Then I slept horribly.

2/19/2008 07:54:00 AM  
Blogger RoguePoets said...

jessie! you should definitely come this week if you're available. we've got some good new talent that you'd enjoy hearing, and so what if it's not an alumni week. we've been (predictably) awful about remembering our alums, so i don't think anyone would/will mind. do come!

as for the KC trip, how can i get some of THAT action? i need to talk to wissen...

2/19/2008 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger Caseyraquelle said...

*blinks a few times astonished, opens mouth to speak but then closes it...silence...* Interesting conversations are happening here.

2/19/2008 04:34:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

definitely Easter. You should come. But wissen is going to be out for a week.....surgery.

2/19/2008 06:01:00 PM  
Blogger kay-tizzle said...

Oh man, KScity would be 10x cooler with an Easter. Fo'Sho'.

2/19/2008 10:16:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

It's a beautiful world, it's a beautiful world.

I just looked out my front window this morning, and it really appears to be.

2/20/2008 08:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home